SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

weird check

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
xanadugirlz
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My friend recieved a check (we sign up for all kinds of crap online) for $575 from cnhi.com that looks real and was mailed from alabama, and says "daily star". Do you think it is real??? I have contacted the company and am unable to get an answer, also it had no accompanying data , and she hasnt ever been involved with scammers, Thanks

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Do people regularly send you unsolicited cheques, if so then you're laughing. Seriously, I would have lots of alarm bells ringing. Frame it and stick it on your wall but I wouldn't try to cash it. Banks have this funny thing against dodgy cheques.You have to ask yourself why someone would send you
money for no reason, and if you're honest, they wouldn't would they.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Please don't try to cash it. Ask either the police or a bank to check it out for you, and follow their advice. People who pay in cheques/checks that later turn out to be fakes can lose more than $. Banks have been known to close customers' accounts, and call in fraud investigators and the police, so it is a big risk for $575. If the cheque is real, the bank or police can tell your friend that, and then she can pay it in, 100% risky free. Smile

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
guymannemisis
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would keep bombarding cnhi.com with phone calls, faxes and emails until you get a response from someone in authority. The very least you can do is let them know that their info has been compromised and they should post a warning on their site.
Under no circumstances should that check be cashed. Turning it in to local PD will bear no fruit - they don't have the resources to check this kind of thing out.
xanadugirlz
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LOL.....IT WAS REAL....finally got in contact with the company who sent it, it was a refund from newspaper advertising that they somehow put in her name (I think because she is the one anyone who does business ever talks to) rather than her bosses.....I am so over cautious, Thanks all Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic