SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Someone please give me advice -IMPORTANT

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Dupes
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been baiting a scammer for about six months now. I made him fill out various wacky forms but he has not been able to recieve the money of course. He gave me the contact information of a man in Ohio he wants me to send the money too, who will in turn send the money to him.

I called the man in Ohio today. He is not a Nigerian. He didn't know what I was talking about until I explained it to him and he told me that he has been talking to a girl in Nigeria (his lady friend as he put it) who said that her friend was the guy I am baiting. I am pretty sure that the man I talked to was a victim they are just using to send money through. He told me he has been supporting her for over two years now by sending her money. I am pretty positive that this guy is a victim.

Should I risk the bait and tell the guy he is being scammed? I don't think he is a member of their gang. If he is, then I'll ruin it, but I won't feel right about letting a victim spend more money on these idiots. I think I'm going to call him again and explain 419 to him. I need some fellow baiters advice though.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This guy certainly sounds like a victim. And yes, he needs to be warned about what is really going on. You might want to contact a mod about this and let one of them talk to the victim, especially one of the female mods (lotta).

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Absolutely.

By all means pass the info to one of us and we will make sure he is warned, if you want.

If you are comfortable doing so, you can also warn him yourself- you've already spoken with him, and it may come easier coming from you; If you wish to go that route, again, please contact one of us and we can provide some guidance and make suggestions about some helpful victim sites to refer him to.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Dupes
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just got off the phone with him. He seems like a good man. This is how it is: The guy is not being scammed. The person who he sends money to is actually someone he knows and served with in the Peace Corps a long time ago, and I guess the scammer I am baiting asked a favor from this person in Nigeria to recieve some money.

The man seemed generally concerned when I told him about 419 scamming, and when I called him originally he even told me it seemed funny I was sending money to guy I've never met in person.

So this is how I sum it up: The scammer knows this person in Nigeria. He asked this person to recieve money on his behalf from his friend in Ohio. Whether or not they knew the money being sent was from fraud purposes I don't know, but the guy in Ohio seemed generally concerned and even told me to call my local authorities and cease contact with the scammer. He didn't even know what 419 was.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You're sure this bloke in Ohio isn't a scammer himself?

I mean, he may be playing all coy and innocent and pretending that he has this friend from the peace corps etc to make you more comfortable in sending your money to him instead of sending it to some anonymous guy in nigeria.

think about it from the victims perspective... you speak to a guy like that on the phone and then suddenly you're re-assured: the guy sounds friendly, naive and trust worthy.

Just some thoughts to colour your thinking. It's always a possibility.
KeyserSoze
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ NO, I doubt it

Quote:
but the guy in Ohio seemed generally concerned and even told me to call my local authorities and cease contact with the scammer

A scammer wouldn't say that. The conversation would have gone much differently if the guy had actually been in on the scam.

Safari Safari "WE HAVE REALLY SUFFERED GREATLY ON THIS 23 HOURS TRIP FROM IBADAN TO YOLA AND FINALLY TO MADUGURI. IT WAS A SERIOUS TERIBLE JOURNEY." - Kenny the healer - aprox 2500 miles

"I have worn your soul and I will Auction it to the land of the dead before 2 weeks. I laugh at your stupidity. I shall drink my early morning tea with your skull in the land of the dead by two weeks from now" - Cassidy the photographer -

pony pony Mortar x10
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It sounds like the Ohio guy was a mule.
Quote:
This is how it is: The guy is not being scammed.

Yes, he is being scammed. If he is receiving money from victims and passing it on to scammers, then he will shortly find himself in a shitload of trouble. When one or more victims twig to the scam and tell the police exactly who they sent the money to, he will mostly likely get a uniformed knock on his door.

I don't know if his Peace Corps friend is involved or not. It could very well be that he is also a victim of this scammer.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Dupes
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If a mod wants to call and talk to this guy let me know and I'll give them the contact information. Maybe the guy is apart of the scamming clique, maybe he is just a mule, he did seem concerned before I dropped the act when I told him I didn't know the guy I was sendin the money to personally.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just reread, and I'm getting a sick feeling:
Dupes wrote:
The person who he sends money to is actually someone he knows and served with in the Peace Corps a long time ago

Dupes wrote:
he has been talking to a girl in Nigeria (his lady friend as he put it) who said that her friend was the guy I am baiting... He told me he has been supporting her for over two years now by sending her money.

This does NOT sound good.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Dionysius
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ There are possibly quite a few inconsistencies in the story. Alarm bells should be ringing with this. Send it off to a mod for their take on it.

RIP - Lad vampire and muguito were the gifts that kept on leeching. Greatly missed.

Information about Scams and their effects with great trophies - http://www.scam-info-links.info/ from Scam Patroller - http://www.romancescambaiter.com/ from wayne
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic