SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

The Trousers Trial -- Judgment is now in...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am reading the 23 page judgement, on the first page it says part of the money he was seeking was for attorney fees. He was representing himself, but wanted what he would charge himself for representing himself? So did he right himself a bill?

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
rindaris
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have to agree, I doubt the Chungs will ever see a dime from this guy.

If he doesn't loss his job over this then our judicious (spelling?) system is even more screwed up then I thought.

While I do have to agree that consumers need to have the right to take action against businesses that try and screw them over, I don't see how this case was supposed to stand up for that... this guy just went so overboard it wasn't even funny.

I hold with those that favor Fire.
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I read the opinion yesterday, and it is clear that the presiding Judge thought the plaintiff/Judge was out there. I expect that the presiding Judge will enter attorney fee sanctions pursuant to Rule 11 against the plaintiff. Now will the defendants ever see a penny of that? Who knows.... but I would suspect that this will result in the plaintiff losing his job as an Administrative Law Judge and possibly losing his license to practice law as well. While that is good it does make it difficult for the defendants to collect their fees back from the plaintiff.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ From everything I read it sounds like he hasn't even paid his ex-wife's attorney, which he was ordered to do so. So I am guessing he will be ordered to pay it but will claim bankruptcy or something and not pay it.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
FireWyrm
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Surely the 'judge' can be counter sued by the state as a 'vexacious litigant'? I believe the penalty can be punitive just like 'contempt of court'.

"SCHOOLS FOR THE DEAF/DUMPS" - Frank
"I will not live long since my ailment has defiled all forms of medical treatment" - Victoria
PLEASE IGNORE ANY FURTHER MESSAGE FROM CHARLES OR WHATEVER FOR GOODNESS SAKE.!!! - FRANK AGAIN
so how do you want me to beat trust in you now??? (I think I've annoyed him - Frank again)

Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cookie_Wookie:

It is the defendant that will ask for sanctions against the plaintiff. Under most states (and federal) Rule 11 of Civil Procedure if you file papers and continue litigation when you know it is all a bunch of crap you can be held accountable for attorney fees for the other side. The interesting thing is that if this guy had hired counsel and done the same thing his hired counsel could have been held personally liable. In my state it does not even matter if you are not an attorney. If you represent yourself you will be held to that standard.

So this plaintiff is in the sling. The penalty should be even worse for him since he is a lawyer. He almost certainly will lose his job over this and should lose his law license over this as well.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Mortar x8
FireWyrm
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ The Man - Wookie is just fine Smile

Dont quote me on this but I'm pretty sure that here, they just cut out the middle man and bring you up before the beak as a 'vexacious litigant'. Frankly, I think this is one case when the plaintiff should counter sue him for every penny he has including his pants. Though getting him disbarred wouldnt be a bad outcome. This just smacks of someone throwing their weight around with some poor soul lower down the social scale then themselves.

"I will not live long since my ailment has defiled all forms of medical treatment" - Victoria
PLEASE IGNORE ANY FURTHER MESSAGE FROM CHARLES OR WHATEVER FOR GOODNESS SAKE.!!! - FRANK AGAIN
so how do you want me to beat trust in you now??? (I think I've annoyed him - Frank again)

The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ChocolateChip_Wookie wrote:

But Cookie_Wookie sound so much more warm and fuzzy Razz

Yes, I wish there was a way to put this guy in the dock and seek more sanctions. I am not a bankruptcy expert, but I would hope that if they got a fee sanction against this guy that he could not discharge it in bankruptcy and they could chase him for the rest of his life until he paid. I'd love to make his life miserable by doing that.

This guy is exactly what gives lawyers a bad name. Frankly it is the fact that there is no big news article that the DC Bar has started disbarment proceedings that gives us an even worse name.

Atleast with Nifong (Duke Rape Case) the bar started disbarment proceedings fairly quickly.

Mortar x8
FireWyrm
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Man wrote:
ChocolateChip_Wookie wrote:

But Cookie_Wookie sound so much more warm and fuzzy Razz

Hmm...I like that. Warm and fuzzy.

I shall respectfully plead the 5th on this one. I am out of my depth, that's why people like me have to hire these...ummm....people. I do like the term though. It has a nice ring. Vexacious....vexacious....

EDIT : "Something vexes thee...yes, he does, off with his head.." Things were so much more civilised then.

JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Only certain debts/claims are not dischargeable in bankruptcy, and I don't think Rule 11 sanctions are one of them. They are typically things like child support, taxes, fraud and other bad acts -- restitution for crimes being one of them. Still, I don't think this would work.

Under the new Chapter 7 bankruptcy laws however, I don't know that he would even qualify as a Debtor....

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can the state bring proceedings for contempt of court against a vexatious litigant? For a punitive outcome? Here, the High Court can make an order that someone is a vexatious litigant, but it just means that they cannot start civil proceedings without permission.

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
FireWyrm
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh hold on Eight. I remember reading about this bloke who kept bringing court cases against companies for imagined slights, essentially, any time they turned him down for a job. On his 50th case or something, the judge finally lost it, threw the case out, branded him a 'vaxacious litigant', awarded the considerable costs against him and sent him down for 30 days for contempt of court. He can never bring a case to court again (you are right on that).

JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They don't do that in the U.S. that I'm aware. In some instances you can move the court (as I have done) to exercise control over a party's pleadings (i.e. prior review), but in terms of a general branding, I've not heard of that.

Most states have "wrongful use of civil proceedings" or "abuse of process" type private actions which allows the winning defendant(s) to then start a new suit against the former plaintiff alleging lack of probable cause and being possessed of bad faith. Your damages in such a case would be the fees you paid to defend, plus any damage to reputation or business, and punitive damages, if appropriate.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
FireWyrm
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

JMRazor wrote:
but in terms of a general branding, I've not heard of that.

He wasnt actually branded although I gather the judge would have liked to. Who knows though, with nearly 1000 years of judgements on the books I'm sure you can find a suitable precident somewhere. If you can charge university students for not turning up at an exam wearing a sword you can probably find something to work with in there.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic