SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Please don't ring this mugu...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

<br>The back story....

I go out to the pub on a Sunday afternoon [Quelle suprise] and read my paper and have a bit of banter as well.

The following is from The Mail On Sunday(UK paper) financial help section and is basically a fake cheque scam submitted by a vigilant reader.

Name of company Ronald Harvey, which the lad has piggybacked.

His telephone number is a UK mobile ....O703 181 8974. This number has been published by the newspaper.. The lad's name is Michael.

The journalist ends his piece with this..." I'm sure I couldn't encourage readers to harrass Ronald, sorry Michael, but if anyone can get a better answer from him, do let me know."

Over to you.

The journalist at the Mail is Tony Hetherington [Readers Champion] and he does an excellent job on this stuff. Link to the site ....

www.thisismomey.co.uk/columists

Maybe we can use this to raise the profile of this type of fraud and also this site's battle against it?

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
HitchHiker
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tommo, The number you quote is not a mobile phone, but a personal number, such as those issued by flextel and the like.

Although 07 is the prefix for mobiles, 070 is reserved for personal numbers.

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consumeradvice/landline/adviceno/
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Thanks for that.

It's still his number and please please please everybody don't ring him up at unsociable hours . Especially if your time difference is + - 8 hours. If you do. Make sure you apologise. Very Happy

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik

spot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Time difference here in New Zealand is about 12 hours. Anyone know how much it would cost to call that number from Skype?

spot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ When you put the number into Skype, it'll tell you how much the call will be (per minute) before you even call.

If anyone can speak to this Lad and record it, I'd be quite happy to send it on to the Mail on Sunday.

Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^<br>Thank you for posting the full article.

I don't have a scanner. No, honest, I don't. I'm not kidding. Hence I can sleep easy at night when the lads tell me to scan the stuff and I say I can't. Shame! Crying or Very sad

QXT
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone used this?

Let me know if it works..thanks...

www.callitfake.com

"you punk ass foolish son of a bastard prostitute's mother, born to a villain of a robber and grand parents of the liliput lineage."
MikeH
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Skype bummer: This one has a "forbidden number" :

Quote:
Unfortunately Skype does not support calls to all number ranges in every country. There are a select number of premium priced or geographic/country specific numbers which are forbidden and cannot be reached using SkypeOut at this time. If the number you are calling is not supported we apologize for that and suggest that you use a different method to call that number.

Too bad--the call would have been about 2 US cents/minute to an ordinary number.

404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Damn....No ....skype can't call this #

I'd love to call this lad!!!!!

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>
starstar Ghana Easter Egg 2013

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
2891miles
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@QXT

It works when calling my K7 number but I don't think it will work with numbers outside the US.
It also appends a message about the call being a demo to the end.
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If somebody could manage to speak to this lad and tell him they've lost his e-mail address, we could then maybe have some fun.

Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am sure there's probably a pay phone around here somewhere - I may try to get some information from him.

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bad news - I went out and got a calling card and called from a pay phone - I got the message that I have reached a number that is no longer in service.

So, I just called it on my personal cell phone - same thing - the phone is no longer in service.

<br>

Mortar x12
Golden Pith
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He probably caught wind of it from the papers and had the number disconnected.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic