SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Should we tell the lads that we've baited them at the end?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

<br>My two penneth for what it's worth.

I never burn lads.

They either get tired of me or I get tired of them. Either way, they are there to be re-baited.

Whilst burning may give you an initial rush of euphoria, you need to look at the long game. Leave them wondering what went wrong and hopefully a sound slap from their oga.

Lads don't understand the concept of baiting, and we should leave it that way. Otherwise we will all have to find an alternative distraction.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
putersteve
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DementedAngel wrote:
If you simply drop him, it leaves him wondering where he messed up, but not really with any clue as to being baited. As a side benefit, if you dont tell him, you can often pick him back up months later when you get bored.

Yeah I agree. I'm pretty new here, but from what I've seen on these boards, if they simply think they didn't do all they could to secure the victim's loyalty and money, they may try EXTRA hard next time to appease the "victim" (aka us) and we could get some reeeeal nice trophies out of it!
Saint Arnold
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought long and hard about telling my first baitee that he had been baited. I decided against it for exactly the reasons that have been posted here. This has come up a number of times that I've seen, and I believe that there are a few members who've posted good reasons for occasionally letting the cat out of the bag. I have never done that, and I can't think of a reason why I ever would - I much prefer the other approaches that have been discussed here to help maximize lad frustration. Plus - you frequently find that (just like the way we re-bait from new accounts) the lad you've abandoned will attempt to re-scam you with a new format.

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21
Hellbastard
419Eater is my life

Location: Outside the Western Union office, with a sniper rifle.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think that burning a lad will necessarily make him a better scammer. I've done this several times to some particularly bad wannabes and they certainly didn't seem any less egregious when baited from another address, for what it's worth.

Provided that you don't give a blow by blow account of what's good and bad about their particular scam, they'll learn little. Most of them seem dimly aware of the existence of baiters in any case, so it's not exactly news to them. Rather, I'd suggest piling on the lies until the very end. Make up some rubbish cloak and dagger story about how you're working with the CIA, picked up e-mails through van Eck phreaking and how there's going to be a big bust from the local cops shortly. Lads can be suggestible and paranoid, so you might scare the crap out of him for a bit.

That said, I don't think I'd give an obviously half-skilled lad, or any vlad at all for that matter, the satisfaction of knowing they'd been baited.

"I could not understand a word scatologist. You could explain me it. I think that it is connected with public health services?" - Elena (4), Russia
"Why are they always called Elena?" - HB, UK
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just wrote this http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=115804 and you can see that their greed doesn't allow them to stop, no matter what happens.
Unless you tell them. Rolling Eyes
Ten months of straight bait going around for the third time, I'm happy, it's still my first lad Laughing
Or does that mean that I'm a born crook Embarassed

CU, I got a message to write to my pal Twisted Evil

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Krona wrote:
This has come up a number of times that I've seen, and I believe that there are a few members who've posted good reasons for occasionally letting the cat out of the bag.

I would be quite curious to find out that those occasions might be? Someone mentioned earlier perhaps at the end of a big group bait it might be a good idea to burn the scammer?

Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^Oh . . . I must admit a giggle and pleasure looking at some of the early "cash baits" where there are pictures of the "baiter" and others Photoshop'd [Tm--Ed.] in and all of that.

It is the same "pleasure" I am about to give to a MFY Yankee fan in a few minutes when I ask him, "how did your game go? You over .500 yet? No?"

But as most have posted, that ends it there. I think once people can see how elaborate these baits can get, so much more pain may be met out.

I and a few took the "pleasure" of checking out the site--did not know what it was--Embarassed--and just imaging them hunting a few times through 100s of questions--that take over their browser--wasting "cafe" time. Wonderful. Any "Newbies" who have not done that, take the five minutes then imagine multiplying it by 100+!

Love to tell them why they wasted the time, but is it not better to slap them for their laziness and have them scream at "," then wonder if they "woulda" got the money if only they had done it right?

That makes me as happy as the MFYs losing.

As it should make ALL True Americans!!

--J.D.

Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Y'know what? This thread has influenced my baiting attitude.

With all of the above posts taken into consideration, I'm now less willing to burn my lads after the bait has run its course. While I'm not trying to save the world here, I have to agree with the logic shown on this thread.

I can't promise to NEVER tip the gag, but I'll keep my "mugu scoreboard" to myself as often as possible.
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I did on my first few baits, I thought that was the whole point of baiting, but now I know better.

When a bait is coming to an end I normally just let it die. If I have a particularly good lad I revive the bait by telling him, that I saw an item on the news about 419 scams, and accuse him of being one.

One lad that I pulled back this way got all pompous and said he was �honest person� and I must be one of those internet jokers. He said that he was too smart to be taken in by one anyway, we argued about who was the most honest for a couple of weeks then he gave up. I was itching to tell him he was not as clever as he thought, but managed to keep stoom. Very hard though it was.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Why would I want to "end a bait"?

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
The_Boobs
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you tell a lad he'd been baited he might start to get wise. That cannot be allowed to happen.

Please do not not contact me any more i don't need people like you. ~Ge0rge
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A wise lad, isn't that an oxymoron?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic