SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

A new scam???

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
phatcat42141
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been baiting this new scammer and run across this site and was wondering if any of you have seen this scam yet?
Quote:
SHELL PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT
COMPANY NG LIMITED
WESTERN DIVISION
WARRI DELTA STATE
NIGERIA

Sir,
APPLICATION FOR AUTO PASSENGER CARS
We the management of S.P.D.C. Nigeria wish to required from your company auto passenger car in fleet of fifty (50) cars and above.

We kindly requested from your company a quotation of various 2006 model cars and prices to enable us to chose our choice and remit the amount before supplies resumes as soon as possible.

We shall be very happy to hearing from you soon as the auto cars are needed urgently for our senior staff use.

Yours faithfully,
Sing T .Quin
Company Secretary
For S.P.D.C
Warri Nigeria.
E-MAIL:[email protected]
Canadon Alfa
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Haven't seen it before, but you probably reply and they tell you they need $4500 by WU to review the catalog. Confused

"I pray that the gorillas will not destroy the slip i.e. the customers copy." -- Div1ne Ok0ye

Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts
phatcat42141
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I did reply to them and told them of a different varity of cars that I could have for them. Boom the bit and now we are in talks of 50 2006 BMW 530i's. I have been at it with these guys for a few weeks now and even had to fire my secretary (I just about screwed up the baiting process so I blaimed her and fired her) and we are back on track once again.
XPS1710
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Might be another one for credit card fraud. Probably want to front up with an Amex to pay it. might save some poor Amex holder (haha! A POOR amex holder... Rolling Eyes ) a massive heart attack.

BMW's are salable, they will want the cars. Bait em til you get a card number, then contact the card company to inform them of possible illegal activity. Ask for the 3/4 digit security number in a second "Oh, and I just remembered" email - ask for that front up, and they know they dont have it, you cant get the card stopped because they might run. If they try and give one, then thats something the card issuer will be interested in because it can verify if its generated, or lost/stolen card.

Just remember to tell the issuer its an order from Nigeria - they will take you more seriously then.
phatcat42141
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks XPS1710
I will surly look for the ol credit card number and see what they can give me on it. And I will for sure turn it over to the credit card companies
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Could be a fake check bit, where they send you a check for more money than you agree to for the sale and they ask you to wire/WU the balance back before the check bounces.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
XPS1710
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If its a check, then someone might be able to get a drop box for them to send it to. Just to get it off the street.

It possibly is more likely for a cheque, because this would be one really greedy lad if its not!
Mad4Maya
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What they'll probably do is include the shipping cost in the payment to you and want you to forward the extra money to the shipping company. It's a basic check mule scam for higher stakes.

I will like to assure you that this transaction is 100% risk to both parties...Th0mps0n Br0wn
pony pony pony
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

phatcat42141 wrote:
(I just about screwed up the baiting process so I blaimed her and fired her) and we are back on track once again.

Just something to think about as this unfolds, but this secretary can come back and sue you for sexual harassment, wrongful termination, whatever. Suddenly your assets are frozen . . . but maybe they will be able to "hold for you $$$$" since they are so trustworthy.

Some suggestions of painful twists and turns you can take.

--J.D.

Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

<br>This bait just begs for you to ask him loads and loads of questions. One by one in separate e-mails.

What colour? Model? Petrol? Diesel? Right hand/left hand drive? Airbags? CD and dvd? Reclining seats? Goat skin upholstery? Delivery address? Copy of his driver's license and ID and loads of form filling. Picture of him holding up a sign saying "Pimp my car, you Mother."

Looks like a fake cheque scam to me as previously said, playing for slightly higher stakes than your usual Yorkie puppy scammer.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
phatcat42141
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I just heard back from them and they seem to want me to fly out to Nigeria,,,,, So I am planning on getting them to book me a flight (first Class) and a five star hotel room (After all the are a huge company). Would like a few pointers from you guys on how to word this. Also the idea about firing the secretery and her comming back to sue me is great. I am also making up a huge question list for them. Here is the last email they sent

Quote:
THANKS FOR THE ATTACHED PICTURE OF THE BMW, WE REALLY APPRECIATE. I ALSO WISH TO INFORM YOU THAT THE PURCHASING DIRECTOR AND THE BOARDS OF DIRECTORS REALLY APPRECIATE THE CAR AND THEY HAVE APPROVED OF THE PURCHASE OF THE BMW530i CARS.

WE WILL LIKE YOUR TO COME TO NIGERIA SO THAT WE CAN TRANSACT THE PURCHASE OF THE CARS WITH YOU IN PERSON. WE REALLY DO NOT LIKE THE IDEA OF TRANSACTING BUSINESS THROUGH THE INTERNET.

PLEASE SEND YOUR CONTACT PHONE NUMBER IN YOUR NEXT REPLY TO US.
WE HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON.

REGARDS,

T.QUIN
COMPANY SECRETARY
FOR S.P.D.C.
QXT
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I dunno about the flight, but the hotel is possible.

Say you've never been to Nigeria before. Say the recent kidnapping there (bless that little girl, hope she comes home safe) has really worried you. You need a bit of reassurance in that lonely place. Say you're unfamiliar with the place so would like them to book you a good reputable hotel etc. help you out, be your guide sort of thing.

"you punk ass foolish son of a bastard prostitute's mother, born to a villain of a robber and grand parents of the liliput lineage."
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

phat

His latest post again demands loads of questions

Nigeria is a very dangerous place. Is your hotel safe? Does it have room service? What temperature is the shower water? Do they provide shower soap?

The whole idea is to waste as much of the lad's time as possible, as you probably already know.

Don't be afraid to ask stupid questions. The worst is that he drops you. So what? You just re-bait - new addy and character.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Mind Freak
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good advice TS. clapping

Whether you are Moslem, Jewish, Christian, or any of thousands of other beliefs, or simply a Being without any religious standing, the Laws of Morality and the Scriptural Laws only applies when you are dealing with people that live by those laws! Wink http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32877

In the spirit of [oss] Col. Hogan's credo, "You'll assist fellow victims, cooperate with all friendly forces, and use every means to harass and injure the enemy's operations." [the cia didn't tell me to say that and hls didn't either; guess who did]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic