SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Personal request -

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Eliza_Doolittle
"Warned for lad hugging"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As some of you know, I'm writing my dissertation proposal. It would be extremely helpful if you guys could answer this question:

If you have children (or had children - or have a niece or nephew, etc) between the ages of 2 and 4, can you tell me what the child's favorite book is/was? What do you think the child liked about the book?

This won't be what my dissertation is on - but it can really help me formulate a response to a question I am anticipating from a professor this next week.

Thanks!!!!

vLad's ebay auction states "Wonderful seller! Thinks "out of the box" to get item to you."
<br>
starstar Ghana Easter Egg 2013

Vcamera <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrsRobinson419"> Click to see the videos Ed sent me.</a><br>
<A href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/index.html"> Eliza's lad quotes, photos, and audio files</a>
Mortar x12
*this sig icon has been censored* <br><a href="http://members.419eater.com/~eliza_doolittle/809104_ML.pdf" > click here</a> for a Bank Account Transfer Form.
Golden Pith
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Three Little Pigs.

Reason - They enjoyed the adventure sense, i.e house gets built,blown down, moves on... Also, I think the suspense of 'huff,puff' building up to the moment of destruction made it gripping and tense.

I think...

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
Pachanga
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ Agreed. 100%

Closed lad accounts

Click here to support 419Eater.com
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

the hungry caterpillar is one but will post later when
my little ones get back

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
llamedos
Been There, Done That

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My son is now 12 - his favourite book at 4 y.o. was Thomas the Tank Engine.
There were 10 stories and I'd read one a night for him - I was so glad when he started reading them for himself; there's only so much excitement I can place into "James Crashes into a Field" on its 50th reading..
We used to go and watch the trains rumble through my local station with him waving at the drivers - sometimes they'd toot the engines air whistle which really made his day Very Happy
I also had a large HO/OO gauge layout in the one bedroom and he's sit for hours and watch me ...ummmm... test yes, that's the word.. test the trains out. Wink

Barrister Addo Williams: I want you to know that I am not impressed with your performance towards this project.
Mattins Wilson: ...and they stated morken me and tarfing at me as if am a full, so please it is enough OK. /AND/ I promise you for all this furffring that you are furffring to me <--- No, I haven't a clue either
Peter Ovdo: I want you to have trust in me that all is ok as stated in my last mail to you which i wrote in big letters

Ethel Gnassingbe: FOUK YOU AND GO TO HELL

"I am a bomb technician. If you see me running, try to keep up"
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, basically anything with repetition in it. Kids love predicting what will happen next and getting it right is always a blast. Rhyme works very well too. Dunno if titles of children books would help here - they would be in Dutch Laughing

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You are such lucky people, my grandkids (7), by marriage, don't read at all! They hang in front of the television, watching cartoons or play play-station games on it. As the new guy, after 11 years and I don't think it will change, I'm not supposed to bother about the (grand) kid�s education, punish them or even use the dreaded word "no" Rolling Eyes
Once they�re in my house I do it anyway, had a few run ins, but now they really make me feel their gramps and I can�t go anywhere without them on the farm. Smile

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When my daughter was that age, her fav was a book with H-U-G-E pictures of Mary Poppins. Another one with pictures of Snow White was also her fav.

She liked the large pictures, brightly coloured and (I think) she sort of read off the story from the pictures

There is one way to find out if a man is honest; ask him! If he says yes, you know he's crooked.

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thomas The Tank Engine here for both my children. And HERE'S an interesting article about why autistic children love the stories so much.

Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My nephew is 5, and he has always loved Thomas the Tank Engine. He likes The Cat in The Hat & other Dr Seuss, too. I am in the doghouse on the reading front, though, because I bought him some Horrid Henry, and apparently, he's too young for some of the themes but cannot be prised away from them. Bad aunt. Sad

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have to say Thomas the train also. Both loved it at that age and they said that they wanted to be a train conductor when they grew up. We purchased lots of Thomas toys. They are 3 yrs. apart and that was one of the things that they had in common (maybe the only.) Confused

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Eliza: I have so much info, I'm sure I won't get it all here for you: I own a preschool center and have been teaching preschool for 14 years. I also have two kids (although one is a baby).

Favorite books from my own son, and children I've known over the years:

The Giving Tree, by Maurice Sendak reason: story comes full circle?
Where the Wild Things are: Maurice Sendak: reason: fun to pretend!
Dr. Seuss: LOTS of them: Yertle the Turtle is loved because the underdog BURPS to de-throne the evil king. So much sillyness and rhyming.
Go Away Big Green Monster and Bye Bye Big Bad Bully Bug: The pages all have cutouts so the monster/bug appear and disappear slowly.

In general the reasons I see for young children loving certain books is:
predictability/repetition. You can get a child to love a book by reading it a few times.
rhyming/sing song reading voice
silliness: Doctor Seuss, Robert Munsch and Maurice Sendak do a GREAT job at being silly in a way that children LOVE.
Favorite subject matter: Thomas is popular because kids love trains. The same goes for a kid who's really into dinosaurs, princesses, etc. If they love the subject matter, a book about it will enthrall them.

PM me if you want more info. I don't want to completely open the flood gates. Laughing

PS> What's you dissertation on? Sounds like something I'd love!

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

the story of chicken licken and the sky falling in

jolly tall

pumpkin soup

snore

muncha muncha muncha

elmer

all the above books had big colourfull pictures and the stories were simple and had some humour.
with jolly tall, the children related to the animal characters to their toy animals.

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Velvetine Rabbit. I think it was because of the happy ending (though the middle has some sadness when all of the toys are burned for health reasons). They just recently found the book and reiterated that they liked it best. They also wore out at least one audio cassette of the story too.

Ditto that kids listen/watch over and over because they like the predictability.

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
The Terminator
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mother Goose Rymes .... Laughing

Been around forever, kids like them

I want to assure you that this transaction is legal, I have contacted my attorney and also
my boss Mr Mikhail Khodorkovsky who has recently been imprisoned .... Mr. Igor Ivanov

x4 - Number of lads presenting me forged police documents

I want a rose .... Sad
Don't be sad, here's a rose for you-lotta .... Pretty Rose
Thank You Lotta - I Shall Cherish It Forever .... Smile
Bobo419
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My 3 year old son likes Bob the Builder and Hopla (about a rabbit and his friends - created by a Belgian guy and hence popular in Belgium, but I read a while ago that he's sold the concept abroad, so soon you'll be inundated with Hopla merchandising...)

crime doesn't pay... but the hours are good !

Early to bed, early to rise
Makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise
- and a milkman -
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was a child (some debate whether 'was' is appropriate)... I liked "Moo Baa La La La" and "Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy".
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My nephew and niece liked the Mr Men books at that age. My niece is now reading them to her little boy.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

But Not The Hippopotamus by Sandra Boynton, can recite it off by heart even now. We went through 2 copies and had to buy one for a 21st present ( Boynton also did moo baa lalala and going to bed book 2 other well liked books)

Peepo by Janet and Allan Alberg

The very hungry caterpillar

Princess Smartypants by Babette Cole

Mog the forgetful cat by Judith Kerr and others in the series

Katie Morag stories by Mairi Hedderwick

I forgot Venus Peter saves the whale, by Christopher Rush, they really liked it as the illustrations are of the village their gran stayed in at the time
Fer-de-Lance
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Billy Goats Gruff (made my boys laugh!)

Teeny-Tiny and the Witch Woman (scared the sh** out of my neices!)
BadKarma
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My older kid - now 3 yrs old - likes almost all kinds of books that have pictures in them. Go figure.

The favourites are Richard Scarry's books as they have lots of different little things in them which are easy to spot for a child at that age.

Safari George Annan (Accra - Benin City)
Safari Dan (Accra - Lagos)

"HIS A BIG FRAUD. THE MESSAGE HE SENT TO ME IS A NIGERIA EANGLISH , I TRUST YOU SO MUCH AND I CAN GIVE YOU MY COMPANY PASSWORD TO CHECK THE MAIL HE SENT TO US."
"Just a thought. Maybe, you can get a well paid Mod job here." -Toomuchfun

Postwhores - gotta love 'em.
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh the TEMPTATION to respond with:

A Child's Mein Kampf
    "Let's Explore Under the Sink!"--A Child's First Cookbook
    Exploring Electricity
    The Protocols of the Youth of Zion
    Malleus Maleficarum Activity Book
    "Let's Play Doctor!"
    Mommy Drinks because You Cry
    Charles Manson Speaks to Children
    The Karma Sutra for Chil
    [Right! Stop that!--Ed.]
    Hamster Huey and the Gooey Kablooey*

since it may depend on the country, for the U.S. old Theodore Giesel--"Dr. Seuss"--will always be a favorite.

Some of the others . . . Richard Scarry, The Hungry Caterpillar . . . all making me nostalgic!

Do tell us what this has to do with your proposal when you can.

--J.D.

*For all that need that one explained, you fail at life.

Reprob8
DIGITALIS MAXIMUS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"If you give a mouse a cookie" - she liked the sequence of events.

starstarstarstar
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My 6 year old daughter loves "Alice the Fairy". It's a great book for little girls. One of my favorites to read to her.

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
Goldry Bluszco
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"The Enormous Turnip" - both my daughters (1 & 3), love it. God knows why, I've never seen a turnip that big.

pony
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic