SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

First successful bait!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Scooter Jim
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You guys have seen them right? The emails to you about this great high paying Job where they need someone in the USA to do some type of errand or a courier type work?

Its been on 20/20, 60 minutes, Oprah, and every other show about how these guys rip folks off by sending them bogus Money orders, then the 'courier' cashes them, keeps 10% and sends the cash to Nijeria <sp>(misspelled because of the profanity filter) or someplace like that. You get the cash, then a week later see how they took the money from your bank or credit card because the Money Orders were bogus. The cash has already supposed to have been sent by you, and you got your 10% and a federal charge for counterfitting.

Well I couldnt resist! "Baiting" a scammer for my first time, knowing full well that you I was not going to do anything but waste their time and money. I reply to this guy, send some bogus info, and he overnights ($50 out of his pocket) me a pack of fake although well done Money Orders.

DIG THESE! I got a fresh set of $500 money orders, $5000 total. I framed them as my keepsake, and am working on 2 other scammers RIGHT NOW!!!!

These babies have the correct watermark, and even have the right silver bar printed down the note. A good fake that would pass in most check cashing places easy.

So I take this photo of a bunch of cash, and send it to him saying I was successful in cashing the checks, but am going to keep the money.
He's pissed, threatens the FBI and I tell him to send them, I'm waiting for them, and next time to send better checks.

My first fun bait!

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I hope the scammers don't know your home/work address.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Its a big building, lots of security and a front desk... If they show up, its all on video from the point they drive into the parking lot.

I say COME ON!!

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

FYI ~ You might want to clearly mark the fake money orders in your possession as "fake," so no one accuses you of keeping them to use, etc. at some point in the future. Smile

** Retired **

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm glad you had fun, and I agree those are some lovely trophies.

A word to the wise though, best to use a drop box in future. If they know your real work address it isn't adviseable to continue.
Just my opinion, but I'd never do check scam baiting without one. Good security or not, there will always be one mugu crazy enough to get his friends in your country to pay a visit.
I'm not sure your employer will see the funny side when some bat wielding rude boys turn up asking for you.

I'm just starting my check career after a long wait for the right drop service. Thanks to Llamedos I'm in business! Wink

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mugatu's advice is sound, Scooter Jim.

These are criminals that we're messing with, some of whom have kidnapped, tortured and murdered their victims. Giving out real information and baiting from your workplace isn't something we think is particularly safe or wise.

Regardless of how Rambo-like your security happens to be at work, there isn't anything they could do if a pissed off lad decided to follow you home and take a bat to you there, is there?

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic