SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

you know what (ghost) spotting

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Casey
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm pretty new to the game, but i've read enough genuine scam emails to get an idea for what is legit. I recently got this one that seems to be playing up the fact that it's fron Nigeria. Is this a classic example of a BADger, or am I being paranoid?

Removed reference to you know what. - -drwho

To:
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 13:59:25 -0400

This message is not encrypted, and is not digitally signed by . Invite [email protected] to join Hushmail!

Download Attachment(1).html (4,904 bytes)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FROM THE DESK OF SENATOR GEORGE AKOSA HONORABLE SENATOR FOREIGN PAYMENT SETTLEMENT BOARD HOUSE OF SENATE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA E-MAIL:[email protected]

Attn: Sir/Madam. Ref: Payment/notification/2007 RE: NOTIFICATION OF READINESS OF PAYMENT BY INTERNATIONAL ATM CARD. This is to inform you that your payment entitlement has been fully withdrawn from the Remittance Department of the Central Bank After several complains from Foreign beneficiaries through the Attorney General of the Federation, the High commission in the UK and also the United Nations Secretary General. This funds where yesterday returned to the Federal Ministry of Finance reserve account with the Central Bank of Nigeria. After a just concluded meeting amongst the Federal House of Senator, I Senator GEORGE AKOSA has been appointed to head this federal Board in regards to the settlement of your entitlement upon it return back to the Government purse with the central Bank of Nigeria. Because of so many International Banking rules unfavorable to 3rd world countries like Nigeria in regards to transfer of large amount of monies, the federal Republic of Nigeria via the federal Government has decided to settle all foreign payment by the issuance of an International Valid ATM CARD from a reliable Bank here in Nigeria. This would allow and enable all beneficiaries to access there ATM CARD from any ATM machine in any part of the world. As soon as the below information is secured from you, it would be passed to the appointed bank to issue an International ATM CARD in your favor and it would be sent to you via a courier company for delivery. The below information is required from you, 1, Your Full names2, Your full billing address3, Your direct phone number This information is to be made available immediately so that your ATM CARD can be issued under the provided name and also delivered to the provided address. You will be sent a copy of the international ATM CARD by email attachment as soon as it is issue and also before it is dispatched. Regards, SENATOR GEORGE AKOSAHONORABLE SENATOR FOREIGN PAYMENT SETTLEMENT BOARD HOUSE OF SENATE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA OFFICIAL EMAIL: [email protected]

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

BADgers are very rarely seen in the wilds of the internet and never send out formats like what you posted. That's just a standard 419 ASEM using the newish modality of an ATM card. Bait away, its 100% risky (and badger) free! Wink

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Badgers don't have opposable thumbs and lack the patience to type with their index claws.

All studies that have been done in this field indicate that 99.2% of badgers will give up after typing, "Attn: S" and will rip the keyboard apart, instead.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Read it
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24605#3.

There are no classic examples of badger email because there are no badgers.

Quote:
i've read enough genuine scam emails to get an idea for what is legit
Continue reading. A shame it is, the training you left, before complete it was.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

casey wrote:
I recently got this one that seems to be playing up the fact that it's fron Nigeria.

The majority of the scam emails that I receive in my catcher account say where the person is from.

Just because we have all heard about 419 Nigerian AFF doesn't mean millions of people out there in the big bad world haven't.

Generally they will quite happily say where they are (not always, but often).

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Golden Pith 1k3: West African Tour
Safari Ben: Lagos (Nigeria) - Accra (Ghana)
Mortar x10
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Of course you could always check the IP out!

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My postcount tells me that it's 100% BADger free. Although I cannot opine as to voles....

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Lord Nelson
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are occasional badgers around, sadly. I had a little boy on
[email protected]
from the forums here.

Best advice is to check the IP. If you can't make a positive location
check to lagos ... then drop it. It's not like we are short of scammers
or anything.

Cheers

LN

"FUCK Y " click. - skype hangup call #250 to Ranti Smile

My late father was among the few blacks-Zimbabwe rich farmers murdered in cold blood by the KILLER SQUERDS

Michael you jumped in to my life and destroyed it.

fuck to you and you Bush sheet

LOOK THE INSULT FROM YOU IS GETTING OUT OF HAND
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
If you can't make a positive location check to lagos
Huh? Really? Any scam email not from Lagos is not real?

"To Serve Man"
Joaquin
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ Rolling Eyes

Closed lad accounts x 46

dear sir
after waiting at the airport for 3 hours i did not see you, i was there till the last pilot came out, what is the position , are you in belgium or still in usa pls write me back , am confused - Patrick Williams

you must be a mad man why can,t you understand simple language it your
stupid mother that have head like that of sadam hussien that was hang
may your mouth bend to your back idiot i am helping you and you are talking trash.
francis mensah
KeyserSoze
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You guys seriously just need to delete any mention of badgers from the 419eater FAQ. All it does is make the newbs paranoid.

Safari Safari "WE HAVE REALLY SUFFERED GREATLY ON THIS 23 HOURS TRIP FROM IBADAN TO YOLA AND FINALLY TO MADUGURI. IT WAS A SERIOUS TERIBLE JOURNEY." - Kenny the healer - aprox 2500 miles

"I have worn your soul and I will Auction it to the land of the dead before 2 weeks. I laugh at your stupidity. I shall drink my early morning tea with your skull in the land of the dead by two weeks from now" - Cassidy the photographer -

pony pony Mortar x10
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No. If they would read the FAQs, they would understand it and know what to do. In addition when others wouldn't say they know they had one when they really didn't, the legend would just die. And we can't delete every mention of them, like this thread.

The reference is delete. We shall see. I'm betting someone will read old posts and find this. Then say they have a badger because the english is too good. Then everyone will have to answer just like here and the cycle will start. The real problem is that people don't think things out and trust legends. If you really want it to disappear no one will mention the word again.

Removing all recent questions about them.

"To Serve Man"
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

DrWho wrote:
If you really want it to disappear no one will mention the word again.

I would like to extend this to the letters "IP" and the word "warning". Very Happy

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic