SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Furniture scam ?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
S.Cammer-Beeter
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Guys,

I found a new mail in my mail (ok, where else). Looks like a classic employment / phishing scam, but they add a link to their own website, DFS furniture.
I googled DFS and a DFS exists, but with another e-mail addy and different phone numbers.
The scammers' website looks totally fake to me although relatively well-made and written in correct english.

Maybe that site needs to be closed down ?

Regards,

Stephen Cammer-Beeter.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Stephen, weclome to the eater, can you post the email you received, along with the full headers, please?

Also, when you open the email, hover your mouse over the DFS website link in the email, what does the url say in your status bar, different to the url in the email?

For example, look at this link, then hover your mouse over it and look at the status bar where it displays the url:

www.419eater.com

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery

Last edited by Scam Patroller on Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
S.Cammer-Beeter
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you for your reply, Patroller. This is what I got, how do I get a full header since this was received in Hotmail?

If one googles DFS, one finds at least ONE bona fide DFS company.

Here goes:

COMPANY REPRESENTATIVE NEEDED URGENTLY‎
Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2007 5:15:23 AM
Reply-to: [email protected]
To: [email protected] Mod edit - removed your addy - SP

Our intended partner,

Greetings and best wishes to you.DFS sales Ltd Uk wishes to bring to your notice that the job opening of an oversea agent who will collect and manage our funds for us for the purpose we would instruct on how the funds will be managed.You are welcomed if you wish to fit into this position as our agent in your region.

DFS Furnitures, have a project at hand to establish various mini-market structures in some parts of the Mexico, Americas , Canada & Sub Regions in Europe for the purpose of exhibiting our goods and services .,we shall have you to manage a particular outfit of ours in your location if you have the qualifications and capabilities.

You will be given the opportunity to negotiate your mode of contract for which payment for your services will be made, subject to your satisfaction.

Basic payment for services will be:-For the first 180 days,Representatives will receive 10% commission on every transaction processed. After the 180 day period, commission will increase to 15% on turnovers collected from our customers.

For more information and further proceedings, please reply with the following details-
PERSONAL DETAILS:
NAME IN FULL :.........
COMPANY NAME: .....
POSITION:......
FULL ADDRESS: .......
CITY/TOWN:........
STATE:............
ZIP CODE:........
MOBILE:.......
HOME TEL: .....…
FAX: ...........
EMAIL ADDRESS: ........
ANNUAL INCOME:........
BANK NAME :.......
MARITAL STATUS:.......

All replies should be sent to: [email protected] .I look foward to hearing from you. Thank you in advance.

Yours faithfully,
Mr Cardle Ian (Director of Finance/Sales)
DFS Bentley Moor Lane,Adwick le Street
Doncaster DN6 7BD South Yorkshire.
London,United kingdom
Tel: +44 70457 01429
Fax: +44 8704 714591

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cheers, that is a scammer using a real site as cover for his scam, that is the real DFS site here in the UK, lads often do things like that, and use their DFS looking Yahoo email addy to get replies from likely victims.

Stephen, to get full headers in Hotmail do this:

Login to your hotmail account, then click on OPTIONS, next page click on MAIL DISPLAY SETTINGS, on the next page you will see MESSAGE HEADERS, tick the box called ADVANCED hit the submit button, thats' it, you're done, it will now display full headers above each email you receive.

This is essentially a fake cheque scam, representative scams are very common, if you don't know how the scam works, read this webpage and see the diagram:

http://www.banksafeonline.org.uk/moneymule_explained.html

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
S.Cammer-Beeter
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanx again, Patroller, but when I click options I get some possiblilities of changing languages etc, but none of what you suggested. The hotmail help central gives nothing when I ask for settings or headers.

Sorry.

SCB

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Strange, I just checked my hotmail.com and hotmail.co.uk addies, and both work exactly as I posted above, which is, click options, mail display settings etc Confused

Last edited by Scam Patroller on Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
S.Cammer-Beeter
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Again,

This is what I get when I click options:

Options
You are using the classic version of Windows Live Hotmail.

* Have a fast connection and want more features? Try the full version to see message previews in your inbox. (It's free, too.)
* You can also Switch to MSN Hotmail.

Manage your account

* View and edit your personal information
* Send and receive mail from other e-mail accounts

Junk e-mail

* Filters and confirmation
* Safe and blocked senders

Customize your mail

* Choose a theme
* Select language
* Personal e-mail signature
* Save sent messages
* Automatically sort e-mail into folders
* Reply-to address
* Mobile alerts for new messages

Customize your contacts

* Sort your contact list
* Import contacts
* Export contacts

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ahh, that appears to be windows live hotmail, I have the old hotmail, try logging in to your account using this Hotmail link:

http://login.live.com/login.srf?id=2&vv=450&lc=1033

When I login to my email, the option button is just above the emails to the right, as in this screenshot I have just taken:

S.Cammer-Beeter
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanx again !

I tried, it just redirects me to where I was before.

Looks as if Snotmail has taken that possibility out

Stephen

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stephen, check your PM's, I have sent you an email address to forward the email to, cheers.

S.Cammer-Beeter
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, done.

Found anything ?

Cheers,

SCB

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stephen, check your PM's again, there was a problem with the email I gave you.

Something else I noticed from those options you posted above was this:

Quote:
* Have a fast connection and want more features? Try the full version to see message previews in your inbox. (It's free, too.)
* You can also Switch to MSN Hotmail.

The bit I have highlighted in bold is what you want to be able to get options to see headers.

S.Cammer-Beeter
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, sent.

SCB

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is what I got when I tried to switch to MSN Hotmail:

Switch back
We're sorry you're not happy with Windows Live Hotmail, and we're still working to improve it.

Give us one more chance to customize Windows Live Hotmail just for you!

Choose between the full and classic versions of Windows Live Hotmail: The full version of Windows Live Hotmail has drag and drop, right-click actions, and a reading pane. The classic version is simpler and a little more similar to MSN Hotmail. It may be better for slow connections.

Did you know that you can customize your inbox color? And in the full version, you can also turn off the reading pane?

If you'd still like to opt out of Windows Live Hotmail: Click �Switch back� below and you'll return to MSN Hotmail. (Your inbox size may no longer be 2 GB. Please check your storage when you return to MSN Hotmail and delete some of your messages if you need to.)

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's up to you if you want to go back to MSN Hotmail just to be able to see headers, or keep the live hotmail service you have now, personally, Hotmail live and windows live messenger are full of adverts that pop up, especially if you are using live messenger a lot, and I will never use the live Hotmail.

I have not received your email yet, must be a delay, I have noticed that when sending to Hotmail from Yahoo and the other way around Mad

S.Cammer-Beeter
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dunno what I did, but messing around with hotmail switches and taking a hotmail survey on the fly (TRUE !), i got my OLD hotmail system back.
Did the option manipulations you suggested and VOIL�:

Reply-To : [email protected]
Sent : Saturday, June 9, 2007 5:15 AM
To : [email protected]
Subject : COMPANY REPRESENTATIVE NEEDED URGENTLY

MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: from partagas.dragonet.es ([217.70.240.130]) by bay0-mc11-f12.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.2668); Fri, 8 Jun 2007 20:15:23 -0700
Received: from partagas.dragonet.es (localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1])by partagas.dragonet.es (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id l593FLnw020190for <[email protected]>; Sat, 9 Jun 2007 05:15:21 +0200
Received: (from apache@localhost)by partagas.dragonet.es (8.12.11/8.12.11/Submit) id l593FKtv020162;Sat, 9 Jun 2007 05:15:20 +0200
Return-Path: [email protected]
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 09 Jun 2007 03:15:23.0547 (UTC) FILETIME=[6B258EB0:01C7AA44]

Mod edit - edited to remove your email address - SP

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The only IP in that header is from Spain, where a lot of lads happen to be based:

Quote:
WHOIS results for 217.70.240.130

Was that the full header?

S.Cammer-Beeter
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Patroller,

Thanx for your invaluable help!

I will wear a bucket and humbly hold the firestick at the next pork & swine BBQ I may attend. I do refuse to wear dresses, tho.

Origin looks spanish, huh.
� Los Scamatores Espanoles ? LOL.

Saludos,

S C-B

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi again,

For all I know, that is the full header or at least that is what I got after clicking "advanced" as you said.

Damn hot under that bucket.

S.

Last edited by S.Cammer-Beeter on Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing stick around and get in to baiting lads, you know it makes sense Twisted Evil

S.Cammer-Beeter
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear Patroller,

I am convinced that it makes sense, I even heard, YEARS ago, of (poor) people losing most of what they had to scams.

I'd like to try to finalize at least 1 (one) scambait. However, the problem is time and 'puter access.

I will see what I can do.

Kindest regards,

S.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have "view email source" on my hotmail acct on the left of the screen.

I believe when you received your payout you will compensate me.... .. Sure Will..

Jolly Roger

pony pony pony Mortar x11
JoeBleed
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For future records, incase you want to switch back to windows live hotmail what ever it is called like i have. (the full version)

When you are in your inbox looking at the e-mail list, not reading one e-mail just looking at all the mail in your inbox, right click on the message you want to vew the full headers on and select "View Source" at teh botom of the right click menu that should come up.

At that point mine opens it in another window and you can copy and paste the full header information.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic