SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My lad is scamming someone...HE'S BACK!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Stoker Thompson
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

jose_cuervo wrote:
/\/\/\ FFS, DON'T CLOSE LAD ADDYS! There is a little icon in a lot of sig lines that would not be there if the lad's box had been closed.

If true, by all means wait. I am under the impression that there is no action pending against this lad other than what we can 'scratch up'.
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

First, let me make it clear that I've never suggested that we close the lad's email addy down! Like Gomer says, this lad's addy, and my (hopefully) ongoing bait with it, is my only connection to the vic. If I lose touch with the lad, then there is NO possibility to ever find the vic.

All I ever wanted to do is try to manipulate the lad into somehow revealing the vic's email addy, so he can be warned...but not by me, as that's not my area of expertise. If lightning strikes and I actually am able to somehow get Mick's email address, my intention has always been to pass it on to the mods, who know far more about that then I do.

I did suggest at one point it might be a good idea for me to obtain his bank account info, and pass it on to Alan to have him shut the account down. Or perhaps it can be used to find the scammer? I don't know...that part's beyond me. If Psychidelic's email to him doesn't make him twig on Anita, then I'm expecting to get his account info soon...and it's another potential way to find and/or save the vic.

In any case, I do hope nobody else is planning on plunging half-cocked into my bait. I've given all the info to the mods, I'm going to try to keep him on the line through my character, and please, lets all leave it at that for now.

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

crossfire wrote:
Please don,t close any account, alan may still be working on this, I received bank accounts from the scammer and sent alan the accounts plus scam letter.

This is reason enough to leave the email account alone.
[Edit]- Cachuma posted at the same time I did. Since a KEEP OFF has been requested, I hope all members will adhere to it.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star

Last edited by SlayerFaith on Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And perhaps it bears re-iteration:

PLEASE don't go plunging willy-nilly into someone else's bait without talking to them first!

Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

yeah when I saw psy's post about acting as a freind of micks I thought
oh o spagetio,

good luck cachuma

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
Psychedelic_Ni
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I do sincerely hope things get ironed out... especially for Mick... I've felt like shit all day because of my bad move... right now there is a big long list of shouldas, wouldas and couldas.... I can't believe I could be so stupid as to jump blindly into this whole thing. I should've given it more time... etc.

Again, for the umpteenth time, I'll PM cachuma if something happens. I'm gonna duck out of this conversation until then.
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Stoker Thompson wrote:
I am under the impression that there is no action pending against this lad other than what we can 'scratch up'.

How can anyone know what is happening with a lad at any given moment? They can't.

I had no idea that my lad was going to be arrested until I received an email from the EFCC. They are not going to call you, ask about the family, get your opinion about the lad and ask if you think he might be a criminal. For all they know, you are just another victim that will warn the lad because his getting arrested would come between you and your "millions".

Sorry Cahuma, I didn't think you were going to shut down the lad's addy, I was just tired of hearing "shut it down - shut it down" after four baiters and a mod had so clearly explained why it wouldn't do any good.

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
defactomonkey
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well we can always hope Mick is another scambaiter. Who knows maybe he is frantically trying to get your email to warn you about this after being sent something that was intended for you.
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't beat yourself up about it Psychedelic_Ni. I am sure no one believes you had anything other than the best of intentions. You didn't know, but now you do, so you move on a little wiser for the experience.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Saint Arnold
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^^^ Good thoughts from Gomer - Psychedelic_Ni, don't worry about it anymore. Hopefully it's been a learning experience for everyone.

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I keep hoping that one day a responsible email provider, instead of putting adverts at the bottom of emails will put 419 warnings. This may actually stop some people from getting scammed.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I suspect he twigged. I haven't heard from him since yesterday, and he's never gone this long without emailing me. Especially now that he thought he was so close to getting the money.

I'll try to prod him to respond and see what happens. Maybe I'll tell him I found the MTCN numbers...that might get him to reply.

Psychidelic, any word back?

Psychedelic_Ni
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm afraid I haven't heard from him... I emailed him yesterday morning... give it at least until tonight (IE: 8hrs ish from now) .
Foss
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Umm... this only just popped into my head, and may be a little late, but couldn't you make an attempt to intercept the entire scam. Set up a new email address with Micks name, email the lad saying that you've changed email addresses, and see if he starts sending it to you.

Of course, if Mick emails him back, the wholee thing will be ruined, but it may be worth a crack.
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^Foss, that was a suggestion that came up before and intially Cachuma was going to try that. The problem here is also that scammers are usually in connection with their victims over telephone and quite frankly, I have little doubt that is the case here as well. As pointed out before, this guy Mick paid before, so the scammer will know him pretty well.

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
Foss
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Though as much. What we really need to do is recruit people working for yahoo, gmail, etc.

Then they can shut it down for us and steal confidential information. That'd be tops.
HitchHiker
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My 2p for what its worth:

A point that no-one has raised as far as I can see...

Could Mick be a baiter from another site rather than a victim?
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^And get fired in the process??? I'm afraid to say that dream won't come true, even when you have the contacts. I doubt people over at yahoo or gmail have the right to read mails and snoop in boxes. When you shut down an addy and again no no no no no, only with PHONE lads!!!!! OOOOO you send an abuse report with full headers so they can look at the email YOU sent THEM with the lad's email attached. I doubt they have the priviledge to look in the email box without authorisation from the police.

I know your heart is in the right place and yes, it sucks when you are not able to warn somebody who is about to get suckered in, but unfortunately the rules are what they are. We can only act within those boundaries.

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
Foss
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Believe me, I didn't exactly expect it would happen. But, it would be grand, and make our jobs so much easier.
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Prostetnic: Yes, that's been considered. In fact, it's what I am sincerely hoping, since it doesn't appear that I'm going to have an opportunity to help Mick, whoever he is.

However, it appears that we may never know. My lad hasn't responded to any of my emails. Although why he would drop the lovely and sexy Anita Dick as a romantic prospect is beyond me! Razz Laughing

I'm going to wait a couple more days, and if there's still no response, I may just throw a few emails at him from different accounts, using some of the ideas mentioned in here. Can't hurt, and you never know, it might cause him to screw up his scam.

Meanwhile, if anyone is looking for a real scumbag to bait (UNRELATED to my bait or to Mick), PM me for his address. Let's use up the mugu's time...maybe he'll be so busy he'll make a mistake with his real vics.

Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you want to check he's reading your emails and not just deleting them point blank then try this: http://www.readnotify.com/default.asp/from/glerdntfy If he is still reading them then there is the slightest chance you may get him back.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts

Last edited by Rodus on Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay thanks...I'll try that!

Began Steele
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can do very little, and your efforts are best spent attacking the scammer and wasting his time. If you think about it, we deal with scammers all the time and rarely do we know very much about their success and failure rates. This case is an exception. I think it is far more important to continue with the bait and make it as successful as possible without looking at what may be going on elsewhere. We all know it is, but this is why we are here, and actually we don't know how successful we are, how many baiters are on to any one move either. So , now you know why you are a baiter. Don't let this get you down, and work to turn the scammers small success into an expensive major failure. And "Like one who on a lonely road ..."etc etc.

And having once turned round, walks on,
And turns no more his head;
because he knows a frightful fiend
Doth close behind him tread."

"Thank you for making a fool of my situation God will bless you for all you have done to me for the past three months." [ With a certain amount of luck he will.]

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence
on those who would do us harm."-George Orwell.
Lose 10 kgs of belly fat an hour with our weight loss programme
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the pep talk. Smile I'm still hoping that he hasn't completely twigged on lovely Anita. It is Sunday, after all...maybe he's just taking a day off from work.

And if he has bailed on Anita, I'm going to start a new bait from another account. He is pretty gullible, after all, so I'll just make it my personal mission to drive him absolutely ape-shit! Razz

Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He's BACK! He still loves me! And he sent me bank account info!

Quote:
Hello Anita

I received your email and content Noted. How are you doing today? I Dont mean that i am not coming to Millie memorial service, I will come ok. You know i feel so hot to see the My two lovers Just dead, I am sorry for what i told you. it was due to my Fustration ok. Dont mine me. I know we can still make things out sinces Millie is dead. I am sorry one more time. I have looked at your Pic again It Look really Great.

What you have to do now is to send the money through the Bank account information below:

ACOUNT TRANSFER INFORMATION

Note: After you send the $7000 to the account you will have to send an Attarchment copy of the payment slip for confirmation. Hurry up and send the money into it immediately before the bank put a hold to your cheque. You know if the bank put a hold to it, you will not get your winnings anymore.

Just try your possible best to make sure you send the money today. I just really want this to work out, and i belive with my Faith that me and you have a Feacture together.

and also after you have sent the Money to the account. Try and send me your full contact address or you will come and pick me at the airport fine, Its still ok by me. So tell me what you think?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards
Joseph

The bank account info is going right to Alan. I've been pondering whether that's the right move, but I do think it is -- if we can shut down that bank account without the lad knowing, it could possibly screw things up with Mick and maybe clue him in that this ain't exactly legit.

So now I've got to try to keep stringing him along, at least until Alan can shut his bank account down. Because if he figures out that it's been shut down, he'll just quickly divert Mick to another account (this is, of course, a wild speculation that he's using the same account with Mick...).

So, any suggestions on how to keep him on the line, since I can't (of course) head on down to the bank and send him his $7K?

Oh, and isn't it lovely that he is so amenable to switching over to his dead lover's sister within a couple days of her kicking the bucket! What a fast recovery he made from his overwhelming grief. And I'm SO happy he thinks I look great in my pic! LOL!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic