SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Mugu Bucks

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Rael: one thing to keep in mind: you have no control over what happens to the check after you send it. It's possible that the lad would know it was a fake, but try to use it on a real victim.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What exactly is the bank doing when it takes its sweet time in 'clearing' a cheque Question

I must admit I was a bit surprised when I first heard about some pastor in the States having the cheques come home to roost after the bank had cleared them. Seems an implied agreement that the money is legit if you ask me. Obviously it isn't.. so what are they 'clearing'?

Purple Flower
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Check this out peeps - my girlfriend just got a check from Canada

Quote:
LOL It wasn't stolen; it was made out in her name; a bank draft! Laughing

Something tells me that he isn't worried because he has someone to take the fall for his "party time" activities from a phony $65,000. Oh well, if someone is that willing to cash a phony check from a money laundering scheme that is made out in someone else's name, pehaps a few years with Bubba would do him some good.

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
Mind Freak
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rael wrote:
Granted (and LJ was obviously joking), but couldn't that be circumvented by providing the check's sender with the address of the other mugu? Somebody being tricked once (as the persona would be) would presumably be naive enough to be scammed multiple times at once, so it wouldn't be an extreme logic for them to take on one scam to make quick cash through checks to get the funds to get the inheritance from their unknown Nigerian ancestor.

Idea Interesting idea; Is anyone in the market for a high dollar check to pay off a mugu? Razz

Whether you are Moslem, Jewish, Christian, or any of thousands of other beliefs, or simply a Being without any religious standing, the Laws of Morality and the Scriptural Laws only applies when you are dealing with people that live by those laws! Wink http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32877

In the spirit of [oss] Col. Hogan's credo, "You'll assist fellow victims, cooperate with all friendly forces, and use every means to harass and injure the enemy's operations." [the cia didn't tell me to say that and hls didn't either; guess who did]
Mind Freak
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

~GordonBennett,

LOL If you only knew what a person has to go through to get the Authorities to do their job!!! Trust me, that check is for real and if we didn't intervene then another EVIL B* WOULD GET AWAY WITH GRAND THEFT OF $65,000!!!!!!!

Whether you are Moslem, Jewish, Christian, or any of thousands of other beliefs, or simply a Being without any religious standing, the Laws of Morality and the Scriptural Laws only applies when you are dealing with people that live by those laws! Wink http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32877

In the spirit of [oss] Col. Hogan's credo, "You'll assist fellow victims, cooperate with all friendly forces, and use every means to harass and injure the enemy's operations." [the cia didn't tell me to say that and hls didn't either; guess who did]
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Q: What are people called who deliberately waste other baiters time?

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mugus.... technically Laughing

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Golden Pith 1k3: West African Tour
Safari Ben: Lagos (Nigeria) - Accra (Ghana)
Mortar x10
drew.p.coque
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

<sniff> <sniff>......... "whats that smell?"

*THANKS FOR PLAYING WITH MY TIME, PLEASE KINDLY FORGET ABOUT THIS TRANSACTION
*you have to tell any one you are here . everything has to be confidential -kevina
Luther Blissett
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don wrote:

No idea, but apparently they don't exist and all refernces to them have been deleted from the FAQ... Wink

*Sits back, gets some ice tea and waits*

Banks: Ivory Coast Netherlands United Kingdom Ghana United Nations x1 Nigeria x2 Law Firms: South Africa United Kingdom Nigeria x1 Misc. Mugu Pooh: United Kingdom China x1 United Nations x2 HYIPs: pyramid x25 Phonelad Websites: Cellphone x6

Donate the Nurse, the Eater needs Pants... Err? * Scamwarners.com * Artists against 419 * Kill HYIPs & Ponzi Scams!
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
What are people called who deliberately waste other baiters time

well personally, idiots.
to all those who suggested sending the cheques to lads, even if it was a joke, the main reason is that we are simply then giving the lads another bit of kit to dupe innocent people with.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don wrote:

Apprentices? No, probably not as they are in the process of learning a new and useful skill.

Oh, well. It's been a long day and methinks it's time for a beer.

Lord Nelson
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Mind Freak - my old mate. You couldn't lend me a
few $$ could you? I'll come and visit you in prison in return. Smile

LN

"FUCK Y " click. - skype hangup call #250 to Ranti Smile

My late father was among the few blacks-Zimbabwe rich farmers murdered in cold blood by the KILLER SQUERDS

Michael you jumped in to my life and destroyed it.

fuck to you and you Bush sheet

LOOK THE INSULT FROM YOU IS GETTING OUT OF HAND
Mind Freak
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sure thing Nelson - gimme your fax number and you can make all the copies of this mugu check to your hearts content Razz

ratter
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@GB: I don't know how long it takes checks to be fully processed in other countries, but in the US there is a law that deposited funds must be available to the account holder within ?5? business days (not sure of the time but it's too short for processing in many cases). The unintended consequence is that the funds are released, then weeks later when the check bounces, the bank comes after the depositor for the money.

@MF: Why don't you post a scan here?

Anyone seen Fluffy?
Wurzgnubbel
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don wrote:

Trolls, maybe?
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mind Freak has assured me that the cheque is part of an �ber-secret undercover operation involving the "Canadian authorities", the "USPS" and "the Postal Inspecter" against a target that "actually monitors this site from Japan"; hence the secrecy.

I'm glad this has cleared up and Mind Freak (who has been baiting scammers for decades) succeeds in his quest to rid Canada of scammers. Any time-wasting was purely effect of the circumstances which didn't allow him to let us know the full scale of his elaborate scheme. Because "That would negate the whole purpose of being "UNDERCOVER" wouldn't it?"

SOFT LOCK! Very Happy

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
Rael
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Barry Kelly wrote:
@Rael: one thing to keep in mind: you have no control over what happens to the check after you send it. It's possible that the lad would know it was a fake, but try to use it on a real victim.

I'd assume a mugu's first impulse at receiving a check for a large amount wouldn't be thinking they could pass a large check in someone else's name to their other victims, but that they could cash it and make a quick buck.

The lads would presumably be trusting the baiting persona enough to believe the check was good, and so they'd have no reason to pass actual money onto the victim. The way I see it, the thought process would run like this:

1. The "victim" (aka, the baiter) has money. (Every legitimate victim does.)
2. The check, therefore, would be good--no legitimate victim (ie, non-baiter) would send a bad check to somebody they're hoping to rake millions off of in the near future.
3. It makes no sense for the lad to send real money to another real victim.

Besides, if nothing else, an African baiting persona stolen from a mugu could lead to an interesting mugu-versus-mugu showdown at the end of a safari.

I'd say the only really safe way to do this would be to stick to exceptionally dumb mugus, but I think the fears of this leading to more check baiting are pretty unfounded. If a lad's going to send fake checks, they're going to send them regardless of whether they were forwarded.
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They may try to cash the cheque or they may pass it on to a victim, it's not worth the risk.
Most lads aren't going to use cheques as they cost money to forge or need to be stolen. By passing on a cheque to a lad you are significantly increasing the chances of innocent people getting screwed over (they could use it for a template to make more).
Quote:
It makes no sense for the lad to send real money to another real victim

Yes it does, cheque mule scam, as the money isn't real and the lad may very well work this out.
There is no 'only use this with dumb lads' theory as it can be very hard to judge sometimes how dumb a lad actually is. Its simply a very bad idea.
Don't do it

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hell yes I was joking! The only thing I've ever sent a lad was an envelope with Canadian Tire money in it. When I get into the cheque scams, I just have them send the fakes straight to the RCMP and be done with it.

I have had no success baiting the cheque guys. As soon as they start with the cheques, they're boring as all hell. Same thing with date scams really - too much work.
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Seven of Nine wrote:
Apprentices? No, probably not as they are in the process of learning a new and useful skill.

Oh, well. It's been a long day and methinks it's time for a beer.

Ack but my wonderful mentor, you said i was doing good, did last night mean nothing to you, and why havent you called back..... Twisted Evil

mmmmm beer sounds good.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The first post was preposterous - as if no one noticed !

Money laundering itself is a crime irrespective of whether or not the actual instrument involved is forged. In fact its genuineness makes the money laundering actual, instead of intended with attempted fraud.

Try paying in $1,000 cash into your account and put money laundering on the paying in slip and watch your life turn into hell. As well as having your account closed and assets frozen, you'll be speaking to scarey people whose organisations are known by acronyms and place the burden of proof on you.

Don't ever mention money laundering and your account in a Bank - you'll regret it. Wink

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
ratter
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Gomer, I thought we weren't supposed to educate the lads like you've just done.... Laughing
luckey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Try paying in $1,000 cash into your account and put money laundering on the paying in slip and watch your life turn into hell.

Spoken from experience Gomer?

If you're looking for fun, why not tell airport security you have a bomb in your carry-on. Or better yet, put a towel on your head and try to drive a van past the White House while screaming "Allahu Akbar".

If you get in trouble, just tell the authorities you're a baiter and all will be forgiven.

SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GordonBennett wrote:
Seems an implied agreement that the money is legit if you ask me.

This is exactly why the scam works. Victims assume that once they see the money available in their account, it means that the cheque has "cleared". As ratter pointed out, this is incorrect.

The bank is required by law, depending on what country you are in, to make the funds available to the depositor in a timely manner. When the funds hit the account, the bank is giving you provisional access to the money. Provisional access is pretty much like a loan. The money is yours, provided that the cheque is good.

As I mentioned earlier, it can take up to 6 months for a cheque drawn on a foreign (to you) bank to bounce. When it does, your bank will reverse the credit they put into your account. If there isn't enough in the account to cover the cheque, the bank can and will come after you for the money.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Losst Jedi wrote:
I have had no success baiting the cheque guys. As soon as they start with the cheques, they're boring as all hell.

Not all the time. Click on the audio links in this thread (but please don't necro it). These were voicemails from some angry mugus who sent me a fake check, and then got upset when their dollar got "chopped".

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=105208

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic