SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Spam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
CollateralDamage
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I suppose like everybody else I receive a daily avalanche of emails promising cheap medicines, software and various �appliances�. Has anyone replied to these and are there baiting opportunities with them???????

I�d be pretty confident that they would be a case of send us your money and get nothing in return.

i dont have time for you u most be a basted from your mother and your father must be a big dog but all i will let u know is that may u go and die like a lizard as i don't want u to skeak with me any more if u reply this message that means your father and mother including all your family is a dog and goat.

bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bbbbbbbbbbbbbb mr lizard pastor - Mrs Williams

GO THE HELL AND TELL MAX PAYNE TO PUT A PENGUIN UP HAS ASS SHIT HEAD - Bob Manlee
Mortar x1
CD - 4
Lad - 0
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Responding to those will get you thousands more spam mails. I don't believe these can be baited as these people are not affiliated with the crap being sold, there job is to do the spamming. It's best to just delete them.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Generally their entire purpsose it to direct you to a website rather than to actually interact with you. Hit delete as fast as you can.

johnny5
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

They're sent in their thousands, the number of "couldn't deliver"s they get back must be enormous, so I imagine they're sent from a throwaway address that's forgotten about by humans.
I read once that if you reply to these, they then know your email address is valid and will send more, probably determined by a script their end.

You won't get a bait, you'll just get signed up for a ton more spam.

As for what they're selling, I don't think it's a case of take your money and run, though it might be. I think this stuff really is on offer, but it'll be cheap tablets, CD-R burned software etc.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

johnny5 wrote:
the number of "couldn't deliver"s they get back must be enormous

I was forced to nuke a webmail account I'd had for 7 years because of those bastards. They're probably still bouncing 'em off that one. Sad

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

johnny5 wrote:
I read once that if you reply to these, they then know your email address is valid and will send more, probably determined by a script their end.

Actually just previewing one can load a server side image that validates the email address.
johnny5
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

True, but only if you allow images to load.
I don't use a big email client so I dunno what the defaults are but I believe they're finally disabling images by default.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic