SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scams through Yahoo Messenger?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
booga looga
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Everyone,

I'm currious to know if anyone has had a lad initiate a scam via Yahoo! Messenger?

I got an add request on my Y!M that I only use for business. No one but co-workers and clients have my Y!M ID. It also has no Yahoo Email attached to it. When I googled the lad's Y!M screen name, it came back with all sorts of Bank of West Africa money laundry scams.

I wouldn't think a lad would do this since email is their thing.
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, many scams exist in yahoo chats.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lads will use any means at their disposal; some are still using snail mail, some rely heavily on the phone, many stalk YIM chat rooms, and some even (and despicably) use the deaf relay service. Evil or Very Mad

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
DementedAngel
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

they even send 'em via fax.

office i used to work at got a couple of those.

FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And just yesterday I received a chat invitation to Google Chat Exclamation from a gentleman who even has given a personal address to me ( Shocked first time I�ve seen this) - which I believe is not his own since I suspect he is from India and this is a Western African address...
at any rate our "chat" just consisted of me "Preparing his forms for him" and him just typing "ty"

EDIT: Header of his original email says USA

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
scammerbringiton
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes at present I have a person claiming to be male I have him on msn and yahoo he even gave me a phone numbe which he actulaly answers!! at present I do not wish to delete him as I am having way too much fun turning his scam around did he really think I was dumb enough to fall for his dying fathers heart transplant story .I am waiting for the old man to drop down dead he has been hanging on since forevvverrrrrrr.the best thing thoug is imagining the faces he must be pulling at my apparent dumbness in being able to get him the info on the money I sent (ordidnt !!)
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, I�ve learned quickly...this personal address thing in their catcher email isn�t new at all. But it never struck me before. And I asked my guy who needs a business "loan" why he had given me his address when I believe he would have to move anyway. He reconfirmed it.

Probably this chatting thing is for the same purpose: The mugu wants to see whether his /her victim is real or not - same reason why they always dig for your phone number. At least in "my" case this might be true because I haven�t heard from him ever since that chat...perhaps I was not "enthusiastic" enough Confused

Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Much fun can be had 'live baiting' lads in the yahoo chatrooms. It's a great mental exercise, you obviously need to be sharper than with email baiting. The 'small business' channels seem to be quite good.

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
Netherlands Nigeria Ghana South Africa
Sand Timer'Ed', 3 yrs 8 mnths Sand Timer'Oguguo',6 years and 4 months
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Aw...I need to learn more about this...the forums tell me surprisingly little about this modality ...cannot be as epic as letter baits I think...so less dramaturgy in it? Less possibilities? More "one-nite-stands"?
At any rate is worth a try for me since I personally am much much more an "everyday-a-long-bait-reader" than an "everyday-long-mail-writer"
Idea on to "small business" tonight Very Happy Thank you, PsycheDelia_Smith!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic