SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Giving up

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
GoldDalek
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Right, here we go.

As of 4 minutes ago, I have given up. I usually smoke about 20 a day (more if I'm at home) so this should be fun Confused

A mate of mine gave me a really good tip for the hand-to-mouth reflex action. Get yourself a straw (white is best) and cut to the length of a fag and then stuff a small piece of sponge in on end. Looks like a fag, feels like a fag and if you try and light it, you get a burning plastic smell.

I also have a little Firefox extension that will be using. Every time I use the computer I see the little Quitzilla icon which if you hover the mouse over tells how many cigarettes you have not smoked since your stop date and the cost of these. The figures soon assist you to stay off the cigs. http://www.quitometro.org/quitomzilla_en.php

pony <---- because sometimes a rose just isn't enough- TS
Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts

Get a shiny name here - Internet Fraud Centre
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck mate Very Happy

pony pony Mortar x18
Luther Blissett
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ This FF extension sounds just the thing. I'll install it when I'm at home later today.
With the help of this thread I have almost stopped smoking already. Currently on about 4 a day (previously 20+) and reducing by one every 3 days. Plus, I'm not smoking anymore at home or when going out. This may not be the mainstream way of doing it, but I think it'll work for me...

Banks: Ivory Coast Netherlands United Kingdom Ghana United Nations x1 Nigeria x2 Law Firms: South Africa United Kingdom Nigeria x1 Misc. Mugu Pooh: United Kingdom China x1 United Nations x2 HYIPs: pyramid x25 Phonelad Websites: Cellphone x6

Donate the Nurse, the Eater needs Pants... Err? * Scamwarners.com * Artists against 419 * Kill HYIPs & Ponzi Scams!
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That little Firefox extension is great.
I just hit 2 milestones

1) 800 fags
2) �140
happy crowd

pony pony Mortar x18
Luther Blissett
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

clapping Way to go!

The cost factor of smoking is, in my location, unfortunately not much of an incentive as a packet costs about 80 pence (20 pence only if you buy the ones made in Egypt, but even at my most desparate I wouldn't smoke those).
I reckon, though, that the number of fags not smoked should provide enough of an incentive.

In short, the mission is: Number of Eater posts up, number of fags down! Wink

Banks: Ivory Coast Netherlands United Kingdom Ghana United Nations x1 Nigeria x2 Law Firms: South Africa United Kingdom Nigeria x1 Misc. Mugu Pooh: United Kingdom China x1 United Nations x2 HYIPs: pyramid x25 Phonelad Websites: Cellphone x6

Donate the Nurse, the Eater needs Pants... Err? * Scamwarners.com * Artists against 419 * Kill HYIPs & Ponzi Scams!
Kryall
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Congrats on the impressive milestone, Bombardier! It's always refreshing to see willpower prevail. Smile

Mrs. Vickie Barnes -- "FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE.YOU ARE PARISH YOU ARE DESTROY .GRAVE SIX FIT SIX FIT SIX FIT.SOON SOON SOON.YOU ARE MINUS FROM YOUR FAMILY YOU ARE MINUS FROM YOUR FAMILY.AAH AAH AAH LOSE LOSE LSOE."

Mrs. Ego Mgbada -- "To be frank with you, I never expect that I mrs Ego will get these shits from you."

pony
GoldDalek
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

10 hours (nearly), 15 fags and �4 saved so far and I'm climbing the bloody walls.

Going out for a walk now and leaving my wallet and cash at home so I don't get tempted. I'll probably get wet, but hey-ho.

pony <---- because sometimes a rose just isn't enough- TS
Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts

Get a shiny name here - Internet Fraud Centre
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mate, the first week is hell but once you get past it life becomes easier, make sure you got plenty of headache pills handy and make sure you tell every one that you "given up" not "giving up", that way its impossible to start again due to the fact that you don,t want all your mates to realise you got the breaking strain of a KitKat.
It is hard but so worth it, keep it up mate Thumbs up

pony pony Mortar x18
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't want to tempt fate, but the last couple of days have been unreal.
I've not even thought about smoking, much less had any cravings. It's almost as if the only time I think about smoking is because I'm suprised that I haven't thought about it (work it out).
I reckon I might finally be there.

That said, I'll probably be gagging for a B&H in 5 minutes because I've written this.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Same here mate, only time i really wanted a fag in the last week was this morning when i crashed the car (�3000 worth of damage Sad ). Smoking just seemed to be the natural thing to do but i refrained Very Happy

pony pony Mortar x18
Anti-419
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck...

My bro-in-law quit smoking by cold turkey too. He never lit a cigarrette since he started... it's been 6-7 years since he quit. He was smoking for over 20 years before he quit.

My sister made him quit. Laughing It's one of her conditions for marriage.

James Bruce: "Thanks for your mail and also your insult to my personality and company."

Baiting Record:
Trophies - 128 | 4 AM Airport Taxi - 6
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Safari - Sierra Leone to Nigeria - "...please help me ,you brought me here to NIgeria.take me out."
Mortar x14
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Treading on thin ice with cranky non-smokers with hair-trigger tempers but anyway....... some people find quitting easier than others because they haven't developed a chemical/physiological dependency on nicotine. It's not the act of smoking they need so much as the actual nicotine. However, for many smokers the 'pleasure' is in the act of smoking rather than getting a nicotine fix (although it's a bonus) and it becomes more of a habit than anything else. When I quit I found the first week or so difficult but I knew what my 'smoking triggers' were and so deliberately avoided those situations and it was amazing how quickly I found myself not even thinking about smoking, let alone 'needing' a cigarette. However, I do know how hard it is for smokers who have become dependant/addicted to nicotine because they have to go through a genuine withdrawal process. So congrats to all of you who have toughed it out and good luck for continued success.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmmm, everyones gone quiet Confused

I haven't smoked for 3 weeks, 4 days and 7 hours, saving 1,013.32 cigarettes and �177.33 .

pony pony Mortar x18
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Like Leslie Nielson at the end of Airplane, good luck. We're all counting on you Smile

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
Malleus
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I still smoke.

I'm currently on huge 500gram amoxicillin capsules trying to get rid of a chest infection.

That should keep you focused.
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@bombardier,

Don't worry. I'm still with you. I haven't really thought a lot about smoking recently so haven't really bothered posting in this thread. It's not a sign that I've fallen off the wagon!!!

3 weeks and 4 days? Is it really that long? I must admit, I haven't been keeping count, but it feels like we only gave up a yesterday. I didn't realise it was so long.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Poison Ivy
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well done you lot!! I'm quitting when the ban comes in (I think!)

you know the amount we are talking here is not a peanut .

U're a slot!!
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep, who would have thought it eh Very Happy
I don,t even feel like a smoker anymore, i can get pissed out my head and still not think about fags.

pony pony Mortar x18
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You might want to re-word your previous post Bombardier Wink

Shiver's scammer trophies.
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bombardier wrote:
... iv,e smoked for 28 years ...

bombardier wrote:
... I haven't smoked for 3 weeks, 4 days and 7 hours, saving 1,013.32 cigarettes and �177.33 .

I've never smoked, so I'm about �71,511.65 ahead of you. Very Happy

Hey, we're talking about one of these at list price!

Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

kleindoofy wrote:
I've never smoked, so I'm about �71,511.65 ahead of you.

That's a very sexy motorbike. Cool

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
Herb Sewell
419Eater is my life

Location: Atascadero State Hospital for the Criminally Insane

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Way to go, Bomb. I'm rooting for ya.
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good on ya Bomb! You've passed another '3' milestone (3 hours, 3 days, 3 weeks, etc). The next one is 3 months and you won't even be counting by then.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm still stopped from last August (yay me!) and I just installed that FF extension for fun - over �2,100 saved so far. Very Happy

I'm still finding that there are circumstances when I think about smoking - one was when I was away for a week at a place I have been to loads of times, always as a smoker, and once was when I had a weekend at a place I have never been to before, so I have no idea what that trigger was. Also, every time I check into a hotel, I still feel the urge to light up after I have unpacked. Most of the other triggers have just ceased, and life is more comfortable generally for not smoking. And I've not turned rabidly anti-smoking, which I am really pleased about. Smile

Good luck to the ones who are struggling, and congrats to the ones who are quitting. Very Happy

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Agi Hammerthief
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bump

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkFY_UyOh08

hug the trolls - maybe it will help them to stop being a worthless piece of trash

CellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphone CellphoneCellphoneCellphone Cayman Islands United Kingdom x3 Nigeria
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic