SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Is this the latest paypal Phishing scam?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BlueTiger
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Seeing how I don't have PayPal associated with the real email account this was sent do, I know it's a spoof of sorts. (Plus, I haven't used my paypal acct in over 4-5 years) I only use the email this was sent to for receipts to be emailed to me when paying via CC with legit companies online. Already called the bank and no financial data was compromised. I suspect a h4ck3r must have grabbed my name & email from a customer database somewhere? I did forward a copy of this to "[email protected]" already since this arrived in my inbox.

Something I have question about -- are the attached links keyloggers? Anyone using linux or anything that could check and kill my curiosity?

Quote:

Delivered-To: *******gmail.com
Received: by 10.65.211.10 with SMTP id n10cs777957qbq;
Fri, 22 Jun 2007 00:34:46 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.35.109.2 with SMTP id l2mr4190431pym.1182497686525;
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from BP01.arbemail.com (bp01.arbemail.com [66.179.251.198])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id p77si387871pyb.2007.06.22.00.34.46;
Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: 66.179.251.198 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of [email protected])
Received: from BP01 ([10.12.14.162]) by BP01.arbemail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.1830);
Fri, 22 Jun 2007 02:34:45 -0500
thread-index: Ace0n85Ora74pDiwQwa50Xa5GmkojQ==
Thread-Topic: PayPal - Phone Handling Opinion Needed
To: <*********@gmail.com>
Cc:
Bcc:
Subject: PayPal - Phone Handling Opinion Needed
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 02:34:45 -0500
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Microsoft CDO for Exchange 2000
Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
Importance: normal
Priority: normal
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.2826
Return-Path: [email protected]
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 22 Jun 2007 07:34:46.0004 (UTC) FILETIME=[CE76CB40:01C7B49F]

Dear **** (Real first and Last name used) ****,

On 06/20/2007, I spoke to you regarding your PayPal account. As part of PayPal's commitment to excellence, I want to make sure I met your needs in my response. Would you please take a minute to answer a few questions to let me know how I did?

http://surveys.echosurvey.com/paypal/survey.taf?survey_id=645&user_id=0E88B684-59CC-43D4-BA43-727BB2007291

To respond to our survey, please click on the web address above. If that does not work, please cut and paste the entire web address into the address field of our browser.

NOTE: Please respond within five days so that you can provide timely feedback to me. AFTER 5 DAYS, THIS INVITATION WILL EXPIRE.

If you wish to take the survey anonymously, click the link below:

http://surveys.echosurvey.com/paypal/survey.taf?survey_id=645&user_id=0E88B684-59CC-43D4-BA43-727BB2007291&anon=yes

Thank you for your help!

PayPal Customer Support

** An important note from the survey vendor **

In order to process your survey, we must collect personal information from you that are protected by worldwide data protection laws. UCN and its international group of partners are committed to compliance with all laws. We have taken the necessary steps to ensure that we meet the obligations required by country-specific legislation and the EU Directive on Personal Data Privacy. By clicking on the link above you are providing your Authorisation, allowing us to collect, process, access, and/or transport your data to a worldwide website located in Santa Maria USA. This website will be accessible to selected UCN employees worldwide and our client PayPal.

All individuals with access rights have been educated on data privacy laws and the use of personal data, and have signed Confidential Non-Disclosure Statements holding them accountable for compliance.

Your data will be used for the purpose of personalising our content delivery and services to meet your individual needs based on the information provided on our surveys. Our customised approach of providing focused information based on the personal data you provide, will be embraced by UCN and our client PayPal.

UCN will not supply your data to any third party without your explicit Authorisation.

A copy of our Privacy Principles is available for your review. For further information regarding our detailed Global Data Protection Policy, please
click here: http://surveys.echosurvey.com/ebay/bmp_survey_priv.pdf .

For further information on PayPal's Privacy Policy, click here:
http://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/policy_privacy-outside

If you want to be excluded from future surveys and survey correspondence, please click below:
http://surveys.echosurvey.com/paypal/opt_out.taf?id=0E88B684-59CC-43D4-BA43-727BB2007291&client=paypal

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I went through the survey and it didn't phish anything. It doesn't appear to be spoofed. They seem to be a real company. Why you got it with no paypal account, I have no idea. Probably they are using every account they can find, maybe they get paid per survey. Unfortunately, they probably coded the link to you so it will appear that you filled it out. Sorry. Smile A lesson in there somewhere. Maybe curiosity killed the email receiver.

Yes, linux so I'm not worried about spyware.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
Jack B. S.
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I checked over the site pretty well and I agree it looks legit.

I have had an active PayPal account for many years and I've not seen this.

Has anyone contacted PayPal directly about this one? I will and post here.

Oh, and the pages the links point to are completely harmless (no keyloggers or any other bad guys).
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Humm. Exactly what I said.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
Jack B. S.
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, my bad I guess.

I'm running Windows and I figured others might want to know that there is no threat to Windows users either.

You're welcome.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic