SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Numpty splats Roy's Harley.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm gutted. Parked my Harley outside a shop, the SUV behind me starts up and backs hard into it. Splat!, bike falls over, rear fender and light squashed, cosmetic damage to side of otherwise unmarked bike. Twisted Evil

At least I wasn't sat on it.

I shouldn't have tried to put the window in with my crashat, while screaming obscenities, but there you go, stuff happens.

Next thing the whole family turn up, exit Roy into the shop to ring the plod, not that they did anything, but the mention of them calmed things down a bit.

My insurer has taken the bike away for repair, bad part is waiting for parts to come from the USA.

Now have the use of a small and ugly jap vtwin for the next few weeks, @ �60 a day to the numpty's insurance Co.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

AWE! Sad

I'm sorry that it happen to you.

Hope the rest of your day is better.

Mama said that there would be days like this.Confused

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SUVs belong in the countryside. That poor bike. Sad

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I really feel for you. If you need faster access to parts, I may be able to help, but I suppose shipping cost would eat you up. Which model do you have?
Saint Arnold
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That really sucks. The Harley, I mean. I have one of those cheap Japanese bikes.

No, no, not serious - I have a Honda because I wanted to see if I'd enjoy riding before I spent $20K on a Harley. Now that I know I do, I am trying to convince my financial controller that I need a new Wide Glide. @RC, you have my condolences, I laid my bike down once (the garbage truck spilled hydraulic fluid all over the road on a tight corner Evil or Very Mad ) - physically, I was fine, but I still have the emotional scars, so I know how you feel.

BTW, if I were you, I'd move to the US. It would probably be cheaper than buying replacement Harley parts in the UK.

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21
Luther Blissett
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:
I shouldn't have tried to put the window in with my crashat, while screaming obscenities, but there you go, stuff happens.

Err, I tried this once. Not recommended... Smile

Sorry to hear about you Harley. SVUs hitting bikes suck. So do Japanese V-Twins.

Banks: Ivory Coast Netherlands United Kingdom Ghana United Nations x1 Nigeria x2 Law Firms: South Africa United Kingdom Nigeria x1 Misc. Mugu Pooh: United Kingdom China x1 United Nations x2 HYIPs: pyramid x25 Phonelad Websites: Cellphone x6

Donate the Nurse, the Eater needs Pants... Err? * Scamwarners.com * Artists against 419 * Kill HYIPs & Ponzi Scams!
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Krona and Luther- Roy means that the loaner was a J.A.Prestwich V-Twin produced sometime between 1904 and 1960. Small wonder this V-Twin is so small and ugly. Back in 1965 the FAA said that the average American male weighted 145 pounds. No one at Eater is so bigoted to make racist comments on the board. Its not just that there are members from Japan on this board, its just that racists and their posts are never tolerated here.

@Roy. I feel your pain. I still remember the night that someone dropped my bike. I felt worse than when someone did $15,000 damage to my favorite car when I was rear ended. Why would someone need a SUV in the UK? Does the snow get that high? Are the streams not fordable? I almost got creamed by a Hummer (Check out www.FUH2.com) yesterday. No plates, no signals, it just moves over two lanes. I was in the last lane. I hit the brakes, horn and moved over until my tyres rubbed the curb at 65Km/hr.
If you ever get a chance, go to Stugis during Bike Week. Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt.

HDs parts must be expensive even here in the US. A dealership owner just bought the house next to a rental I own. He says that he makes much more money on parts and service than the bikes themselves. Oh, but talk about more money than brains. He paid 1.2 million for his place and gutted it even thought it was what I would have considered "turn key". Earlier this year he bought a new Viper and had it painted pink. He quickly got tired of that and is now having a new Porsche "customized". Ferdinand will be turning in his grave. It's going to be like a train wreak. I don't want to see it but something deep insides says to take a look. I be sure to take a photo and post it on the "What really stupid people do" thread.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Could I interest you in a slightly used MZ ? Very Happy

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to hear about the bike, RC.

Here's a piccy of Roy on his loan bike. Laughing

kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:
... Splat!, bike falls over, rear fender and light squashed, ...

Great! What an opportunity!

Now you can trash the Harley and get a real bike:

Wink Wink
Saint Arnold
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

CLG wrote:
No one at Eater is so bigoted to make racist comments on the board.

In a moment of seriousness, I'll say that I did not take Roy's initial post in such a way. He was disgusted with his bike, not with the people that produced it. If I was riding that thing I think I'd be disgusted with it also. Still, it's better than walking.

Quote:
Back in 1965 the FAA said that the average American male weighted 145 pounds.

How about that! I weigh EXACTLY 145 lbs! So does the inner me! Together, we weigh..... too damn much.

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21
Shadowplay
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have an old Harley that I have to keep on the sidewalk in front of the house under a tarp due to the endless gas leak that may blow up my house. It needs a new petcock and a needle and seat, but I still wouldn't trade it for anything else. Very Happy

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have now been contacted by various lawyers, hers, offering to get my bike fixed for me (too late, sunshine), my new ones who will get my �300 excess back for me (I hope!), and a personal injury lawyer, who said 'That's a shame!' when I told him that I wasn't injured. Really! Shocked

Thanks for your sympathies. Hayley says she doesn't fancy going on the back of the Spewzuki, she says her ears will be up around her eyes. Well where else would they be? Shocked. I think she meant her knees, bless.

You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:
... on the back of the Spewzuki, ....

Used to ride an RGV (Really Good Vibrations). A couple of the pillion passengers I had never asked for a ride again. Could it have had something to do with them face planting the back of my helmet under * fairly heavy braking?

Passenger seating position and comfort does not seem to have been a design priority.

* educationally deliberate

Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

RGV, Now that was a fun bike!

I used to have a sticker on the back of my Triumph Daytona 1000,
Quote:
Passengers are requested to refrain from screaming

You go die like bird
Pith Helmet 10
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic