SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

What is my Lad up to?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
DoctorPhil
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been baiting a Lad whose been trying to sell me a "500 kilgorm" Diamond for $89,000. I told the Lad I thought his asking price was a little expensive and asked if he would be willing to cut the diamond in half. He happily agreed and and gave me the new great price of only $120. I asked the Lad what forms of payment he accepted and to my surprise it was only checks.

Quote:
send the cheuqe to this contact address in belguim,as soon as you send the cheuqe,send me the name of the post mail you use and the tracking number,and a scan copy of the cheuqe.
and send me your shipping address
send cheuqe to.
receivers name:Van Mele Bernadette
address :
2630 Aartselaar Belgium .
oudestraat 99c

Do you think my Lad is going to make copies of my checks and try using them by changing the check number? Is this just a test to see if he has a serious maga? Maybe he wants me to send payment to one of his magas in Belgium and have him cash it?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just a thought, but it could be that he's got a vic in Belgium that is part of a check scam he is running. I've had that happen before. The lad gets 90% of the money, and it reinforces to the check vic that the deal is legitimate.

Yes pets are allowed as far as you will occupy the apartment alone, you can release the Kraken.

i will kill you even if it take me to go to jail i will do that because i hate you with all my life....
assisin killer to Feathers McGraw
PLEASE I BEG YOU TO LET ME KNOW THAT PIGGIES OF YOURS PLEASE... assisin killer to Feathers again
Vcamera x5 Safari Team Humphere
Long Live Silver Peak Orphanage! - Loan Lad Langwenya Andile
DoctorPhil
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I thought it might be something like that but asking for such a small amount seemed strange for a lad.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If youre interested, the adress in belgium is the adress of an Auction house for vegetables and flowers. Nothing to do with diamonds though.

So I don't think this is a vic

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fake check printers need real account information to print fake checks. They frequently get this through phishing, but this may be an attempt to steal your account info - routing number and account number- to start printing checks against. It's a pretty roundabout way to do that, though.

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Would it be possible to reroute a cheque from a cheque mule scam and send it to him.

i.e. someone who is running a cheque scam bait could tell them their name is "xxxx xxxxx" and to send it to "xxxxx xxxxxxx" like this guy asked.

Or would this be transgressing some ethical/legal boundary i'm not aware of?

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Golden Pith 1k3: West African Tour
Safari Ben: Lagos (Nigeria) - Accra (Ghana)
Mortar x10
Esqulax
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmmm. Bit dodgy that one.

You'll be giving your Lad something extra to work with.. same kinda reason you wouldnt send a Fake ID.
Never a good idea to educate Lads

Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

True, but the cheque has already been created by another lad. it's simply cycling cheques that already are dodgey.

This way, you keep in circulation the dodgey ones and don't give him an incentive to create new, less dodgey ones.

I think it is in the same vein as forwarding a crappy certificate that you modified off a lad. Yes, you've provided them with something but its crapper than anything they would make if they had time and initiative.

take wire transfer modality that crossfire made, i have used it and it worked a charm, but it could easily be recycled to be used on a victim. at the end of the day, anything we provide with can be, including photos of celebrities. we just have to play the odds and not provide them anything that is real.

its border line, i know, worth considering though i think.

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Mortar x10
Saint Arnold
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ I wouldn't do that. Ultimately, the account information on the check is almost certainly real, stolen or phished from a real business somewhere. If you reroute it to another phisher, then you have two lads creating fake checks off the same account, and you are really causing three times the headaches for the legitimate account owner. Sooner or later they'll close the account, but until that happens, they'll have to be spending a lot of time with the bank getting things cleared up - small business owners really don't want to spend their time that way. Don't make things any more difficult than they already are for the actual account owner.

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

Mortar x21
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ Rodger that!

Thanks Smile

Mortar x10
DoctorPhil
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Locutus of Borg, Thank you very much for the info but why does it make you think a victim isn't involved? Personally, if a address can be verified I would be more inclined to think a victim was invloved.

@ Krona, I'm thinking along the same lines as you. The Lad thinks he has a willing and wealthy maga who is a Doctor so why ask for so little? I thought he made a mistake with the price but I have written him and he has confirmed he only wants $120 for it.

@ Red, that would be something I would do but as Krona said it might cause more harm then good especially if the receiver was victim.

What if I send the lad a scan of a check that I make in photoshop. I will tell the lad the check was sent but of course if will never arrive. I could make the bank name, routing and account numbers so rediculous that a bank would recognize it as fake immediately?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, that could work.

Make sure the bank is very much fake.

Fleece & Plunder Plc etc

Send the scan, keep him on the ropes.

If that fails, do it again.

If it fails again, offer to send it via courier (i HIGHLY recommend Scam Patroller or Oxygen Deprived's courier services).

Endless fun for the whole family!

Mortar x10
justjay
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DoctorPhil wrote:
... make the bank name, routing and account numbers so rediculous that a bank would recognize it as fake immediately?

Depends on the predominant language used in the receiver's country. Obvious plays on words in one language (or culture) may translate into different meaning/phrase or even become meaningless.

Mugu Resellerpyramid Closed lad accountsAustraliaUnited StatesUnited KingdomNetherlandsSwitzerlandGhanaBelgiumChinaNigeriaSpain
Ivory CoastCanadaBurkina FasoSenegalHong KongSouth AfricaEuropean UnionBahamas, TheBeninMalaysiaGermanyItalyTogo|¿?|
Over 1000 - no longer counting since sometime in 2008 + #unknown# assists
WDPRs >150 Netcraft>115
----
pony pony pony - just because...
Saint Arnold
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know enough about the banking system to be sure that something like that would work. In the US, if you used 12 digits for the routing number (should be 9 digits) the bank would probably call foul, but I don't know what other systems are like. It's an interesting idea. This isn't the same as sending a fake passport that would be recycled in other scams - you're talking about creating a forgery that would be obvious to the bank but not to the lad or victim.

Oh, wait, there's the problem - you're talking about creating a forgery. The Secret Service (I think) would be interested in that, and if you mail it, you'd be committing mail fraud. Best to use the same sort of modalities you use for Western Union - forgot to attach the image, send a renamed DLL, that sort of thing. Don't forge a check.

Mortar x21
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic