SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Are we scamming the mugus?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
chrisreiki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Many good points made by you my fellow baiters.

If you are walking down the street and someone operating one of the 'fly' stalls selling fake Rolexes (I don't know about your city, but they are common in London), would you grab them by the throat and strangle them?

Of course not..

I suggest that our action has to be measured and appropriate. Don't let the lads turn you into a scammer.

C
LiveBait
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

chrisreiki wrote:
If you are walking down the street and someone operating one of the 'fly' stalls selling fake Rolexes , would you grab them by the throat and strangle them?

Probably not, but if I could convince him to buy a fake watch to give him a dose of his own medicine--ABSOLUTELY!
Mountain Cat 1M
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Chrisr's analogy better fits the scenario.

- "I have send the tie with the address you gave me through Fedex courrier service. Infact i even add it one more to make it two"
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

chrisreiki wrote:
I suggest that our action has to be measured and appropriate. Don't let the lads turn you into a scammer.

Funny, there was no discussion at all when Komsomol got one of those scumbags arrested. Nobody did ever question the shooting of a 419er in South Africa or anything Rian does in his spare time. And now there's 3 pages about the pro's and con's of getting a lad to send you a tie. Scams lead to the transfer of billions of dollars a year, the sad stories of victims have been reported. So far we got a couple of bucks in return (Shiver's got them listed in his sig), a tie, the occasional wristwatch and birthdaycard for Janne ... Measured and appropriate? Hell, yes, if I'd be given the chance. Sorry, but I'd agree with OZ. 'nuff said.

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
chrisreiki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When the battle is won and all the scammers have packed up or been imprisoned, you have to be left with the feeling that you were better then them. The end does not justify the means.

At the end of WWII we did not herd the remnants of the SS into gas chambers..

C
Sudsman
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

With all due respect, Chris, we're talking about a token $20 or a friggin' necktie. (Or in the case of the brilliant Shiver, $80 plus shipping and modalities.)

These guys contact us trying to steal our life's savings. We're trying to eat up their time and resources and cause them discomfort, while they would let our children starve. Oh -- and then there's always the poor bastards who have flown to Lagos and wound up with a bullet in the head.

Perspective, please. We ARE better than them.

Jolly Roger United Nations x5
Biff Pile-On
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thats very true, and if all the scammers were to quit and find honest jobs all would be well. However, that is unlikely to ever happen. These "people" have lost their humanity, if they ever had it in the first place. Theirs is a society that is BASED on corruption. That is ALL they know. They have no concept of how to function properly within a modern society. Those who have become successful outside of west Africa were not scammers. I doubt ANY scammer would be able to cross from that world into ours. However, with AIDS killing 10,000 a day and another 14,000 infected, it is just a matter of time before Africa collapses into tribal warfare again. Think Rawanda times 25.

For the record, the UN has admitted that AIDS is completely out of control in Africa and India is on the verge of going over the edge. 1 in 4 soldiers in Africa has AIDS. Eventually, the number of soldiers will decrease to a point that stability will be impossible and then watch Africa explode. When that happens we will see a HUGE decrease in scam emails in our accounts.

Warm Regards

SENATOR IBRAHIM MANTU

NB: Please get back to me as soon as you receive this mail because i know that very soon, i will pass on.

AM A LITTLE BUSY HERE BECAUSE I HAVE ALOT OF COSTUMER ON HERE - MR WALE MOSES
chrisreiki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sudsman wrote:
With all due respect, Chris, we're talking about a token $20 or a friggin' necktie. (Or in the case of the brilliant Shiver, $80 plus shipping and modalities.)

Is it worse to steal $1,000,000 or $10?

I don't want to appear anal here, but if you give up your values ( which you are fighting for), what are you left with?

C

Last edited by chrisreiki on Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Biff Pile-On
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hardly think that getting a scammer to send you $20 is giving up your values. The difference is that such a trophy is not gained to personally profit from such a venture. it is to ridicule and demean the scammer. Any funds generated from the scammers have gone to charity. I defy anyone to try and prove that scammers help anyone with their ill-gotten gain except themselves.

Warm Regards

SENATOR IBRAHIM MANTU

NB: Please get back to me as soon as you receive this mail because i know that very soon, i will pass on.

Oz_Baiter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Chris, we see your type here all the time.

Can I give you some perspective...

These lads do not care whether they take $1 or $10,000 dollars!

All they want is to steal, take money, screw with peoples lives, kidnap, kill whatever.

We are outnumbered, the law has its hands tied, what else do we do.

May I suggest that you either bait or keep quiet.

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Is it worse to steal $1,000,000 or $10?

I don't want to appear anal here, but if you give up your values ( which you are fighting for), what are you left with?

Call me morally bankrupt if you wish, but stealing $1 million is worse. That's why grand larceny is punished worse than pickpocketing. You may think that Shiver getting some dumbass to send him $80 is just as bad as that bastard scamming the Dutch chick out of her baby's food money, but I don't. An old person getting swindled out of her retirement fund is tragic. A would-be scammer getting scammed out of $20 is justice. Correction: it's not justice ENOUGH. These people are criminals, Chris. They are targeting innocent people. We are getting our rocks off by messing with criminals. BIG difference.

Quote:
Any funds generated from the scammers have gone to charity.

Well, I have not yet gotten any money from scammers, but if I do, it's going to my favorite charity, the Brotherhood of Suds. And I won't feel a damn bit guilty.

Jolly Roger United Nations x5
Biff Pile-On
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Also, to give another perspective on this...419 scams drain over $1,000,000,000 (one BILLION) a year from the US economy. Therefore it is an ECONOMIC war that we are fighting as well.

The justification the scammers give for their actions range from indignity over colonialism to reparations for slavery. Neither is a valid argument.

Warm Regards

SENATOR IBRAHIM MANTU

kanshi_ng
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you all Ladies and Gentlemen for your comments on this thread.

We baiters have all seen situations where the lad has pressed on with his scam while we have pleaded death from the mafia from loans taken out, sumbitted to dodgy medical practices to raise cash, and claim to have sold everything.

We have many of us, seen the same horror stories in real life from victims.

There is no way that the lads scamming can be justified in moral or economic terms. They are criminals. We are fighting the criminals, that is our justification. If you have trouble with this line of reasoning, baiting is not for you, and we suggest you enjoy another hobby.

With that, I am locking this thread.

"I've got a black cat's bone
I've got a mojo tooth
I've got a John the Conqueroo
I'm gonna mess with you"
Mortar x7
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic