SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Lack of stats

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Poison Ivy
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

With the lack of statistics on how many people hand over their hard earned. With all those on this forum and others. With all those (like me previously) who are baiting alone, and not knowing there are others. How can we ever know the big picture?

With your knowledge, what would you estimate the success rate of scammers to be?

Personally I think some make money regularly, most make nothing, but are still doing the lottery.

Over to you.

you know the amount we are talking here is not a peanut .

U're a slot!!
Lester
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All i see is rough estimates - the FBI/USSS seems to have it in the hundreds of millions

$3,838,681.54 of fake checks taken off the street
Mortar x13 Tattoo x4 Sand Timer 4y 3m
_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's virtually impossible to really tell. Even those who know they've been scammed often do not report it for fear of ridicule.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Poison Ivy
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lester, do you have any links to that please?

Of course we will never know the true stats for that reason Rodus Sad

Just a thought...

U're a slot!!
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stats: http://www.ultrascan.nl/html/victims.html

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Poison Ivy
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good God! That link needs to be made a sticky!

U're a slot!!
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^ Don't pay much attention to that link, UltraSCAM are scum, to my mind, they are no better than scammers, why? Because they offer a money recovery service to victims, they charge victims thousands, and we all know what hope a victim has of recovering their money, almost zero, and how much money have UltraSCAM recovered for victims who have paid them? Not a god damn penny, that's how much according to their site the last time I bothered to look at it, their stats are probably a load of old bollox as well.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was amazed to read this off the Northants UK Police site

Quote:
Research of the UK victims who lost money last year as a result of 419 correspondence shows that the average loss was �68,000, down from the �146,000 previously which is deemed to be indicative that victims are reporting the loss at an earlier stage in their crime.

�68,000 !!! Shocked

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Poison Ivy
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Blimey both!

U're a slot!!
FiveForces
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm with that Nigerian guy who said he couldnt believe anyone actually replies to these mails...

"GO AND DIE AND NOPT LIVE OK, YOU STUPID FOUL YOU TAKEW ME FOR PLAY? SEND YOUR SHIPPING INFO AND THAT ALL YOU TALK STUPID, SEND ME YOUR NUMBER THAT ALKL I NEED FROM YOU. NO NUKMBER GO AND DON;T SEND NO MONEY AND SEND HAVE NO PUPPY"
~ Bri Thany

"The whole situation is becoming ridiculous and absurd. Its hard to explain how a transaction that normally takes a few minutes to be concluded is starting to run into weeks."
~ Genesis Art & Craft

"you are treating me like a fool which is not supposed to be done"
~ Barryston Morgan

"I don't understand this...Its like you are playing on my intelligence."
~ Peter Roy
pwwbear
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.phonebusters.com/english/statistics.html

click year end stats

on the second pages there are stats for 419 and west african fraud

TRY AND PUT THIS ARTICLE OF MINE ON U'R 419EATERS CLUB...TELL U'R SITE FRIENDS THAT I GOT U N THEM IN A STREET OF GAME FIGHT...I AM WAITING FOR YOU GUYS TO DO WHAT U THINK U WANT TO DO TO ME - rev. botchway
Click here to support 419Eater.com
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Poison Ivy wrote:
Personally I think some make money regularly, most make nothing, but are still doing the lottery.

The truth is such are the state of things in places like Lagos that one success a year for scammers will be enough to enourage them to carry on. What we may consider in the western world to be next to nothing can be a tidy sum of money for people living in developing nations.

As the ABC programme on scammers revealed the average wage in Lagos is $1 a week. Say your honest Nigerian works 50 weeks a year he will earn $50 per annum. Say a scammer who wasn't very good gets one victim a year and only gets them to pay out the initial fee which is from my experience about $2,000. From this one scam the Nigerian scammer has made as much money for about 1 weeks work (if you can call sending cut & paste emails work) than your average honest Nigerian would make working his butt off for 40 years.

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

About all we really know is that the scam is successful enough to where it seems there are legions of lads sending out these emails.

You would think that market saturation could be reached, but PT Barnum said there's a sucker born every minute and as long as that's happening we'll have lads and we'll also have victims.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The success rate is very high amongst the fake check scammers, lottery lads and love scammers. Then there's the phishing scams, stolen credit cards etc. It's a huge "industry"

It's tough to get an actual number as many victims do not reveal all they've lost. Each country would keep their own stats on this.

Here's something from Australia:

Quote:
An estimated US$ 500,000 per month moves out of Queensland alone. Last year, this kind of loss from the state of Queensland was $300,000. The amount is growing year on year, said detective and acting superintendent Brian Hay of the Queensland Police Service, as published by PC World on May 23, 2007.

Brian Hay has talked to above 130 victims who collectively lost $18 Million from such frauds. Unbelievably, these victims don't want to prosecute. In fact, according to Hay, almost 75% still send the defrauders money despite being told such kinds of frauds have victimized them.

http://tinyurl.com/2spaf2

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
CollateralDamage
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If we use these Queensland figures which work out at $1.44 per year per head of population and then extrapolate them to say the combined population of the USA, Britain, Canada and Australia (361 million) then we have a total of around $520 million as the world wide take from scams. I know that I haven�t counted a whole heap of countries but these will do as I intend to be on the conservative side.

The Wikipedia entry for 419 scams gives a figure of 250,000 as the number of scammers. If we accept this as a reasonably accurate figure then the average take per scammer is around $2,100 per year.

I accept that these numbers are a fairly shaky but probably give an idea of how lucrative scams are. As already pointed out wages in West Africa are very low and this would be a better than average income.

i dont have time for you u most be a basted from your mother and your father must be a big dog but all i will let u know is that may u go and die like a lizard as i don't want u to skeak with me any more if u reply this message that means your father and mother including all your family is a dog and goat.

bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bbbbbbbbbbbbbb mr lizard pastor - Mrs Williams

GO THE HELL AND TELL MAX PAYNE TO PUT A PENGUIN UP HAS ASS SHIT HEAD - Bob Manlee
Mortar x1
CD - 4
Lad - 0
Wright B Hindyou
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The facts support a figure of about $US1 per person per year in the Western Anglophone world. As a Queenslander myself, I can attest to the fact that we're dumber but less affluent, so we're about normal when it comes to losing money.

Of course, there is no 'average' income for scammers. Scamming is organised crime as well as disorganised crime, the structure is pyramidal. Some high-level scammers have made millions out of this. Some hapless fools travel thousands of miles, actually losing money. That's why we bait.

Probably, the average Internet cafe Lad makes a subsistence income, but all of them are dreaming of the Big Score, and that's why they'll never quit, as long as there are gullible victims out there. Sad

"bastard like you, I will kill you with my hand, son of nobody. May your soul rust in help." - Titi Andrew

"I trusted you very much without knowing that you are a drug addit person" - Emma Bambara

"THIS YOUR BEHAVIOR IS IRELEVANT AND CROSPOLOS CARACTER" - Madam Clarrise Keita.

"you must speak beter because we dont train mad people in this company." - Incredible Self-Baiting Pastor Joe
Chipmunk
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"Water finds its own level. Appently money does as well."

- Grandfather Chipmunk

"If you fail to provide the Documents to us, we will charge you with the FBI and take our proper action against you for not proofing to us the legitimate of the fund you are about to receive."

"i will be ready to joj your church with one condition that i will never told to put any lattoo on body as most of churches uses that as a symbol or whatever."
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic