SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Third Anniversary Safari - (Video p. 63)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

PsycheDelia_Smith wrote:
I bet we could trick Ed into compiling all those mails into a publishable format. The lawyer could tell him he's going to be compensated, and will need to produce all relevant correspondence for the last 3 years in a tidy, readable form. Laughing

Now that's a truly excellent idea. Hopefully Ed would have kept a record of all the emails and it would be a truly excellent result to have him put them all together for us - and incredibly time consuming. No doubt he'd mess it up the first few times, and have to start again from scratch, but with enough help he'd sort it out eventually.

Perhaps a lawyer is willing to help him out but needs a full record of everything to pursue his case?

checknomore
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I do not know however I am thinking is it wrong to pick on the dumb guys? I mean when we use the dumb ones up, won't the smarts ones be left?
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For a lad I don't think that Ed's particularly dumb, given the weight of evidence that seemed to make sense to him that what the baiters were saying was legit, I am not surprised that he did what he did. The fact that he got out of Singapore when many of us expected him to stay there longer shows that he isn't really that stupid.

Why did he stay so long? Of course greed was the main thing, and Amy's phone calls definitely helped out, but if you put yourself in Ed's shoes wouldn't you at least partially believe what was going on?

I think that we're doing Mr Mugu, Eliza and PDS (and all others involved) a disservice when we say that Ed's stupid, as it appears to lessen their brilliance in pulling off this bait.

Zorro
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

/\

Do you mean that we should bait only the smart one's? If yes, then if we see that a lad is stupid, do we drop him? If yes, why?

We try to bait any scammer that comes our way. The objective is to have fun and waste his resources. The intelligence level of the scammer really makes no difference to us except that it makes the bait more interesting if the scammer is clever/intelligent.

Edited to add that I totally agree with this
Quote:
I think that we're doing Mr Mugu, Eliza and PDS (and all others involved) a disservice when we say that Ed's stupid, as it appears to lessen their brilliance in pulling off this bait.

There is one way to find out if a man is honest; ask him! If he says yes, you know he's crooked.

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
lucky777
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think he's trying to say Ed is somewhat smart, but gullible.
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think Zorro was referring to checknomore's post rather than mine, but yes indeed that was what I was trying to insinuate, that Ed is hardly stupid, a little gullible but definitely not stupid. Considering all the shit he thought was happening to him I'm surprised he didn't go totally nuts and kill himself in some respects.

We don't know the full story of how PDS and Mr Mugu convinced Ed to board that plane from Nigeria to Singapore - perhaps the one move that was a bit Stupid on Ed's behalf although for all we know it was actually the result of damn amazing baiting.

On a side note, if you guys need any help compiling the bait for publishing I'll throw my name into the hat.

Zorro
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

yrubraj wrote:
I think Zorro was referring to checknomore's post rather than mine

Yes I was. Your post got in well before mine did Smile

There is one way to find out if a man is honest; ask him! If he says yes, you know he's crooked.

Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think the intelligent but gullible combination is surely the most fun when it comes to a lad. This means they'll know how to spell properly, and will actually get their act together and provide you with the necessary documentation when you ask for it, but at the same time they're easily convinced by stuff that you say and they totally believe that you're legit.

Now that's the perfect lad.

Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've found so far that the really stupid ones are often more of a hassle and more work.

Sometimes they're so dim/slow that they end up baiting you by asking YOU a question per email Laughing (although, this still achieves our goal, which is great, it's just annoying!). The really stupid ones don't follow instructions, or don't understand, no matter how many times you tell them. They don't take initiative (which is what you want from a lad I think as a baiter) and they don't take kindly to new ideas (unlike smarter lads who pounce on opportunity).

So I suppose everything is a trade off, but dumb or smart, they should be treated with the same medicine. A Rhodes scholar who holds up a liquor store deserves the same punishment as anyone else.
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What baiters do to lads does make them look stupid, but it's really not about intelligence. Lads with much lower IQs than Ed successfully dupe people from all walks of life out of vast sums of money every day. The lads see themselves as smart, sharp, streetwise, a world cleverer than the 'magas', who are rich, stupid, and greedy. There's no way we could be fooling them now, is there?
Anyone can be had, if they don't know better.

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
Netherlands Nigeria Ghana South Africa
Sand Timer'Ed', 3 yrs 8 mnths Sand Timer'Oguguo',6 years and 4 months
jane austen
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That's true. The things baiters fall for become a lot less surprising when you think of the things that the people they fool fall for. If you can make a story convincing enough, then people will believe it. It's as simple as that. That's what is so impressive about this bait - that you not only came up with such a wild story, but that you made it so convincing, and had Ed fall for it so completely.

I look forward to seeing what you do with him now he's at home...
mami
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ed is game with the story because he is greedy.... He really doesn't care about the story... he just wants money... Wink

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Any idea on how much he ended up spending?

Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow the previous post was reply number 1111 for this thread. Ignoring PW threads in the general chat section this must be one of the longer threads in this forum ever.

lucky777
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pimp My Number and George Bush both have more views.
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

More views maybe, but not more replies. I started reading this one when it had reached 13 pages and that was merely 2-3 weeks ago I think.

PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Zorro wrote:
Any idea on how much he ended up spending?

I'll find out. Smile Of course, we'll only have his word for it, which isn't worth much.

Quote:

Dear Mr. *****,

My God, you had a rough time over there. Personally, I don't know much about this 'Seven Dragons' gang, but I spoke to a friend who's heard they have links to the Chinese 'Triads'. They annihilate by torture, mutilation and slaughter, all who cross them. I hear they have associates all over the world. Let's hope they don't catch up with you.

Our company is always aware of the dangers from organised criminals when carrying out delicate matters in the Far East. Fortunately, Hugo was on the ball, and prepared for attempts at stealing your inheritance. He denied any business with you involving large sums of money. The criminals will now, hopefully, concentrate on another possible victim. Thank God you are home safely.

Tell me how much the trip cost you, including flights and accommodation, and I will offset your legal bill against that amount, so there will be no loss to you.

I will apply for an extension to the transfer date, so that we can make alternative arrangements for you to collect your inheritance.

Have a nice day.

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako

Last edited by PsycheDelia_Smith on Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We can only guess his airline ticket cost, as he may have paid full price, although some people in this thread have suggested he may have travelled with fake tickets. Other than that it should be reasonably easy to at least estimate how much it would have cost to feed and accommodate him throughout his time in Singapore.

How many days did he stay eventually? Almost three weeks wasn't it?

Zorro
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

yrubraj wrote:
How many days did he stay eventually? Almost three weeks wasn't it?

A three weeks safari on the third anniversary Laughing

Edited to add a point on the fake tickets - If he has indeed travelled Emirates, it is highly unikely that he used fake tickets as their whole system is computerised and if not now, then a future audit is sure to nail his inside contact, if he has one, for faking the ticket entries. Another thing is that Singapore is very expensive, so is Dubai. I know that scammers in Dubai put up in furnished apartments that cost no less that USD100 per day. Add the food and travelling to that .... sure to add up to quite an amount

Last edited by Zorro on Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@PD_S:

He will provide receipts of course . . . have to verify an expense account.

At worse, he will be wasting time making up receipts.

--J.D.

PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Of course, but we don't tell them exactly how things should be done in one fell swoop. Lads should never get things right the first few times. Smile

Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Indeed.

And they will have to be notarized . . . "I rather thought everyone knew receipts must be notarized."

--J.D.

mr. mugu
Lazy Bum

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@checknomore
I wouldn't say Ed's the brightest person I ever met, but he's hardly the dumbest. I was baiting one for a while that admited he was new to scamming Very Happy Ed's like a lot of these guys; he doesn't even think anyone would torture him like this. There's no money in doing it and someone like Ed wouldn't think of doing something that doesn't stand a chance of turning a profit.
I do bait the smarter ones but, ah, they're smarter. Usually the smart ones dump you if you start going off script. They realize that it's more profitable going after the compliant magas.

"I don�t know if you intention is to run away with my sweat." - George Dunant
"stop writting me piece of sh*t mother f**ker. you want a story, I will give you a story about your scam master George" - Newsm*ker
"QUICKLY DO THE GIRL MARY WANT TO DIE IN OUR NECK" - Ecowas bank
pony
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^and we are looking at a "summary" or "compression" of baiting that has taken years to cultivate. Look at it that way, and a person feels it is obvious.

You make a good point: a Lad who has to pay for internet time and all of that cannot understand that there are people who will do this for the shear pleasure and sense of justice.

That is their downfall.

--J.D.

lucky777
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm willing to bet Ed has his OWN computer and doesn't use a cybercafe. (He could afford a trip to Singapore after all)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic