SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Thoughts on scammers and gmail.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mad4Maya
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In several scammer emails I have started to notice the "please reply to my private email" as being gmail addresses. What are your thoughts on attempting to shut these addresses down to keep the scammers using more IP friendly email?

I will like to assure you that this transaction is 100% risk to both parties...Th0mps0n Br0wn
pony pony pony
mami
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Keep writing them to their yahoo/hotmail/freename addies..... do not write/reply them at their gmail addies. While I guess they use gmail for the storage, labeling, convos etc it is annoying that it strips out the IP.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think it's wasted effort as (a) you'll never shut down enough, (b) they can always get more which they may choose to hide better now that they know people are targeting them, and (c) see 100 other threads on shutting down lad boxes (although I recognize your question was not exactly the same as many of those earlier arguments).

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Back when Gmail was invite only some worked on doing that. Now that it is widely available I think it will have just as much impact as closing a hotmail or yahoo account, which is nil.

If you have a lad using gmail try telling him that you don't trust gmail because they monitor correspondance. You can back up this claim by pointing out the targeted advertisments or giving him some links to 'gmail conspiracy' pages.

If you aren't tracking his IP's and that part isn't of concern to you, you can probably just leave it be.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I like a lad with gmail because you can chat.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
rumbero
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The only problem I see with the mugus using Gmail, is getting confirmation of IP during a safari.
So far I have not had a mugu using Gmail Razz

Pith Helmet Lagos to Ghana Opus Dei Templar
Pith Helmet Nukuru to Mombasa 1,500 kms van donation
Pith Helmet Co bait with SlowFreddy Sao Tome island to Gabon Pith Helmet Lagos to Abuja Co, donation
YOUR WIFE WILL GIVE BIRTH TO A MONKEY, YOU ARE GOING TO SUFFER FROM EPILEPTIC,
LET YOUR MOTHER FUCK YOUR BEST FRIEND. LET YOUR FATHER FUCK A MAD STREET WOMAN, USELESS INTERNET FRAUDSTER. (barrister Dan )
I bet u , soon , u will be laying in a close casket ,
will make u understand that i'm a spiritual man (Makinwa the retarded mugu)
in juses name u will dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
( Makinwa)
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had a lotto scam that started in gmail, but when they turned me over to the barrister (2nd email) his address was yahoo.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I point this out every time the topic comes up (because I found it useful), but most often readnotify.com will tell you the location of a gmail using lad. I have sent a couple gmail lads on safari and used it.

You can sign up for a free, 2 week trial at their website.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Chipmunk
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you already have the IP from the original addy, it doesn't matter if they go gmail on you.

Chipmunk sez to write them at their new gmail account ... from your new gmail account.

"If you fail to provide the Documents to us, we will charge you with the FBI and take our proper action against you for not proofing to us the legitimate of the fund you are about to receive."

"i will be ready to joj your church with one condition that i will never told to put any lattoo on body as most of churches uses that as a symbol or whatever."
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scam Patroller says, if your lad is using Gmail, tell him your email service has problems receiving mails from Gmail such as his emails are blank, and tell him to mail you from something else.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ That or tell them you've had it with those Gmail jokers and time-wasters. Very Happy

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic