SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Can lads do sarcasm?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ceegood
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I ask as the lad I have just now seems to be very clever and makes good use of irony or he's an idiot ! However, I am not sure if it is sarcasm or whether he is being genuine (to the extent that a lad can be anyway).

The most recent example of this perceived sarcasm is the following email:

Quote:
i can see that you're serious about this transaction.

thanks and good bye

this came after ten emails asking him to define specifically what he meant by address and ordering him to find the root of the word and translate it into 10 different languages. So, can a lad really do sarcasm?

Waste infinite amounts of your lads' time - - Opens a loop of pop up boxes that is very difficult to get out of. It is not advised you open, just send the link to your lads. However, CTRL + ALT + DEL will get you out if you do click. Also, if you're lucky enough to use Firefox you can get out by entering 419 in the first input box that comes up! ... ably highlighted with the text "ERROR 419".

" Look i am not a criminal and what I do, I do not find against good conscience, this may be hard for you to understand, but the dynamics of my industry dictates that I make this move." - Mr Ch3n Ji4ng after asking for $5000 from my ill character
luckey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I get a lot of sarcastic replies. I always take them literally and respond with a sincere thank you. I've actually saved a few that way.

Ivor Grimey Colon
"Trophy slut"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

While they may or may not be able to do sarcasm, they can definitely forget to type "not" or "'t", as i have seen frequently. This may have happened here Razz

"If your bait does not cause an ethics thread, you are not baiting hard enough." - YeaWhatever

Pimp My Number | A Donation a Day keeps Nurse Nasty at bay
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I occasionally get a bit of sarcasm. The one that made me smile most was the following.

I'd been airing my suspicions for a while that I thought he was working with a colleague of mine to steal some charity funds, and when I refused to send a scan of some document he was wanting:

Quote:
It is such a pity now you need a postal address to send the tracer. What is the news this time, the scanner is stolen or what and I am the suspect?

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
ceegood
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ivor Grimey Colon wrote:
While they may or may not be able to do sarcasm, they can definitely forget to type "not" or "'t", as i have seen frequently. This may have happened here Razz

Are you suggesting that I set out to wind this lad up? Shocked Razz

Waste infinite amounts of your lads' time - - Opens a loop of pop up boxes that is very difficult to get out of. It is not advised you open, just send the link to your lads. However, CTRL + ALT + DEL will get you out if you do click. Also, if you're lucky enough to use Firefox you can get out by entering 419 in the first input box that comes up! ... ably highlighted with the text "ERROR 419".

" Look i am not a criminal and what I do, I do not find against good conscience, this may be hard for you to understand, but the dynamics of my industry dictates that I make this move." - Mr Ch3n Ji4ng after asking for $5000 from my ill character
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The lad's i've encountered LOVE sarcasm:

Quote:
I refer you to the subject of my last mail " PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR NEXT STORY" I know that you are a story teller. Any more story? I will be glad to hear it.

The subject line was: And the Story Continues...

That's fantastic mugu humour!
Saint Arnold
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Most lads just whine about problems with the MTCN - I do love the ones with a sense of humor. They generally stop laughing after a round of dollar chopping for some reason.

Back to the original question - yes, some of them have a very well developed sarcastic wit. Those are gold, keep them and cherish them and nurture them.

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21
419h8r
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh man them nigerians are all about sarcasm!

It is written in the scripture that " thou shall not suffer a witch to
live"
-Cpt Br1@n to Fr W1ll1@m C00per, expressing frustration that a fellow lad had chopped his dollar.
Jervis Tetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ceegood--

When the Lads start getting sarcastic and it seems like they are ready to bail, in some instances you can keep the bait going by being apologetic and/or misunderstood. Just as they are. Like Bayer Aspirin, it works wonders fast on headache solutions.

What a FUCK, for doing this i will make sure by tomorrow i will be in Washington and send the FBI to pick you up where ever you are by all means just believe i must do this and use it as a prove that i am who i am. I give you just 1 hour to take my passport out from that page or eles when i get to Washington there will be no forgiveness just take my word. I will send all boxes and documents covering the boxes in your name to Washington and you will be asked so many question and if possible you will go to Jail with my power i PROMISE I MUST DO IT.
His Excellency Ambassador Dr. Kwame Bawuah-Edusei
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You will find quite often that these guys dont actually pronounce a "t" when speaking a word like can't, and so they type in the same way that the word sounds when they say it.

I have had lots of fun trying to get confirmation of whether my mugu can or can't do something.

It makes for a great deal of confusion and frustration which is very unfortunate... Twisted Evil

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
mr. mugu
Lazy Bum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What Ivor said. He just didn't put a "not" in there. You still can possibly hook him by replying to the email and saying it doesn't make any sense.

"I don�t know if you intention is to run away with my sweat." - George Dunant
"stop writting me piece of sh*t mother f**ker. you want a story, I will give you a story about your scam master George" - Newsm*ker
"QUICKLY DO THE GIRL MARY WANT TO DIE IN OUR NECK" - Ecowas bank
pony
Chipmunk
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Chipmunk has not gotten the sarcasm yet, but has gotten a few "good byes."

At least for Chipmunk, bye or good bye means they are done with you and won't write back.

"If you fail to provide the Documents to us, we will charge you with the FBI and take our proper action against you for not proofing to us the legitimate of the fund you are about to receive."

"i will be ready to joj your church with one condition that i will never told to put any lattoo on body as most of churches uses that as a symbol or whatever."
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As with all lad responses: ignore what they say and do what you want. At worst the lad ignores you; at best the bait continues. Between the worst and best case scenarios you might get some more sarcasm. Wink

But I tend to agree with Ivor and others -- your lad forgot the "not".

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
luckey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here are a couple of my favorites. I didn't save this one, but I haven't given up yet:

a mugu wrote:
Oh! Tim I feel for you and I can understand that drugs can do better things now. I will make inquiry and see if some drugs can be airlifted straight to your doorstep by courier okay.

That was after I had sent him on a bit of a package chase.

the same mugu later wrote:
Sorry about it. I have put my SNAKES up for sale so that I can raise more money for your dopes. I am even thinking of buying incense so that you can inhale it and get inspirations.

I was only trying to get some Vicodin for Reprob8 and he got all cynical on me. I don't think he realized what a good cause that was. Wink

Ari
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Chipmunk wrote:
At least for Chipmunk, bye or good bye means they are done with you and won't write back.
Nah, it means you should write the lad back and ask him if he's sure he wants to cancel the deal? After all, you were, of course, about to send the payment to him. Or, tell him it's ok, you recieved a better offer from a wonderful man named Charles Saludo. Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic