SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

The Trousers Trial -- Judgment is now in...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What trial you ask? Why the trial brought by the federal judge seeking $54 million (previously $65 million) for his lost pants. Yes, that trial.

The fun part is that the judge is serving as his own lawyer -- and by all accounts, he's terrible.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3

Last edited by JMRazor on Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is so wrong on so many levels I have not found a single commentator who feels this asshat has a case.

Sure, he may technically bring the case, but it should have been dismissed as frivolous. It serves as a "posture-child" for tort-reform that makes my lawyer colleagues swear under their breaths.

--J.D.

JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh it's definitely a frivolous case -- however it was brought under a very protective and broad consumer protection statute which are notoriously difficult to dismiss out-of-hand due to their paternalistic origins of saving poor Joe Blue Collar from having no recourse against banks and corporations. It just so happens that the roles are reversed here and you have a federal (albeit administrative) judge suing a mom-and-pop dry cleaner.

One suspects that the (presiding) judge is giving the (plaintiff) judge his "day in court" so that the appellate avenues are reduced.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I really feel sorry for the judge who has to sit through it and hear it all...

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you cry in court over a damned part of pants and/or sue for that much money for a pair of pants, you should probably be summarily committed to a very tiny padded room for the safety of others.

Or taken to a public square and relentlessly heckled and pummelled with bad fruit. I'm not sure which.

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm leaning towards heckled and pummeled with bad fruit.....plus being forced to pay all of the drycleaners' legal costs.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think his issues have nothing to do with pants - but that is just a guess.

Also it sounds like the judge over the trial is just laugh her way through it before she tells the defendants they owe him the cost of the pants and that the plaintiff gets to pay for court costs. That is how I am guessing this is going to end.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
Klaasvaak
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That korean guy should countersue for 75 million.

Luther Blissett
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What's wrong with these judges? One sues for his pants, the other one is taking off his pants!? Shocked
http://www.gulfnews.com/world/United_Kingdom/10132068.html

Quote:
Published: 13/06/2007 12:00 AM (UAE)

Judge exposes underpants to court in indecency case
Reuters

London: One of Britain's most senior judges, accused of exposing himself to a woman on a packed commuter train, produced a pair of his underpants in court yesterday in an effort to prove his innocence.

Justice Stephen Richards, 56, from Wimbledon in southwest London, is alleged to have twice exposed his genitals to the woman on suburban London trains in October 2006.

To prove his client's innocence, Richards' lawyer David Fisher produced a pair of black Calvin Klein underpants which the judge said he usually wore.

Their design, Fisher argued, would have made it difficult for Richards, who denies the charges, to expose himself. "In order to remove your penis when you are wearing Calvin Klein briefs - is it necessary to use one or two hands?" Fisher asked. "If I have to pee, I will use two hands. I will always use two hands," Richards replied.

Banks: Ivory Coast Netherlands United Kingdom Ghana United Nations x1 Nigeria x2 Law Firms: South Africa United Kingdom Nigeria x1 Misc. Mugu Pooh: United Kingdom China x1 United Nations x2 HYIPs: pyramid x25 Phonelad Websites: Cellphone x6

Donate the Nurse, the Eater needs Pants... Err? * Scamwarners.com * Artists against 419 * Kill HYIPs & Ponzi Scams!
spoilsport
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If i were the judge, I would say that the Koreans now deserve a payment to make up for damaged image and lost time, of say about.....50 million? Very Happy

This is just like the microwave incident, where a woman succesfully was able to get money from the microwave producer for not stating in the manual that the microwave is not suitable to speed dry wet poodles!

I don't know if it is an urbal legend, but I have sometimes heard about those insane cases in USA where millions of dollars are involved, I just do not understand it.... Confused

-"Today I went to see my doctor for medical check and he placed me on a six house bed rest" -Gen. Bry4nt J0hns0n
-noobies: click here
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In those cases where millions of dollars are involved, those people are awarded that not because of their own case but because the company (usually a nationwide or multinational company) has shown a history of doing the same thing in the past, paying the small fines and continuing to not change. Thus the millions are awarded as a punishment. The most brought case of this is the lady that sued McDonald's because she split coffee in her lap and received 2nd degree burns. She was not the first person to sue McDonald's over this, that is why she received millions for it.

In this case, the judge that is sueing is the first to bring charges against this dry cleaner. The dry cleaner is not a large company and it cannot be proven that what they did is company wide policy. That is why this case is frivolous while the McDonald case, contrary to popular belief, was not.

The company wide policy at McDonald's was to not tell customers that the coffee was hot. Yes it seems like this is something obvious but it still was policy and they had been given a chance to change it before.

Hope this clarifies some.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Thank you for explaining that, Ook. Very Happy

It's still goofy, though. Companies shouldn't be penalized because some consumers of their products have the collective common sense of a stoned gnat.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

True TS which is why it has to be shown to be a known problem, even if it should be comon sense. Law is very logical much like programming computers. Even though you know that is how something should be you still have to be able to prove it. Just read some warnings on packages, they are on there because someone did that.

pony Mortar x4
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

However you should not confuse an injury case with a damaged pants case -- one is brought under common law negligence, the other under a consumer statute. The former is left up to a jury as to how bad the pain was and what the compensation should be in terms of renumeration and punitive (i.e. don't do that again McDonalds!) damages.

In this case, we have a consumer statute that will find liability for "deceptive practices" that harm the public. The statute provides for an amplification of actual damages (in this case next to nothing), and then a punitive aspect. The judge gets to his astronomical number by (among many other things) multiplying all the days he has to rent a car to drive to a different dry cleaner as he used to walk to the previous one. He is clearly not getting that.

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow.. I want to be in the crowd that throws the rotten vegetables...

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes good point JM. There is a big difference between injury and damage, I should have mentioned that. I used the McDonald's coffee case because it is one of the more famous ones.

I have not read a whole lot about this particular case, I am not a lawyer myself I just had to take enough business law classes and we discussed these types of cases in depth. I was wondering how he came up with that number. Clearly he is still upset about personal issues (divorce, bankruptcy, ect..) and has found away to divert his own feelings about these issues and concentrate on something that really has nothing to do with them at all. One of his friends or associates should have talked him out of this, but let the chap has his fifteen minutes, it only makes him look like a fool. I can only imagine his ex-wife is sitting there watching this going, "I am so glad I have nothing to do with him anymore."

pony Mortar x4
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very sad case. This asshat was given the pants but he says that they are not his. Must have shrunk. The owners have offered $12,000 to settle and the courts are clogged with real cases. The plaintiff figures he's special and is putting in for the time he's put in even though a pro se litigant cannot get attorney's fees. What do they say about pro se litigants?
Will the defendants turn around and sue the pants off his butt? I don't think so. These owners are thinking of going back to the charcoal pits from where they came.
Its also very sad that the court would tolerate people faking Asian accents. Its as pathetic as the Chinese mugus from Lagos.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As I believe Oscar Wilde, the noted Irish wit, had it " the man who represents himself has a fool for a client" Very Happy

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The "judge's" claim is that the cleaner violated the written contract in the store. The owners had a sign that said Satisfaction Guaranteed. He says he wasn't satisfied, so he wants the $54M USD. Rolling Eyes (almost sounds like a lad 100% risky free... Shocked )

He went through a messy divorce recently. Surprised (I wonder why he was divorced... Wink )

He is still a slime ball!! Evil or Very Mad

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, so let's assume this idiot 'wins'. How the HELL are Mr & Mrs Korean Dry Cleaner going to find $54 million? Laughing

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Klaasvaak
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Why can't the judge throw the man out for being retarded?

If I ever go to the US i'll sue everyone and go home rich.

Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gnasher wrote:
How the HELL are Mr & Mrs Korean Dry Cleaner going to find $54 million?

Funny you should ask that. I received an email from a deposed Royal Family member today.....

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
----------------------------------
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rolling Eyes

Quote:
After a five-minute break to dry his eyes, Roy Pearson came back to the courtroom. A hush came over the crowd, though it was probably due more to fatigue than to suspense.

When the trial resumed, Pearson continued to describe how this incident occurred. Then he began to break down again. Then he paused and collected himself. Then, clearly having difficulty speaking, he asked if he could submit this part in writing. Defense counsel objected, and the judge assured Pearson he was doing fine.

Pulling himself together, Pearson continued with his exhaustive description of how he -- or, in his telling, Custom Cleaners -- lost his pants.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Reprob8
DIGITALIS MAXIMUS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ Where didja get that??? I want to follow along!

starstarstarstar
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hidden in JM's post

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/offbeat/offbeat_politics/

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic