SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

RIP: Chris Benoit

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm going to wait until all the facts are known about this before making any kind of judgement. No matter what the circumstances are, the whole thing is a tragedy that'll haunt professional wrestling for a long time to come.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, the truth is out, not that their could have been any other explanation for the deaths:

Quote:
Chris Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging himself in his weight room, a law enforcement official close to the investigation told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Edited: After more facts come in.

This is very sad to hear. I feel for the wife and child. There is no justification for abuse. Sad

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4

Last edited by TheGreatOok on Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can't imagine anyone killing their own family. It has got to be waaaay more than stress to make someone do that. And to think they did a show last night to honor his life! Granted they (WWE) didn't know, but still!

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Steroids can cause that kind of rage Sad

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Stargate
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I feel horrible for his wife and child. Sad

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can very remotely understand wanting to kill a spouse, but smothering your own child? It's unthinkable. How the hell could anyone do such a thing?

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A person would have to be temporarily insane. Sad

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Anti-419
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can't believe what happened. Shocked

I remember watching his matches with his trademark German Suplexes followed by his flying headbutt. Sad I'm speechless to hear.

Hopefully, the investigators will shed some light to what drove him to kill his wife and son. That's just sad indeed.

James Bruce: "Thanks for your mail and also your insult to my personality and company."

Baiting Record:
Trophies - 128 | 4 AM Airport Taxi - 6
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Safari - Sierra Leone to Nigeria - "...please help me ,you brought me here to NIgeria.take me out."
Mortar x14
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think it's totally tragic, the kind of mental state he must have been in to drive him to such an act.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lotta wrote:
Steroids can cause that kind of rage Sad

Very true. And so can speed. (meth)

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
In an accompanying petition, the newspaper said Nancy Benoit had sought protection from domestic abuse, claiming she was intimidated by threats of violence from her husband.

Having suffered for 7 years from domestic violence, I hate to tell you that the only heartfelt sympathy I have at this moment is for his wife and son.

It make's no difference how 'great' your public persona, it's when you're behind closed doors. That's who you truly are. And yes, I'll accept slaps from wrestling fans.

Pretty Rose

pony
HomerJFong
Courtesiless son of a doggy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No slaps from this wrestling fan. Any fans that are still defending him are still in deep denial.

"I was at the Abuja Embassy Today, the Security guards say that the is no Mr. Bryan Adams working with them at either the lagos or abuja embassy. and did not let me in." - Efosa Erhabor - (Accra to Abuja)
"We stayed there for two days hopping to get any of you" - Pastor Collins
"i will report to webmaster,abuse and the police hold and see, .....go to hell and rust in there bastard........bitch" - Steve Wright
"This office will like to inform you that your winnings have been forfieted due to acts unbecoming of a humanbeing." - The Alpha Lottery
"A MAD MAN WILL PREGNANT YOUR JUNIOR SISTER AND THE BABY WILL BE A MAD BASTARD LIKE YOU." - Mahadul Usman
"I AM NOT A FOLL LET ME BE BECAUSE YOU ARE JUST AN ANIMAL TO DEAL WITH" - Tunji Adams
Mortar x5
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerSkype Name
B.L.Z. Bubb
Dudley Dooright

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just woke up to this update this morning. Sad
Last thing I saw before heading home last night was the pulling of all Chris Benoit merchandise and all references to him removed from the WWE website, so figured something big was happening - I didn't want to believe the murder-suicide explanation, but now have no choice to accept it.
I don't see how any fans could defend his actions. I shall be pulling down my picture of him & Eddie, as Homer, you were quite right, they aren't together in the great wrestling ring in the sky.
On a selfish note, its so sad (for me) to see one of my personal heroes fall so hard and far. Crying or Very sad
RIP Nancy & Daniel.

"Please note for your information i am not boner,my name is bona Williams." - Reminded me of Shiver's "Ahoy Matey" quote...

"Maybe we should all just have an orgy and not worry about who belongs to whom." - from 419eater chat. This is what you're missing if you're not in it.

Kids, don't PostWhore for your Orange Name or you'll end up like me. Do the right thing. Donate.

Deaded Banks: Malaysia x2
pony Mortar x24
HomerJFong
Courtesiless son of a doggy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

An article posted elsewhere about family annihilators. With what wrestling fans know, and from what has come out in the media, how this reads as a checklist about Chiris.

Quote:
"'The profile of a family annihilator is a middle-aged man, a good provider who would appear to neighbours to be a dedicated husband and a devoted father,' Levin said. 'He quite often tends to be quite isolated. He is often profoundly dedicated to his family, but has few friends of his own or a support system out with the family. He will have suffered some prolonged frustration and feelings of inadequacy, but then suffers some catastrophic loss. It is usually financial or the loss of a relationship. He doesn't hate his children, but he often hates his wife and blames her for his miserable life. He feels an overwhelming sense of his own powerlessness. He wants to execute revenge and the motive is almost always to "get even".'

'These are executions. They are never spontaneous. They are well planned and selective. They are not carried out in the heat of the moment or in a fit of rage. They are very methodical and it is often planned out for a long time. There are certain people the killer blames for his problems. If a friend came along, he wouldn't kill him or her. He kills his children to get even with his wife because he blames her and he hates her. The killer feels he has lost control. Annihilating his family is a way of regaining control. It is a methodical, selective murder by a rational, loving father. That's why it is so terrifying.'

Although these cases are more common than child murders by a stranger, they often do not receive the same media coverage. Part of the reason is that the perpetrator often takes his own life as well - meaning there is no court case"

"I was at the Abuja Embassy Today, the Security guards say that the is no Mr. Bryan Adams working with them at either the lagos or abuja embassy. and did not let me in." - Efosa Erhabor - (Accra to Abuja)
"We stayed there for two days hopping to get any of you" - Pastor Collins
"i will report to webmaster,abuse and the police hold and see, .....go to hell and rust in there bastard........bitch" - Steve Wright
"This office will like to inform you that your winnings have been forfieted due to acts unbecoming of a humanbeing." - The Alpha Lottery
"A MAD MAN WILL PREGNANT YOUR JUNIOR SISTER AND THE BABY WILL BE A MAD BASTARD LIKE YOU." - Mahadul Usman
"I AM NOT A FOLL LET ME BE BECAUSE YOU ARE JUST AN ANIMAL TO DEAL WITH" - Tunji Adams
Mortar x5
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerSkype Name
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

it wasn't me wrote:
Quote:
In an accompanying petition, the newspaper said Nancy Benoit had sought protection from domestic abuse, claiming she was intimidated by threats of violence from her husband.

Was she ever granted protection?

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
B.L.Z. Bubb
Dudley Dooright

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Weasel, I doubt it, if they were still living together... Sad

"Please note for your information i am not boner,my name is bona Williams." - Reminded me of Shiver's "Ahoy Matey" quote...

"Maybe we should all just have an orgy and not worry about who belongs to whom." - from 419eater chat. This is what you're missing if you're not in it.

Kids, don't PostWhore for your Orange Name or you'll end up like me. Do the right thing. Donate.

Deaded Banks: Malaysia x2
pony Mortar x24
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The restraining order they are talking about was in 2003 when she filed for divorce from him, the divorce and restraining order were later dropped by her at that time.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Since 1985, Benoit will be the 38th pro wrestler to die at age 40 or younger. This is a phenomenally high death rate for supposedly "elite" athletes (and don't get me wrong, in most ways they are elite, it's just that the toll their bodies take is way beyond the norm). And yes, not all their deaths can be tied to wrestling and its side-effects, but most can.

http://prowrestling.about.com/od/whatsrealwhatsfake/a/wrestlersdeaths.htm

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I avoided the Benoit news yesterday evening and this morning partly not wanting to get caught up in the rumor mill but partly not wanting to face the sad truth and still hoping it was all misunderstanding but as stated there is no getting away from it.

I'm not going to pass judgement on what happened. Just RIP Nancy & David.

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig
Bobo419
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Shouldn't this thread be renamed RIH: Chris Benoit (as in...Rot In Hell).
I do not personally know the man, but, considering his tendency towards violence (restraining order, wife calling cops...), and the fact that he killed his wife, his child, and then himself hours, if not days, apart, gives me the distinct impression that he wasn't a very nice person (understatement of the year). That you kill someone in a fit of rage (deplorable as it is), I can understand... but a fit of rage doesn't last a few days, does it?
I can understand that, as a fan of the guy, you might find it hard to comprehend what has happened, but please : the fact that he entertained a large audience doesn't mean his actions are less evil...
We tend to excuse the "famous" for their crimes, antics, or immoral (I'm no prude... Wink) behaviour : I guess (and I'm no sociologist/psychiatrist) that because these people seem larger than life, and they invade our daily life (I'm no fan of Hilton/Pitt/Jolie/Lohan etc, but you just cannot open a newspaper and they're in it...), we tend to excuse them for their failings, similar to what we do when judging to people we do really know. Where I live, only last week a father, mother and daughter had their throats cut by (alledgedly) the 19 year old son.
Now I don't know if he's guilty or not (innocent until proven guilty..) but even though he's been remanded, and his alaibi doesn't stick, he's changed his story zillion times, alibi doesn't stick etc... his family (what's left of it) stand by him because "they just don't believe he could've done it"... Even more telling is the accused's uncle who said : "I don't think he did it, but if he did, I'll stand by him"...
The point I'm trying to make is that I doubt the uncle would would be as forgiving if an unknown had commited these acts.
And whilst I can understand that you support your family or good friends, even if they did something wrong... I can't for the life of me understand why this kind of sympathy is extended to people we don't even know, just because they're "famous" (see Ms Hilton, who strides out of jail on a catwalk, O.J. Simpson, etc..)
So, good riddance to bad rubbish, the world can only be a better place without him.
Instead of focusing on the 'best wrestler' tag, think about what he did exactly.
I hope his wife and child rest in peace... as far as he's concerned.. wouldn't * on his grave

crime doesn't pay... but the hours are good !

Early to bed, early to rise
Makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise
- and a milkman -
The_Boobs
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's dreadful for all 3 of them. Certainly for his wife and son but also for how he got into such a bad state that made him capable of it.

Sad

Please do not not contact me any more i don't need people like you. ~Ge0rge
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic