SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Doctor Who

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just watched the first episode of the new series here in Oz, twas really good Very Happy can't wait for the next episodes on Saturday.

What do fellow Aussies think?

I'm sure the British members have already seen it, opinions about it? I think the first series was really good with Billy Piper.

Plus I've seen the classic Doctor Who episodes that just felt like it went on forever..

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
Miss Behaving
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Do you mean the first Billie/Tennant show? It's a slightly so-so season, but there are some terrific episodes. If you can, watch 'The Impossible Planet' and 'The Satan Pit' in the dark with the lights out. School Reunion is a fabulous nod to the old series. The opening to Rise of The (spoiler!) Cybermen (end spoiler) is (unintentionally) hilarious, though the epi follows up with some chilling moments.

<fangirl>
I always preferred Eccleston though. He had the depth and gravitas to make you believe he was 900 years old. His character was deeply affected by the Time War and his guilt, and it showed though in how he approached wrongdoers and his hardline, merciless streak. His pure joy at the end of The Doctor Dances was incredibly affecting - 'Everybody lives, Rose! Just once, everybody LIVES!'. Tennant seems to put on a 'I am SERIOUS' face occasionally, then spends much of the time running about like a four year old on a sugar high. I guess I don't see any accumulated wisdom in his approach to events, which lessens his impact. For me.
</fangirl>

Of course us UK fans are desperate for the big finale of series three this Saturday. jump_4_joy I won't spoil it, and even if I have a feeling it will be a small anti-climax, there's still the superlative Blink and Human Nature/Family of Blood to remember. And Derek Jacobi in Utopia.

B.L.Z. Bubb
Dudley Dooright

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Miss Behaving wrote:
...there's still the superlative Blink...

Oh my God that episode was AWESOME! It really freaked me out though, cos I had a nightmare that was very similar about 5 years ago that scared me so badly I couldn't move when I woke up, and still remember it vividly to this day.

"Please note for your information i am not boner,my name is bona Williams." - Reminded me of Shiver's "Ahoy Matey" quote...

"Maybe we should all just have an orgy and not worry about who belongs to whom." - from 419eater chat. This is what you're missing if you're not in it.

Kids, don't PostWhore for your Orange Name or you'll end up like me. Do the right thing. Donate.

Deaded Banks: Malaysia x2
pony Mortar x24
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

David Tennant is being compared to Tom Baker for his portrayal of the Doctor, and quite rightly so. Christopher Eccleston played the Doctor well, but his attitude toward it sucked. David Tennant was a Doctor Who fan growing up, and the joy at being able to play him shows through on the screen and when he does interviews. This series has been the most uneven storywise, but when you see the final episodes it all slots together perfectly and makes sense. Let's just hope we're not let down with the last episode.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Miss Behaving wrote:
I won't spoil it, and even if I have a feeling it will be a small anti-climax, there's still the superlative Blink and Human Nature/Family of Blood to remember. And Derek Jacobi in Utopia.

According to wikipedia there's also hint of that episode where the old guy became young and turned into a spider wotsit thing, which stands to reason because Mr Saxon was mentioned in it a couple of times.
I didn't read details, didn't want to risk spoiling it.
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Of course us UK fans are desperate for the big finale of series three this Saturday. jump_4_joy I won't spoil it, and even if I have a feeling it will be a small anti-climax, there's still the superlative Blink and Human Nature/Family of Blood to remember. And Derek Jacobi in Utopia.

Dam slow Australian TV we just got the first of series two the one about the bride (Catherine tate) God I hate her...well she was alright on Doctor Who but the Catherine Tate show is so stupid

I like David Tennent, he runs around high like a crazy man, I always like it when some silly alien race wants to kill earth but find out they are dealing with a "time lord" you can just see it on their face "O Sh*t", even the daleks are scared of him. Very Happy

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

Easter Egg

Last edited by Reaper on Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Crap I missed it,

I don't watch much telly, but now I have a reason to kick the kids of the play station and educate them in some real stuff Smile

Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good news for some, BBC have annunced iTV, where about 400 hours of programs per week will be available for downloading, bad news is that they take as long as the show is to download.
So a 30 minutes prog will take 30 mins to download.
Later we'll see streaming of progs. So Aussies and the like will get to see them quicker

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
Miss Behaving
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
...when some silly alien race wants to kill earth but find out they are dealing with a "time lord" you can just see it on their face "O Sh*t", even the daleks are scared of him. Very Happy

I always love that moment too - when they realise it's the fabled 'Doctor'. I like it when we find out that the Doctor is a mythical nemesis/hero to many different cultures all over space and time. But he likes us lot best Very Happy

I have a soft spot for Troughton's doctor. Damn the BBC for wiping so many of his episodes! Evil or Very Mad

@slowfreddie - it's good news but it won't work on Macs for a few months.

Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He's almost like James Bond in regards to Bond girls, he has one, loses her picks up another and so on Very Happy .. I think he has a deeper connection though and they last longer than most bond girls

Easter Egg
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You folks in Oz are a season behind us in the US, and we're a season behind the UK, I think?

I really like Tennant's Doctor over Eccleston's. Eccleston was hit and miss, and I think that he did a better job on Heroes.

For those of you who don't mind watching it on your PC, you can catch up on all the seasons you haven't seen here:
http://www.tv-links.co.uk/show.do/1/26

and for the classic episodes:
http://www.tv-links.co.uk/show.do/1/2394

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah then I'm mistaken Australia is up to Season 3 Ep 0 "The Runaway Bride"
thanks for the link TS
Now I remember where I saw Saxon from "Life on Mars ANOTHER new British series starting in Oz

Anyone remember "The Master" from the classic Doctor Who's?

Easter Egg
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We've got the season final here in the UK on Saturday which looks excellent. I'd actually go as far to say that Tennants portrayal of Dr Who is my favorite yet (although I do have a soft spot for Sylvester McCoy).

For any Buffy fans out there, it's been confirmed that James Masters (Spike) is going to be in the next series of Torchwood.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tom Baker was the all time best for me, and any episode with Nicola Bryant's bouncing cleavage in it , of course.

Wiki link

I love the modern ones though, and Torchwood, though Capt. Jack's tendancy to get jiggy with the male hired help took some getting used to.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey

Last edited by Roycropper on Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Nelsonsbattle
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

HEY MODS, LOCK THE POST!!!!!!

Us kiwis have only had the last Christopher Eccleston / Billie Piper series. Don't spoil it for us.

"tell you die, fuck you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ooooooo" Samull the scammer on being burned
Safari (Samull's trip from Cotonou, Benin, to Lagos, Nigeria, to meet the lovely Steffy)
Mortar x3
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

we won't we're not that cheap.. Laughing

Easter Egg
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Billie was a much better sidekick then Freema Agyeman but neither can touch Ace, best sidekick ever.

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
The_Boobs
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Blink scared the sh*t out of me.

Embarassed

Please do not not contact me any more i don't need people like you. ~Ge0rge
DementedAngel
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I loved Blink! Was a very edge of your seat & make you jumpy episode. Cant wait for saturday's finale episode. I do hope they keep David Tennent on for some time, rather than have the Doctor change again at the end of the finale. As for Freeman Agyeman, I really like her. Billie Piper was quite good, but I dunno there's something about the Freeman Agyeman and David Tennent match-up that I really like.

The spinoff Torchwood is pretty good too, but needs some minor work (imho). I think once they find their ground, it'll work out to be quite the show. After all, most new shows have a few bumps in the road in the beginning.

shuntbuzz
Illeterate pinhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:
Tom Baker was the all time best for me, and any episode with Nicola Bryant's bouncing cleavage in it , of course.

Peri was cute but Nyssa had class

Image Cool

Mortar x7
johnny5
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I prefer Billie / Rose, Freema shrieks too much and has too much "what do I do now???" about her.

Blink still scares me and it's been a month hasn't it? I work until about 4am and live on a very quiet road so it sometimes gets very creepy. It was an excellent episode and I'd love to watch it again but I'm too cowardly.

Series finale tonight. Looks fantastic.
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Zoe all the way in my books Wink

And I'm counting the hours down to tonight's episode Very Happy

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tonights should be excellent, I hope Tennant definitely stays on for the next series.

I'm still sticking with Ace

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

From Wiki's article about Tennant:
Quote:

.... and the Sun has reported that he has also signed for the fourth (2008) series, "in a �1 million deal", although the same paper has also reported that he will leave halfway through the fourth series.[4] The BBC has denied this[5] while the Daily Mirror has reported (citing unidentified sources) that Tennant has signed to appear for the complete fourth series.[6]

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for that TS, interesting to see who they replace Tennant with when he goes. I always thought Richard E Grant would be good.

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic