SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

A legitimate win

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BoodyBoo
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got an email last night with the subject "Congratulations - you have one more step before becoming a winner"

Naturally I thought it was a scam but decided to read it anyways. It turns out that I won a trip for 2 to LA from Coca-Cola. I remember entering the draw and I called the prize agency (which is about 3 miles from where my office is) and confirmed it's legit!

I have to answer the skill-testing question and sign their waivers before I am "officially" declared a winner. No bank account info. No personal info (other than what they got when I entered the draw). Woohoo! Laughing

Boody
Rorschach
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

happy crowd Congratulations.

A few years ago I entered a competition in the London Evening Standard - I had to collect about 15 tokens to get a chance of winning a new Docklands flat. I got a call a couple of weeks later to say that I had won their competition for....

....two tickets to see the Test Match at Lord's (another competition that I had entered by text and then forgotten about).

I went through a range of emotions during that phone call.

BRUNO HAYFORD: "you are an eel, 75% negative, 10% positive, 10% amorphous and 5% blank"
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So it is 100% risky free!

--J.D.

Okay, own up! Which one of you are sending him on a safari to LA?!

TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Congrats Boody!

happy crowd happy crowd happy crowd

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
BoodyBoo
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^J.D.

It could be my parents or in-laws wanting to spend 4 days with their grand daughter...
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BoodyBoo wrote:
... I won a trip for 2 to LA from Coca-Cola. ...

Read the small print carefully. These things usually end up costing more than I trip you arrange yourself.

The "trip" you won is usually just the plane ticket, or just the hotel room. You have to pay the rest, but at their conditions.

Be carefull.
BoodyBoo
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

Thanks, I'll be sure to check it out. I know I'm responsible for ground transportation and food. Hopefully they'll put up for a decent hotel.
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Whatever you do, don't be blinded by the hype of having "won" something.

Do the math first.

Consumer groups often warn about these trips.

Some are a bargain, some not.
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Prize agency? I thought it was Coca-Cola. KD has hit the nail right on the head. At the best, it will be a flight out to LA complete with 8 hours of a time share offer shoved down your throat. You will be picked up at LAX, driven to a hotel meeting room and before check in, the hard sell. At the worst, a package scam that may seem so-so, but you will never be able to use any of the parts of the package.

I would pay not to have to go to LA.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
BoodyBoo
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ It's a company that runs the contests and promotions on behalf of other companies or "Sponsors". I used to deal with these "fulfillment centres" in my previous life as a PR/Marketing hack. I knew the name of it when I saw it in the legalese of the contest rules.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic