SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

new guy here

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jervis Tetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hi there onyenekwu-- Laughing

I agree with my peers above, welcome. You being from W. Africa but now in Asia have much wisdom to impart.

BTW, a simple mere question--where in S.E. Asia are you? Do you know banker Mr Lo Hung Dong in HK?

cheerz--jervis tetch/ mad hatter

What a FUCK, for doing this i will make sure by tomorrow i will be in Washington and send the FBI to pick you up where ever you are by all means just believe i must do this and use it as a prove that i am who i am. I give you just 1 hour to take my passport out from that page or eles when i get to Washington there will be no forgiveness just take my word. I will send all boxes and documents covering the boxes in your name to Washington and you will be asked so many question and if possible you will go to Jail with my power i PROMISE I MUST DO IT.
His Excellency Ambassador Dr. Kwame Bawuah-Edusei

Last edited by Jervis Tetch on Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Jervis, he's in Bangkok:

onyenekwu wrote:
onyenekwu' reporting from Bangkok.

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=930312#930312

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Jervis Tetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@SP--^hi

Thanx on that. I didn't do my posting homework on that one as I shoulda, but no matter how you slice it--it's all amusing.

One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble. I just hope he's not there to export 'fluffy kitties' back to W. Africa. [my terminology]...They hang people for that in Thailand.

What a FUCK, for doing this i will make sure by tomorrow i will be in Washington and send the FBI to pick you up where ever you are by all means just believe i must do this and use it as a prove that i am who i am. I give you just 1 hour to take my passport out from that page or eles when i get to Washington there will be no forgiveness just take my word. I will send all boxes and documents covering the boxes in your name to Washington and you will be asked so many question and if possible you will go to Jail with my power i PROMISE I MUST DO IT.
onyenekwu
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

people from burkina faso dont know what scam is all about, few ghananians do,Ivoriens? thats a long shot , most of the scams that originate from these areas are mostly from liberians, cameroonians and Nigerians living or operating out of these zones.

Its really huge here in SE asia, seems to have calmed a bit.I could nt imagine how thousands of people can make a living out of scamming others.Like they say in used car dealership, ' a sucker born every minute'

and its kinda quite organised out here, they do have some westerners working for them as well, like when they need to show a very reliable front.

I bear these people no grudges ( i was a victim in 1994 b'cos of greed), but i really hate what they do.I know how i felt in my time as a mugu, they took away my trust in humanity.

Rest assured that very majority of them are not enjoying their spoils for long. i ll elaborate on that with time.
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Greetings. You could be a very useful person to have around on the forums, not only for translation but also for insights into the mentality of the lads. It sounds like you've been stung before, so this is indeed the best way to exact revenge in a completely legal manner.

I guess everyone else has probably said it, but read the stickies (I think I've just about read them all myself by now) and bait safe. Make sure there are next to no links between your real identity and your baiting identity.

Perhaps we do place undue emphasis on African scammers, but they seem to be the ones who end up in our inboxes most often...

onyenekwu
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Roger that!!

been scammed, lied to, betrayed, threatened, jilted, shouted at, pissed upon, walked all over on, etc, but most of all its the bruised ego that gets to me most, time to get my pound of flesh.

just need things to keep me focus on the job, like real contributions and sorts , this fella here have had enough of being a 'walking wounded'

On the side how do I filter out the guymen from the spencers in here?
or should i just use common sense?
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The guymen on this forum? They are few and far between and when they do show up they are "dealt with" fairly quickly.

I wouldn't worry too much about that (i'm assuming that's what you're talking about?).
onyenekwu
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thats exactly what i was talking about and thanks for your explanation.

I was trying to get a friend the link to www.EFCC.com, the financial crime fighting body in nigeria and thats how I got to this place (eater forum).So i would assume its easy for anyone to find his/her way to this forum and just observe thereby undermining the baiting strategies.
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ they do find their way here, but they are dealt with quite easily and very quickly.

As you'll see, very very few know about baiting, and those that do don't know you're a baiter unless you post something about the bait here.

now, as for tactics, for sure, they might spot baiting tactics, but that means they'll burn a lot of real victims who ask innocent questions and the lad deems it to be a baiting tactic.

couple of things you can do to ensure your lad doesn't figure out he's being baited:

1. don't post your bait until it is complete
2. don't post your baiting character(s) name(s), use xxxxx instead

Follow one or both of those rules and you're pretty safe. Unless you go down the 1TV5 route... but as far as I'm aware that's completely legit Very Happy
onyenekwu
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

To Jarvis T,

Im in bangkok and not here to export fluffy kitties or anything that attracts hanging as a penalty, thanks for your concerns though sounds a bit racist, not that I do care what your opinions of me are , I only do mind as little as to get you amazed when and if you knew me personally and still think that I am 'Dodgy'.

Stick to the matter at hand and we will all get along just fine.

Sawadee khap'
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We get the occasional scammer here, but our mods use their Jedi mind tricks and route most of them out before they can even post. The rest are sussed fairly quickly by the rest of us, usually within a few posts.

That said, most scammers don't know what baiting is and wouldn't waste their internet cafe time researching us "gmail jokers" even if they did. They simply cannot understand why people would spend their spare time to try and help someone else for free. I suspect that a few of the upper level scammers browse around once in awhile (particularly in the fora viewable to guests), but the information presented here does more good for potential victims than it does for wary scammers.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Shocked

I don't think that's how Jervis meant it... there is a strict anti-racism policy here, and I for one have not yet witnessed racism from any permanent members.

I think this is just a misunderstanding onyenekwu. Anyway, back to more important issues, who did you tip in the footy this week?!

Last edited by Red on Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total
XPS1710
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SlayerFaith wrote:
but the information presented here does more good for potential victims than it does for wary scammers.

Proper Priorities there.

While its all fun and games the string lads along - the sooner the message is spread - the sooner scammers will need to finally get a real day job - there will be no victims left. I personally think Freemail services and ISP's could do a whole lot more to help get the message to everyone - but until then - hide nothing from a potential victim, and we 'win' by default.
onyenekwu
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

some other local cops are baiting as hard as anybody else.

just in.

http://odili.net/news/source/2007/jul/5/807.html
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

clapping

It's really good to see the Nigerian government nailing these scammers. Very Happy

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
the sooner the message is spread - the sooner scammers will need to finally get a real day job - there will be no victims left

This will never happen. you can take a "the best result for the majority" approach and try and reach as many people as possible but people have been falling for scams since the dawn of time.

Even if 419 is eliminated through some amazing technological means, scammers will still scam people in other ways. I'm not saying don't fight the good fight, we should and it's good, but the idea that there will be no more victims is, unfortunately, a pipe dream.
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Sadly I have to agree. Before the internet there were scammers, and although the internet's made things way easier and cheaper for them, as long as there are people gullible enough to believe scammers, and people greedy and heartless enough to believe scammers, then it'll always be a problem.

But that's hardly a reason to give up, every person talking to us is one less succesfully scamming. Our best approach is to spread what we're doing as widely as possible so eventually there are at least 10 baiters out there for every real victim.

SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
I'll settle for "less victims" Wink

As for the article, that's not a bait; its a home run! Very Happy Very Happy
I think Muritala is pretty much screwed:
Quote:
According to him, he got the bank orders from one Ariyo and gave them to Abayomi who had earlier boasted to him that he knew how to send it overseas to generate money. Abayomi was also held by police along the way. Yet, Muritala claimed he did not commit any crime.

"I don�t know how to browse! I bought these cheques from my cousin, Ariyo. It is only Ariyo who can say where he got the cheques from. I paid Abayomi N1,600 to send the cheques for me��.

So, you bought fake cheques from one guy and paid another guy to send them out to victims who were to cash them and WU the money back to you. Yup! No crime there. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
XPS1710
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Red:

I try to live Glass Half Full. Done the depression thing - its no fun.
Honestly though, a properly presented quick security message or page that requires a better reply than "tick the I Understand radio box" could go a long way. I used to work in an ISP - and it would be so easy just to add to those Security Agreements we go through for the ISP the existance of 419 and how the best option is to ignore anything that simply looks too good to be true. Honestly, if it were part of the sign up I would happily have made sure that everyone understood it very well.
The amount of pages you have to go through in signing up for a freemail, whats one more. To proceed, there will be a hidden link in the text that states "click here to show you have read this warning". Means they have to read the important part of it to find the link for the next page. It wouldnt be that hard - it really wouldnt. Its just so dissapointing that it is as much a pipe dream as the hopeful thought that one day these guys will run out of victims.
onyenekwu
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Red,

Thanks for clearing that up for JT, my understanding of the english language is quite limited, sometimes.

About footy tomorow, Adelaide is playing home to Harthorn, hmmm,usually when i got nothing at stakes like a lil' wager i usually root for the away team just to counter the home support, so i ll tip Harthorn , will get back to you on the game monday morning , sunday is a non cyber day'her indoor' vigorously frowns at that.

'.'
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
that's hardly a reason to give up, every person talking to us is one less succesfully scamming. Our best approach is to spread what we're doing as widely as possible so eventually there are at least 10 baiters out there for every real victim.

totally agree.

Quote:
I try to live Glass Half Full. Done the depression thing - its no fun.

yup, for sure, completely cool, i think you're definitely taking the right frame of mind into this. We should all be aiming at there being no victims.

I just don't want you to be disappointed Smile

Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up for JT, my understanding of the english language is quite limited, sometimes.

My pleasure. Don't worry, even native english speakers often confuse things for insults, especially online. Tone and intent are very hard to decipher in writing.

and btw, you tipping the hawkas couldn't make me happier mate! C'arn the HAWKS!
XPS1710
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Red:

I am one of the ones that understands - the dissapointment would never happen in my life time. We win one battle at a time - the war -if it ever ends, will never end in our hands.

Oh - and I looking forward to seeing the rabbitohs continue their turn around against the storm. Very Happy
onyenekwu
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For Red,

This is where all the actions occurs. Its loud, fun, and full of blokettes in revealing outfits serving me hennesy with soda on the rocks, population 99% aussie minus the girls.

http://www.theofficebkk.com/eventguide.php

when her indoors calls in the middle of the session, u shout over the noise "Im at the Office', lol ,scares the crap out of her

scammers and sleaze balls never have this much fun.

Last edited by onyenekwu on Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Sweet! Next time I'm in Bangkok (probably in a few months) I'll be sure to head there!
Jervis Tetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hello onyenekwu^

By all means no racism intended by me, never my style here or in my lad replies [and REAL LIFE] and the mods would have been on my neck faster than effluvia- through-a-goose had it seemed that way. Wink

YOU SAID: people from burkina faso dont know what scam is all about, few ghananians do,...

You being a W. Africa native now located in S.E. Asia---you do indeed have much to reveal not only on the cultural gap but also about scammers too. But MY question is---HOW do you justify your above quoted statement?

I thank you for any useful scammer wisdom insight you impart.

Last edited by Jervis Tetch on Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic