SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Baiting Friends

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
KeyserSoze
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I do fully understand the cause for concern, considering the lack of information that was provided in the initial post.

I think the problem with this thread lies within the title of the topic, which is "baiting" friends. Of course it is not right to bait anybody that is not a scammer(or of equal repulsivness), because baiting involves deception. But I don't think there is anything wrong with simply asking for a photo trophy from somebody who is perfectly willing to do so - as long as the agreement is honest. Just because photo trophies are associated with baiting does not mean that the modality can only be used when baiting.

Safari Safari "WE HAVE REALLY SUFFERED GREATLY ON THIS 23 HOURS TRIP FROM IBADAN TO YOLA AND FINALLY TO MADUGURI. IT WAS A SERIOUS TERIBLE JOURNEY." - Kenny the healer - aprox 2500 miles

"I have worn your soul and I will Auction it to the land of the dead before 2 weeks. I laugh at your stupidity. I shall drink my early morning tea with your skull in the land of the dead by two weeks from now" - Cassidy the photographer -

pony pony Mortar x10
Les Noise
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

IBD. Cool Where's my rose? Cool

mod edit: there ya go: Pretty Rose (Don, fluffy)

I believe when you received your payout you will compensate me.... .. Sure Will..

Jolly Roger

pony pony pony Mortar x11
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I still think it was a cruel thing to do. I know you wanted to give us a laugh �look at this silly guy holding a sign like a mugu� but he�s not a mugu so it came off like �look how badly I treat my fans�. Not to mention posting pictures (so I�ve heard) has caused problems in the past. I don�t think we need to give anyone a reason to come trolling over here or crying to another site about how mean the members of the Eater are.

That�s just what I think, pantsface. I am in no way jumping all over you. I�m sure you had your reasons and what ever those reasons were, I�m sure you felt they were justified and had no intention of hurting this guy. I do think this guy would be pissed if he found out what you did with his pic. More then likely his feelings would be hurt since it was suggested that the pic was going to be used for your album and not to make fun of him.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
Pantsface
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This has gotten ridiculous.

I never told him it would be album cover, he assumed it would.

I can guarantee he would not be upset if he knew I posted the pic on the eater. I think people around here have really thin skin.

I don't see how any kind of a back story would make any difference whatsoever.

The bottom line is, holding a sign, doesn't hurt anyone, not even the person holding it. If it embarrasses him, he shouldn't have done it in the first place. You guys are acting like he has no free will. Everyone is acting like I told him id pay him $1,000 to drink phlegm, and then didn't pay.

I really love the eater and the community here, but I honestly cant believe this response to this.

"As an idiot who have not see money?Stupify away from me ungodly person." - Nugo

"I dream how we will sit at you at home I will
sit on your knees, you will iron my face, my legs." - Marina

pony Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone

Click here to support 419Eater.com

SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ghost wrote:
Not to mention posting pictures (so I�ve heard) has caused problems in the past.

Thus a large part of my objection to the pic as posted. Had the face been obscured, I wouldn't have minded it.

Sorry Pants, but the pic was far too 'shoppable as posted, and I wouldn't like to see anyone abuse it, whether for a bait or anything else.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Pantsface
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

That I can understand. Thanks.

Although one only has to look in the trophy room or publish your baits to see tons of similar pics.

"As an idiot who have not see money?Stupify away from me ungodly person." - Nugo

B.L.Z. Bubb
Dudley Dooright

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought about PMing this to you Pantsface, but decided It'd be fairer if I say it out in the open, as everything else I have said to you has been public so far.
As one of your more vehement objectors in this situation, I feel I should post some sort of retraction - to a degree. Knowing the back story makes this a little less "black and white" in my mind, but it is still firmly lodged in a "grey area" for me. I feel that while it may have been less cruel under these circumstances to ask for the picture, it was still taking it a bit too far to post it on a forum that would associate such a "trophy picture" with a certain amount of humiliation. Though this wasn't anything to do with 419, this is still a baiting site, and while I can't speak for anyone else, when I see something like that I associate it with said humiliation. If you outright said you had this guys permission to post the picture, I wouldn't really have had any issue to speak of, but as it is, you yourself say "I doubt very much he'd have a problem with it.". Within that doubt lies my problem with it.
As I stated yesterday, I have no problem with you personally, and I'm sure you didn't have any sinister intent in any of this, but we all have our heroes and would be pretty dimayed if we felt our hero had essentially ridiculed us in public - I'm not saying thats what you tried to do, I'm just saying it could be taken that way.
Anyway, I hope I've made sense, I didn't sleep well last night, and I'm a bit grumpy, so hopefully nothing I've said can be taken the wrong way. Sad

"Please note for your information i am not boner,my name is bona Williams." - Reminded me of Shiver's "Ahoy Matey" quote...

"Maybe we should all just have an orgy and not worry about who belongs to whom." - from 419eater chat. This is what you're missing if you're not in it.

Kids, don't PostWhore for your Orange Name or you'll end up like me. Do the right thing. Donate.

Deaded Banks: Malaysia x2
pony Mortar x24
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pantsface wrote:
Although one only has to look in the trophy room or publish your baits to see tons of similar pics.

My point exactly. What I didn't want to see was a 'shopped version of a complete innocent showing up in the pic forum or on some other site. Mugus DO sometimes join, baiters DO sometimes give them things they can use, and there are people who will 'shop any pic they find into something nasty.

Had he posted the pic in the interpublic where anyone could grab it, I wouldn't have a leg to stand on, but I suspect he didn't.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka

Naked Mod pics!
star

Last edited by SlayerFaith on Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Pantsface
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^

I appreciate that. Thanks.

However, I still don't see how whether I had lunch with him first makes it right or wrong.

Zorro
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

/\ /\

That is the point Pants. You are considering your fan's picture to be a "trophy". THAT is where my objection lies - that and the title of your thread.

Why couldn't you have just said "Look I have a fan who has, on my request, sent me this". The whole thing would then have been just that instead of becoming what to you is ridiculous.

There is one way to find out if a man is honest; ask him! If he says yes, you know he's crooked.

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
B.L.Z. Bubb
Dudley Dooright

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

it doesn't make it right or wrong, but from the original post, it seemed like a fan that had emailed you, and you asked for the pic, not someone you have met, talked to, laughed with and so on. Like you say, it may be one of those things where you had to see and hear the whole thing.

It doesn't change my opinion about posting the picture by the way.

"Please note for your information i am not boner,my name is bona Williams." - Reminded me of Shiver's "Ahoy Matey" quote...

"Maybe we should all just have an orgy and not worry about who belongs to whom." - from 419eater chat. This is what you're missing if you're not in it.

Kids, don't PostWhore for your Orange Name or you'll end up like me. Do the right thing. Donate.

Deaded Banks: Malaysia x2
pony Mortar x24
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pantsface wrote:
However, I still don't see how whether I had lunch with him first makes it right or wrong.

May I assume that wasn't directed at my post? Wink

Naked Mod pics!
star
Pantsface
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Zorro

I really don't see the difference between what I wrote, and what you suggested I should have written. I guess in the future Ill choose my words more carefully.

Objection to the picture being posted to be re-used i can understand to a degree. But everyone's initial objection was just to me being "cruel."

Zen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Whether something like this is funny or cruel depends largely on how the "victim" would react if he knew. Those of us who think he would be upset or just plain confused will tend to think you were cruel. Those who think he might take it in good humour (and in the spirit I think you intended) will tend to think it's funny. Of course, none of us have met him so we can't predict his reaction, but we suspect that you don't know him well enough either, as you seem reluctant to share the "joke" with him.

Warned you're writing to a scammer? Just say "Thanks, I'm a baiter" (ScamWarners.com)
419eater FAQ/rules: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846
"Tell me what you want to do
And I can make it up for you
And lie" Ticket to Lie, by Texas
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pantsface wrote:
This has gotten ridiculous.

Agree. It's posted in general folks. Nothing to do with baiting.....just someone having a bit of fun. I honestly don't think any harm was done. The only issue I see is that the guy may not want it posted here.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with lotto.

Smile

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Pantsface
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I emailed the fan. this is what he said..

Quote:
I did not think you were trying to be malicious or mean in any way. I
assumed it was for fun.. You had my attention on ****** songs i wanted..
and I did what you asked that's all. We both got what we wanted

Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You did the right thing just like I knew you would. Wink

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Pantsface
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

and he even comes back for more

Quote:
what else do you have or that of which you are willing to share for a
cost..??? i am willing to trade YOUR CHOICE of my 50 + karaoke videos ( yes
me singing absolute crap) for any thing else you may have !! a great
opportunity to get to know me better.. or maybe just get a little more
satisfaction form my love of *****.. later

B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pants,

B. A. Ware wrote:
It's just good fun between a couple of guys.

I stick by that statement.
Zen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Pants - I'm glad the fan took it in the spirit you intended it.

On a more general note, we do occasionally get people here who decide to bait their ex-girlfriends, unpopular work colleagues, etc. We don't approve of that, for obvious reasons. I suspect that this antipathy towards non-419 baiting is what triggered the negative responses in this thread.

Warned you're writing to a scammer? Just say "Thanks, I'm a baiter" (ScamWarners.com)
419eater FAQ/rules: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846
"Tell me what you want to do
And I can make it up for you
And lie" Ticket to Lie, by Texas
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic