SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

*Newbie* - Need help on possible scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
OptimusPrime
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello everyone, I'd just recently come across this website doing a random web-crawl.
I'd like to start off by saying I browsed through most of bait stories and have been amazed on what you people do here, I have never thought it possible to scam a scammer like this.
Anyway, I am posting this because recently my mother started receiving Emails upon Emails announcing that she has 'won' certain lotteries from all over the world.
She said the Emails are from the UK, US and other European countries, and to my amazement she even researched the so-called organizations that have informed her of her 'winnings'. She looked up the people's names on Google and some of them actually exist and are at the position that they state they are on the Emails she received, unfortunately she has yet to forward any of those Emails to my own Email address so that I could look at them and get a better idea of what they ACTUALLY are, I assume she will forward them to me soon.
To conclude, I wanted to ask the members of 410eater.com if any of you had come across these sort of scams or knows of similar ones, and of course help and guide me through the process of baiting them.
Thanks, OptimusPrime of the Autobots.

P.S
I am currently using GuerrillaMail.com as my Email address to avoid my real Email being spammed for various reasons, I will give out my real Email address if anyone wants it.

Edit - Removed offensive line. Smile

Last edited by OptimusPrime on Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater Very Happy

Lotto scams are extremely common. Don't reply using any of your real details.

Signup for a mentor http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16765

Read the stickies, take the p**s out of the mods and have fun Very Happy

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds like your mom's email has made several scammers' bombing lists. Remember, you cannot win a lotto that you didn't buy a ticket for. As for the people being who they claim to be, real people's names are often used by scammers in case a vic does a quick google search. Mariam Abacha is a real person, but she isn't spamming people all over the net looking for someone to hide her dead husband's millions. Wink

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
OptimusPrime
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the fast replies.
And, yeah, I figured that they use real names to convey a person of their 'good intentions'.
I called my mother and told her to forward me one of the recent mails she received and had to tell her to change the subject (Gmail filters work MAGIC on spam) so that they won't get deleted on arrival.
I'll update as-soon-as-possible with the contents of the mail.
One thing I do know for sure is that they did not ask for any payment, neither any real details on her, all they wanted is for her to replay back that she accepts the prize, maybe further down the line they will get more aggressive, so to speak.
Saint Arnold
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
One thing I do know for sure is that they did not ask for any payment, neither any real details on her,

Yet. They didn't do that.... yet. They will. As you know, it's all a lie. These guys can be pretty convincing, so be sure she knows that it's all a scam.

Welcome aboard! I'll bet I know what movie you are going to next week!

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OptimusPrime wrote:
I will give out my real Email address if anyone wants it.

Don't do that, it will only lead to trouble.

For both your benefit and your mothers, no lottery company will inform you of a win by email and furthermore, as stated above, you will never win a lottery in which you didn't participate.

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
OptimusPrime
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Breddan Butter wrote:
Don't do that, it will only lead to trouble.

Oh, I know that, I never intended to give the sender my real Email address, I was talking about these forums. Rolling Eyes
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So was I talking about these Forums.
The Main Scambaiting Forum is open for the whole world to view.
Posting your email address here is an open invitation for scammers, spammers, phishers, cranks, lunatics and other undesirables to contact you.

We have a perfectly good and secure PM system which I suggest that you use instead.

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
OptimusPrime
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Heh, well unfortunately I have my REAL Email address (which I am currently also using regularly) for quite some time, a few good years to be exact, at which time I had no idea of the overwhelming spam on the internet, so I'm afraid it is already on some spam/scam lists, luckily, Gmail offers very powerful filtering tools for such things, they are deleted upon arrival without me even being notified. But your point is taken.
Jervis Tetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello Optimus^

Welcome aboard.

For the record, I am in my 50s. Still the longhaired rebel/cynic/scam-sniffer. Age has absolutely nothing to do with it in the big picture.

What a FUCK, for doing this i will make sure by tomorrow i will be in Washington and send the FBI to pick you up where ever you are by all means just believe i must do this and use it as a prove that i am who i am. I give you just 1 hour to take my passport out from that page or eles when i get to Washington there will be no forgiveness just take my word. I will send all boxes and documents covering the boxes in your name to Washington and you will be asked so many question and if possible you will go to Jail with my power i PROMISE I MUST DO IT.
His Excellency Ambassador Dr. Kwame Bawuah-Edusei
OptimusPrime
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I have received an Email to claim my 'prize' after I've sent an Email with the following content to the 'EuroMillion Spanish Lottery':

Code:
Hello sir/madam
I have received an Email from you, I am very interested in proceeding, mind sending me more info?
Thanks.

Edward Torvalds, CEO
S'hlift Industries Inc.
42 Ove Rther Street,
London,
United Kingdom

This is the replay I got today:

Code:
Attn:Edward Torvalds
We appreciate your effort in trying to lay claim of your rightful winning funds ,where we own you the responsibility to process your winning and ensure that your fund is transferred to the account of your choice without further delay.Furthermore,we are please to send you the verification form which should be filled and send back to your claim agent for the processing of your winning fund.
1. FULL NAMES: _______________________________
2. ADDRESS: __________________________________
3. SEX: _______________
4. AGE: ________
5. MARITAL STATUS: ___________________
6. OCCUPATION: _______________________
7. E-MAIL ADDRESS: ___________________
8. TELEPHONE NUMBER: ________________
9. SERIAL NUMBER: _______________
10.WINNING NUMBER: ___________________
11.REF NUMBER:___________________
12. BATCH NUMBER: ______________
13.AMOUNT WON: ______________________
14.CATEGORY:________________________
15.IDENTIFICATION NUMBER EITHER INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT OR DRIVING LICENCE /
NATIONAL ID CARD.
16. COUNTRY___________________________
Yours
Mr,Juan Lucas
Tel 0034 686 756 126

Seeing as this is my first bait, I really need some help and guidance, I'd appreciate it if anyone could walk me through some of the first steps in replying to this.
Thanks in Advance.
Saint Arnold
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Make it up. I'm sure you've seen by now that we do not give any sort of fake ID as the lad can recycle it for use on other victims. Tell him it's attached, but don't attach anything. Then give him a few sentences about how excited you are to have won. For the winning number stuff, don't bother copying it over, just leave it blank. He isn't going to read much of it anyway. And he sure isn't going to Google whatever address you provide to make sure it's real. Create a goofy address that you can verify no one lives at and send it off.

When I need a UK address, I use something like "69 Phlimish Street 2B, Puddington, Surrey-on-the-Sty, Bag End, Worchestermanshire, UK". I'm pretty sure that's not real.

In general, lottery lads aren't the most exciting bunch in the world to bait. You can have fun running them around with money transfer modalities, though. That's been my approach with lottery baits - work to build trust until money transfer time.

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21
DementedAngel
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
scam a scammer like this.

just for clarifications sake (and for anyone that wanders by) we dont scam the scammers, cause that would imply getting them to send us money, etc. We merely scambait, which consists of waste their time and keep them occupied enough that they dont have as much time to go after real victims, collecting (when possible) bank account numbers they use for laundernig their monies and pass them on to people that can take care of getting them closed, work on getting the fake bank websites taken down, etc. And, try to have a bit of fun in the process Wink

That being said, welcome to the Eater and hope you can keep your mum from replying to the scum.

Last edited by DementedAngel on Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
OptimusPrime
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Krona, I'll post the reply here before I send it so that you can tell me if I'm doing anything wrong.

Full Name: Edward S. Torvalds.
Sex: Male.
Martial Status: Widow.
Address: 1337 Ottobots street, Fishench Ips, United Kingdom.
Occupation: S'hlift Industries Inc. CEO and Beverage supervisor.
Email Address: *
Telephone Number: *Attached*
Serial Number: 149372948/BSR
Winning Number: 454223413-32
REF. Number: 454
Batch Number: SD/532
Amount Won : 1,500,000
Category: LottoMil.
Identification Number: *Attached*

I would also like to say how excited I am to win, I have had some substantial money income lately, and this prize would be a great "Icing on the cake".
Faith seems to smile at me lately, and I have even thought of donating large sums of money to charity organizations.
I'm glad you have Emailed me with these great news. Looking forward to a reply.

P.S
I have attached a document with my ID and Phone number to this Email.

Edward Torvalds, CEO
S'hlift Industries Inc.
42 Ove Rther Street,
London,
United Kingdom

Last edited by OptimusPrime on Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
DementedAngel
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

edit out your email address from the post, that way the scammers cant google it.

and i hope that's your fake name and that you arent truly sending a photo id (even a fake one that a victim might believe to be real) and that it's not your real phone number that youre thinking of sending.

OptimusPrime
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DementedAngel wrote:
...we dont scam the scammers, cause that would imply getting them to send us money, etc. We merely scambait...

Sorry for that, that's why I added the *Newbie* tag up there, thanks for the heads up, though.
OptimusPrime
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DementedAngel wrote:
edit out your email address from the post, that way the scammers cant google it.

and i hope that's your fake name and that you arent truly sending a photo id (even a fake one that a victim might believe to be real) and that it's not your real phone number that youre thinking of sending.

No no no... Everything is fake, and ofcourse like Krona said, I am merely saying it to be attached, there is not attachment at all.
DementedAngel
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ ah, okay Smile

as for the other thing (scam the scammer) - no worries Wink plus was more for someone that wanders by, since you seem to realize that we're not after monies. Just didnt want a new person to see it and think "oh, so that's what they do" and get the wrong impression.

looks like youre doing just fine so far. You may know, but just to be sure, try to not send a working number, that way no innocents get caught up in middle of it. If you do send a working number, it should be something youre in control of but not in your name or any real person or traceable to you or any real person (k7 number with fake registration info, prepaid cell that doesnt have your info attached, etc)

On an aside, prepaid cells are fun cause with right devices can record the convo with the lad Wink

Like I said, looks good to me so far. Main thing is string them along and give out the info in tidbits. Oh, I forgot to attach the file? I'm so sorry, I'm new at sending files. Maybe I did something wrong? How do you attach files? Then when pressed send a dll renamed to .jpg, etc etc.

I've had lotto scammers give up on getting id from me and finally move me on the to the next guy up the chain, and then i keep emailing the first one, which annoys 'em *laf*

Last edited by DementedAngel on Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
CerealMom
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
my mother (a 55 years old woman, Shocked so you can understand her lack of internet knowledge, no offense to any of the older members)

Hrumph! This 56 year old "mother" just opened her first bait acct. and is getting ready to bait her first lad after following these threads.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

~CerealMom,

Like I said, I meant no offense to anyone, I'll delete that line as it seems to bother some.
Sorry yet again.
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I wanted to ask the members of 410eater.com

Welcome here.

You want to change that 0 to a 9? Wink

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Jervis Tetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello again optimus^

As Demented pointed out above, there are alternatives to using your real phone # should you lean that way.

Here across in The Colonies the obvious way to side-step a phone call traceable to you is to buy a phone-card. They go as low as $5 for 20 minutes anywhere in the world, maybe even North Korea. Will check on that myself. Lads from W. Africa [!] have told me they used to be spies there...

But there's really no reason to call your lad on YOUR dime. I've never done it yet, tho' I've given them a sh*tload of bogus #s that cost THEM money...Notes on how to deal with phone calls are here on 419eater if you look. I can add extra useful info if a PM sent to me, glad to do it.

The Lads explain away phone problems with crap excuses just as easily as we can do. Just a question of 'Can You Top MY Bullsh*t"?

cheerz Jervis T

What a FUCK, for doing this i will make sure by tomorrow i will be in Washington and send the FBI to pick you up where ever you are by all means just believe i must do this and use it as a prove that i am who i am. I give you just 1 hour to take my passport out from that page or eles when i get to Washington there will be no forgiveness just take my word. I will send all boxes and documents covering the boxes in your name to Washington and you will be asked so many question and if possible you will go to Jail with my power i PROMISE I MUST DO IT.
His Excellency Ambassador Dr. Kwame Bawuah-Edusei
luckey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OptimusPrime
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmmm, I've received another mail from Mr. Juan Lucas regarding my Lottery win, this time he attached a 'Processing Form' for me to fill out and re-send it to him to claim my 'prize'.

(Click to enlarge)

It seems he was not bothered about my Email lacking the 'attachment' of my ID and Phone number.
I was thinking of printing the form and filling it out with completely fake details and in unreadable hand-writing, would you say it is a good idea?
Further more, should I replay immediately or wait a couple of days?
Thanks once more.
justjay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OptimusPrime wrote:
... should I replay immediately or wait a couple of days? ...

Both Twisted Evil Reply but forget to include 'Processing Form' attachment

Mugu Resellerpyramid Closed lad accountsAustraliaUnited StatesUnited KingdomNetherlandsSwitzerlandGhanaBelgiumChinaNigeriaSpain
Ivory CoastCanadaBurkina FasoSenegalHong KongSouth AfricaEuropean UnionBahamas, TheBeninMalaysiaGermanyItalyTogo|¿?|
Over 1000 - no longer counting since sometime in 2008 + #unknown# assists
WDPRs >150 Netcraft>115
----
pony pony pony - just because...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic