SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Selling Dog Scam?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
iYgS
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So yesterday in a catcher account, i received an e-mail of some guy selling his grandmas puppies.

Being quite suspeicious i sent an e-mail back asking if he could ship it to korea.

He said he could, haha!

Has anyone encounted a scam like this before?

iYgS
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There is actually a classic Shiver bait that is generated from a "puppy" scam...

You should read it, it is hilarious... Very Happy

http://www.419eater.com/html/tommy_mark.htm

Hope this link works...

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo

Last edited by Simba on Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
XPS1710
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Puppies is good - Mogwais are better! Seriously, Wanted: Dead or Dead - priceless.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We had a nice Australian lady in here last month asking the same thing. Up until then I'd not come across one in my catcher account before.

It turns out that it's just a twist on the age old advance fee scam.

You want the dogs shipped to Korea? No problem!

Of course there will be shipping fees to pay, vet innoculations, customs fees etc. From there on in it will be a nice straightforward bait.

I'd go for it if I were you. Those puppies are sooo cute, and risky free.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
iYgS
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hahaha of course i wanted it! that black labradore was too cute, and in Korea, they are a delicacy. lol Razz

Time for some fun!
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

<br>Old Korean saying : "Remember, puppies aren't just for Christmas. If you carve them thinly enough you can make them last till the New Year."

I'll get my coat!

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
CollateralDamage
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just remember that dog liver is toxic and for that matter the liver of any meat-eater.

http://student.bmj.com/back_issues/0502/life/158.html

i dont have time for you u most be a basted from your mother and your father must be a big dog but all i will let u know is that may u go and die like a lizard as i don't want u to skeak with me any more if u reply this message that means your father and mother including all your family is a dog and goat.

bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bbbbbbbbbbbbbb mr lizard pastor - Mrs Williams

GO THE HELL AND TELL MAX PAYNE TO PUT A PENGUIN UP HAS ASS SHIT HEAD - Bob Manlee
Mortar x1
CD - 4
Lad - 0
lucky777
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

They'll send you a sheep.
Edit: Adding link.
http://www.stippy.com/only-in-japan/maiko-kawakami-and-many-japanese-women-mistake-lambs-for-poodles/ Wink

Last edited by lucky777 on Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I get a few puppy scams, I love them, excellent way to waste their time filling out adoption papers, vet assessments, food bills, quarantine requirements and so on.

If anyone has some they don't want, send them my way! Very Happy
spot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Although some Lads will mass mail their puppy scam scripts in hope that they strike lucky, they will normally specifically target dog breeders who place their addresses on breeders web sites or small ads like craigslist and gumtree .... they can be very successful Crying or Very sad

Mr. Green
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was in west Africa a little while ago on business (really) and had an interesting conversation about puppy scams with my interpreter. Said he�s known a few puppy scammers over the years and they are mostly young kids just starting out in the business. The hook is to try and play on people�s sympathy for the animals � don�t be surprised, for example, if you�re told the animals are going to be put to sleep soon if you don�t come up with some money. Assuming my guy was right, that the puppy scammers are mostly kids this probably helps explain why they are so gullible and fun to bait. Enjoy!

Interestingly, my interpreter (who is a great guy by the way) also thought the puppy scammers were especially corrupt because they play on people�s good intentions. By contrast, he had little sympathy for "greedy" trunk box victims, but that�s whole different topic (and one that kept us going for a long time riding in the car together!).

Last edited by Mr. Green on Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

~spotthepot,

That's a very good pertinent point. The Aussie lady who was on here last month was a dog breeder, her addy had been harvested from a breeders website.

I'm not so sure I can agree with Mr Green, I baited the scammer concerned on the real breeders behalf, but to be honest I found the scammer to be totally professional and convincing. A world apart from your common or garden trunk box lad. (Although of course I could just have been unlucky this time round).

I can see why spotthepot says they can be v successful. I've only dealt with the one, but she was very good. I had to give up on her.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Nyx
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I know cat breeders get these types of mails too. I bait the scammers for the breeders, but they are kind of lazy.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Back to my latest puppy friend, he has some fun things to say over the weekend (4 unreplied emails he sent (edit spelling error) me!):

puppy lover lad wrote:
the Questionairs are almost ready have got one of my friend,who is helping me out on it.i will be paying him 25pounds for that. Sweet Twisted Evil

puppy lover lad wrote:
i tried seeking loan from my Girlfriend but she is also broke.

puppy lover lad wrote:
Please try to consider the fact that am still a student and do no have lots of money.But i thing have tried my best to meet up with your business requirements.

He was told to fill out a questionnaire for each puppy (there's 35 of them) let's hope he doesn't just fill out one... because that would be entirely unacceptable Laughing Twisted Evil

Last edited by Red on Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
XPS1710
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Red:

35 PUPPIES? Is this from the one litter?

The poor bitch. Shocked
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ 3 litters apparently.

He had 10 to sell, I said I was buying 35 from someone else (true actually, I was, albeit fake puppies! Laughing ). He sourced another 15, but I still needed another 10, so he somehow found them.

It seemed every pregnant bitch in nigeria was giving birth at exactly the same time. Lucky huh! Wink
XPS1710
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Even 10 from one litter is a bit much. Not many smart breeders would buy that, thankfully. None of my dogs have ever had more than 6 (I bred Lhasa Apso's). Now if it were rabbits.....

Gotta love those ambitious lads. The greedier they are, the less believable their story becomes.
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ the disadvantage of purchasing 35 is the moaning about feeding 35 and how he can't afford it. But considering the fact he's probably never even seen a y0rk13 I'm not overly inclined to feel sorry for him.
XPS1710
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Red:

LMFAO! I wonder how many he is selling to other people too. Oh all those puppies. Are they house-trained I wonder? Dog poop everywhere he walks? Do insist that because of their valuable nature they are kept warm inside. Very Happy

Such a pity he don't actually have any - wouldn't it be lovely a vision of a lad cleaning up dog poo.

I think it may be fun trying to get a photo of all 35 together. Laughing
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ don't worry, that's coming! Very Happy

Right now i need the questionnaire forms to clear customs. But then there's quarantine forms, foreign transfer forms, vet medicals, audio proof of health... the list is endless.

Eventually, of course, my character gets arrested for bestiality (i'm sorry everyone, i do really love dogs.... really.... love.... dogs.... Embarassed ) and her farm gets shut down. Luckily her brother will be ready to take the shipment but naturally he'll require more puppies because he is amalgamating the two businesses.

This will revert back to forms again.

And the cycle of life continues Very Happy .
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Too funny! clapping

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
coyotekid
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My first contact with a scammer was when I put some rats up for adoption on petfinder. A "veterinarian" from Africa wanted me to send him the "rare" rats to him. All I had to do was cash his check and take whatever I wanted from it and send him the rest of the money.

... Yeah, cause I'm sure they don't have rats in Africa? They aren't exactly high-priced pets. Razz (unless you count vet bills)
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This just in:

Puppy lover lad wrote:
Have been working over night to get the questionaires ready

Now don't go to any trouble... I mean... they're just puppies! Laughing Twisted Evil
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Very weird emails today:

Puppy lover lad wrote:
i am very sorry to say that you have failed to Understand all what am saying,this is a very simple think,Although i do not think am really gaining any thing from this transaction at all.Have been spending all my money on these.
Please advise if you would not be able to send me some little money TO sustain the puppies
And i will rather return them by tomorrow.and forget about all these

hmmm not really interested in that, but thanks, so I said:

I wrote:
Perhaps you are not reading what I wrote to you, I thought you said you were from London? If so, then why is your English so poor? I made it abundantly clear my position on this. I am very willing to help you and the puppies, in fact, I am spending $35,000 to ensure that, all I need you to do is fill out the very straight forward and simple forms so I can go ahead with the processing.

Again, read my email and you will see that I have taken every effort possible to make this transaction happen. I have spent a lot of money on new kennel housing for these puppies and I have secured a loan with a debt finance institution in order to pay this fee. If you want me to do even more then frankly, you're barking up the wrong tree, because I have done a LOT less for the last batch of Shepard puppies that I bought and the vendor did a LOT more and did not complain once. This is how businessmen act, they did not waste time complaining about very minor things, you will learn this as you get older sweety.

In the meantime you promised me the completed paperwork by Monday evening... I still don't have it. This is rather unacceptable because I have a meeting tomorrow morning with customs agents to process to the paperwork in person and if I have to cancel that meeting because you couldn't do what you said then I will be most unhappy.

I look forward to hearing from you soon, I have also attached a photo of myself because I suddenly realised that I have not as yet shown you a more personal picture.

To which he replied:

Puppy lover/hater lad wrote:
FUCK U

Ouch, that hurt! I gave a very indignant response, suggesting that perhaps it wasn't for me...

And I got this piss poor response (I will be demanding a handwritten letter of apology later).

Pathetic puppy lover lad wrote:
Subject: OOOHH SORRY

Am so sorry,That was meant for my friend,i was asking him to borrow me some money for the feeding,he didnt want to give me.
He is so greedy,i saw him off to the cash point early today to draw some cash,all he was telling me now his that he as used it.
Am soliciting for money to sustain the puppies.
Am on the 12th Qestionaire now ,T0ny is right hear with me helping me out. Well, that's a good result
U are so beautiful in that picture,Are u Married???

Here we go! Very Happy

Time in Nigeria: 2:14am ...... Excellent! clapping
Jervis Tetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Coyotekid^--welcome aboard--

Funny as all get-out that a lad 'veterinarian' in W. Africa would attempt to negotiate a scam to buy/ship rats. No doubt you put your email address in a circulated paper that some lad harvested....

There undoubtedly are honest noble veterinarians earning naira in nairaland...Just keep in mind that they do not randomly write to people and ask to be sent rats, of all creatures on earth. Maybe if one needed an echidna or rattlesnake for research, that would be another dead-end street to bait from.

But rats?--- the cash value of a rat is incalculable--and negative, IMHO.-- Has anyone on the planet ever actually spent serious shipping cash to send a rat from one continent to another, Customs aside..? NOT! ---Your lad is not only a scammer, but despicable in posing as a man of animal medicine and science....And how many USD sent by you to him on the deal before you send a rat to another rat?

Play him and then stomp him...But first be sure to surf the net and find pix of 'cute rats' [ugh--an oxymoron] to send, in hats, costumes, etc--it will keep him hanging on...Surely they exist out there somewhere, but personally I hate rats. H8 them. Even at ratballs dot com, which you might like.

cheerz--jervis tetch

What a FUCK, for doing this i will make sure by tomorrow i will be in Washington and send the FBI to pick you up where ever you are by all means just believe i must do this and use it as a prove that i am who i am. I give you just 1 hour to take my passport out from that page or eles when i get to Washington there will be no forgiveness just take my word. I will send all boxes and documents covering the boxes in your name to Washington and you will be asked so many question and if possible you will go to Jail with my power i PROMISE I MUST DO IT.
His Excellency Ambassador Dr. Kwame Bawuah-Edusei
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic