SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

an interesting impasse

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Background: I launched a check bait on the 3rd of April. I took a job as a representative of an art gallery in London. I collected a payment and then he wanted $2000 wired back to him.

I came up with a better idea: a bank-to-bank transfer. I did it that way, and he claims that he can't get to it (his IP traces to Lagos so of course he can't get to it). I said that I wasn't going to cancel my payment.

Then comes the Canadian Sheriff (IP traces to Abuja) which is detailed on another thread. My arrest is imminent, and the CIA is helping to track me.

Now the first guy has written back. Why won't I wire the money?

I decided to use their own situation against them. Here's my response:

Quote:
Dear Mr Harris0n,

I don't understand why you are having problems and why you can't take the time to go to the bank and get the money. It's right there in London, where you told me to send it. It's not like you're coming in from 5000 miles away to get it. What the hell is wrong with you?

My situation is that I am right now in hiding. Some dildo from the Canadian Sheriff's office keeps writing me and threatening me with arrest. I tried using my connections to get the son of a bitch fired, but the bastard keeps writing me and he now says the CIA is trying to track me down.

I can't risk going to my bank here and cancelling the transfer. Because then the CIA will think that I'm up to some money laundering operation, and they will have me arrested. If you collect the money, then they will have no basis to arrest me, and that idiot who thinks he's still the Sheriff will get off my case.

Why don't you take time out to collect the money and make things easy? Get your secretary to run things while you go to the bank. Is it really that hard?

I'm not going to my bank to cancel the payment and re-route while I am under the threat of arrest.

regards,

Alan Gr33nroast

It should be interesting to see where this goes from here. They brought in the Sheriff, and now I'm using that against them. They're probably also sweating bullets hoping that I don't find out that the check they sent is counterfeit.

No, I'm not going to get a safari out of this. A mugu isn't going to get on a plane to fly to London to get $2000. And, it sounds like they don't have someone there. They think the money is stuck in London, and I'm trying to make them think that I fear my arrest if I do anything more.

I'm now thinking. What do I go for next? Do I make them forge an order from the Canadian Court that grants me immunity from prosecution so that I can come out of hiding and then wire the money to them? Do I start repeating my demand for an ID from the Canadian sheriff? Or will these cretins finally give up and stop coming back for more of this?

As of tomorrow this bait, a check bait, will be 60 days old. I didn't think that a check bait could go on for this long.

In the meantime, I'd appreciate any thoughts, comments, suggestions, and the like.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Barry,

How about having a U.K. lad "chop yur dolla".

You could also tell the lad that you have a "cousin" in London that could pick up the money and deliver it to him. Of course since he isn't in London he will then tell you to have your cousin send it to Lagos.

There are ways to keep it alive.

Always,
B. A. Ware
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I always like anything that involves dollar-chopping. It must drive them absolutely bat-shit to think that they were thisclose to the big payday, and then think that some other mugu is enjoying their big bucks!

My vote is to figure out a way to get a dollar-chop going. Twisted Evil

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll go ahead and execute a dollar-chop, but I have an opportunity to drag this out even further.

Here's what came in overnight:

Quote:
Dear Alan.

I have talk to the canadian sheriff and i have tell them to hold on not to arrest you yet , the city is more than 5000 miles away from us (of course it is, you're in Lagos! - BK) and we are a busy company ,you should not need to stress yourself just call the bank manager in london if truly you send the funds and give him our secretary information to send our money via western union money transfer . afterall we did not ask you to make a bank to bank transfer , im writing you this message and i would like you to do what i told you , it will not take the manager 15 minutes to get the funds via western union and my secretary can pick it up in our next door , you have the secretary details just call the bank manager and he will do accodring to you will, or you can go back to your bank to cancel the bank payment and have the funds down to us via western union , failure to do we make the canadain shriff to strike on you , they have been trying to get you arrested and they have been going to check you atyour house , but i talk to them last night and i told them you will do accodring to what i say but failureto do so we make them to place you wanted and i would not want that to happen to you. i urge you to have thefunds send down to usvia western union today and email me immediatley the details so you can be a free man and they will not arrest you ... i wait for the details soonest .

Harris0n Br0wn.
Manager

Quote:
CANADIAN SHERIFF ( INTERPOL)

ONTARIO DEPT . CASE FILE 117

ATTN MR ALAN.

WE HAVE BEEN TRACING YOU ALL DAY TO HAVE YOU ARRESTED SINCE YOU HAVE FAIL TO HAVE THE FUNDS TO HARRIS ART AND WE TALK TO HARRISON BROWN YESTERDAY AND HE CONFIRM TO US THAT YOU HAVE DECIDED TO SEND THE FUNDS TO THERE COMPANY YESTERDAY AND IF WE GET IN TOUCH WITH HIM TODAY AND YOU HAVE FAIL NOT SEND THE FUNDS TO HARRISON BROWN VIA WESTERN UNION ,WE WOULD PLACE YOU WANTED AND $1 MILLION WILL BE PLACE ON ANYONE THAT FIND INFORMATION ABOUT WHERE YOU ARE .

REGARDS.

SEARGENT J0HN SC0TT.

CRIMINAL DEPT OF CANADIAN SHERIFF.

I'm going to misinterpret the sheriff on this one, and complain to the first lad that the sheriff is still after me. I'll also have some questions for the manager.

Oh, and the bank won't be open until Monday! Laughing

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
HitchHiker
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow A Million dollars reward! You must be a Mr Big in the criminal world! Laughing
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll tell ya, I had no idea that Canadian sheriffs had such poor language skills!

I must say, that is one bold mugu, to actually try such a rediculous tactic.

mantadog
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If they have been tracing you all day... why do they need to put up a $1 million on your head?

Tell the lad he needs to hire a more experianced sheriff because he seems to only have had 117 cases...
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ Well, I don't want to "educate" him. I want him to think that I really believe that he is a sheriff and that I am in trouble.

What's absurd is that this check they sent was for $6500, and I've now got a cool million for my head.

Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What's absurd is....the whole thing! LOL! Just the idea that any person with half a brain would actually believe any of this is too funny for words.

It warms my heart to see lads using such outrageous and patently unbelievable tactics. It gives me hope than any potential "real" vics would be clued in to the absurdity of the whole thing, and then maybe stop before they make that trip to Western Un......Then again, nah. If they fell for the original email, they'd probably also be willing to believe that a Canadian sheriff who doesn't actually speak English is tailing them. Rolling Eyes

Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cachuma wrote:
What's absurd is....the whole thing! LOL!

That's very true. This bait has been one of the funniest I've had in six months. Usually the check baits are straight, and some of them result in threats of legal action.

But this guy.....he's something else. I really ought to spend some time compiling the email traffic and to publish this one.

In the meantime, I've told them that I can't get to the bank until Monday, and that I'm concerned that I'm going to be set up for arrest if I do go to the bank.

JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Would you like me to tell him I turned you in to the Canadian Police after sneaking a peek at your e mail? I could use a cool million. And he would be left scratching his bawbag and goat yodeling, but so happy he took a criminal off the streets. I could tell him I found you in Nunavit. Which is what he's going to get. Unless I share the "reward" with him, Wink .

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ right now I'm re-thinking what to do next, after I stall until Monday. Maybe on Tuesday I could demand a trophy pic. I don't know.

I find that it's best to let the baits drive themselves. They may say something else that's stupid overnight, which will give me an opportunity to ask more questions about that.

Jervis Tetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Barry---

Somehow Clapton and Marley come to mind pertaining to your dual-scam sheriff, if you get my drift.

What a FUCK, for doing this i will make sure by tomorrow i will be in Washington and send the FBI to pick you up where ever you are by all means just believe i must do this and use it as a prove that i am who i am. I give you just 1 hour to take my passport out from that page or eles when i get to Washington there will be no forgiveness just take my word. I will send all boxes and documents covering the boxes in your name to Washington and you will be asked so many question and if possible you will go to Jail with my power i PROMISE I MUST DO IT.
His Excellency Ambassador Dr. Kwame Bawuah-Edusei
Saint Arnold
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is pretty funny, Barry. Keep up the good work.

In the meantime - you know, the sheriff is probably a reasonable person. Maybe you could tell the lad that you are going to call the local sheriff's office, explain your side of things. Of course, you are in hiding, and you don't want them to trace your cell phone, so you'll have to wait until there is a safe path to the pay phone in town. You'll probably get an interesting explanation of why you shouldn't call the sheriff.

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cheese Louise, this is getting funnier!

Lad writes:

Quote:
Dear Alan.

London is a big city , we have west london, north london east london and south london we are in hackney london and it takes more than 500o miles to get over to that place , (the hell it does! - BK) you have the secretary informations , by now your bank as not closed for today , you should run to your bank before they close for today and have the funds send via western union , the sheriif wants to get you arrested by any means as mr bill j0nes is annoy over you atitude and this is your last chance alan , failure for you not to send the funds today will make the sheriif get you anyway and anyhow and that is why they place funds on you to anyone that can disclose where you are , you should do accodring to what i say today failure to do so will be very dangerous to you if you are caught you shall be jailed . you should call the bank manager in london as well and have him send it to the secretary information via western union and you should email us the details immediately so you can be a free man .

a word is enough for a wise. get funds from your friends you should raise $2,000 today and send it failure to do so we make the sheriff hunts for you

Harris0n Br0wn.
Manager

so, I wrote back with this:

Quote:
Dear Harris0n,

What do you mean it takes more than 5000 miles to get from one part of London to another? I've been to London before, and it is not 5000 miles across!

Anyway, the banks were closed yesterday, and I am not going to ask my friends for the money. You have already been paid, the money is in London.

I don't care what Mr. Bill J0nes thinks. I think Mr. Bill Jones and the Sheriff are having a homosexual relationship. That's what I think. (The lads, I hear tell, are extremely homophobic. I don't often use that against them but in this case I want them further off script. - BK)

regards,

And here's what the Sheriff sent:

Quote:

ATTN MR ALAN.

THERE ARE CLEAR EVIDENCE THAT YOU ARE A CRIMINAL AND A CROOK IF YOU DO NOT SEND THE FUNDS TO HARRIS ART TODAY WE SHALL DO OUR POSSIBLE BEST TO HAVE YOU ARRESTED AND JAILED , WE ARE JUST WAITING TO HEAR FROM MR HARRIS0N BR0WN, THE TIME IN (my baiting state) NOW SPECIFY THAT YOUR BANK HAS YET TO CLOSE FOR TODAY , ONCE MR HARRISON CONFIRM TO US THAT YOU DID NOT SEND THE FUNDS WE SHALL PLACE YOU WANTED.MR HARRIS0N IS BALMING HIMSELF FOR HAVING A CROOKS LIKE YOU HAVE PAYMENT FOR THERE COMPANY AND TARNISHING THE IMAGE OF THERE FIRMS WE SHALL GET YOU SOONEST

REGARDS.

SEARGENT J0HN SC0TT.

ONTARIO DEPT CANADA.

That's embalming, you idiot! Laughing

I'll write the good sheriff later today....after I knock off a few beers.

Last edited by Captain Pike on Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Barry, do you have Skype? Maybe a bit later on in the bait you can decide to turn yourself in. I can play the sherrif's secretary, or some other baiter (male) can play the sherrif. Record the conversation and send to lad for further explanation Laughing

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Best check bait I've seen in ages! Very Happy Keep it up, your lad is a gem! Laughing

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LOL

your scammer said: "a word is enough for a wise". I don't think that's quite how the saying goes. . . . Laughing Laughing Laughing

Great Bait Barry!

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ima Baeder wrote:
your scammer said: "a word is enough for a wise".

If you think that's bad, I had another check baiter say to me "do you think you can eat your cake and have it too?" Laughing

I'm wondering if he picked that up from a baiter.

@persephone: no Skype as of yet. I figure that in a few weeks I'll join the 21st century and ditch my dialup and go DSL. At that point I'll look into it. I'll have to have some friends over when it's time to call them up. I'll also have to research how I would go about recording these calls.

Jervis Tetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Barry^

Here is the point where you have your Lad in the cross-hairs.

London. A bustling city on The Thames River. Uhh--The UK? Nope--Ontario Prov. Canada! See www.london.ca or mapquest.com

THIS is an op for you to size-up your lad, tell him of the beautiful view of The Thames in London you saw yesterday and see if he slips up and thinks you meant The UK. Roll with that if he forgets where he is based--which is not Ontario.

What a FUCK, for doing this i will make sure by tomorrow i will be in Washington and send the FBI to pick you up where ever you are by all means just believe i must do this and use it as a prove that i am who i am. I give you just 1 hour to take my passport out from that page or eles when i get to Washington there will be no forgiveness just take my word. I will send all boxes and documents covering the boxes in your name to Washington and you will be asked so many question and if possible you will go to Jail with my power i PROMISE I MUST DO IT.
His Excellency Ambassador Dr. Kwame Bawuah-Edusei
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ That's interesting, but I think if I want a safari I'm going to have to have the fugitive go to Togo. I could have his nephew or his corrupt attorney first ask the Sheriff if the reward is real. Then, spill the beans that he's going to arriving in Togo and that the authorities there can nab him as he gets off the plane. The lads would probably meet him there, rather than send the authorities.

perpetual_kitty
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As a side note, I actually recently read that there is a Nigerian saying along the lines of, "a word to the wise man is sufficient because the wise man can tell the rest from only a few words." (I'm paraphrasing and surely doing a terrible job of it.) So, what he wrote is the spirit of their saying, not ours.

I've been reading up a little bit on their culture so as to be able to more effectively work with them.

[/tangent]
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

These just in:

Quote:
hello Alan.
you are with the funds and the sheriffs and cia are looking around to get you , if you do not send the funds today you shall be jailed , i don't think you know london , it is a big city and it cover up to 20,000 miles you shall see what will happen to you today if you fail to send the funds via western union , you shall be place wanted and i hope they will get you arrested soon and once you are caught you shall be sentence to jail with hard labour.

Mr Harris0n Br0wn.
Manager.

Quote:

ATTN MR ALAN.

WE HAVE HEARD FROM MR HARRIS0N BR0WN AND HE TOLD US THAT YOU HAVE YET TO SEND THE FUNDS TO THERE SECRETARY , WE ARE WAITING FOR YOU TO DO IT TODAY FAILURE TO DO SO WE MAKE OUR TEAM GET YOU ANYWHERE ANYTIME SOON ALAN, WE HAVE BEEN GIEVN ORDER BY THE AUTHORITY TO PLACE YOU WANTED AND WE WILL BE DOING THAT TODAY IF YOU FAIL TO SEND THE FUNDS TO HARRIS ART .

REGARDS.

SEARGENT J0HN SC0TT.

ONTARIO DEPT CANADA.

20,000 miles?! Is London really that big?! Laughing

GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's more than double the size of the UK, so there'll be plenty of places for you to hide out.

I think a Canadian Mountie riding his horse round Trafalgar Square could cause traffic problems and then he'd have to figure out the congestion charge.

First he'd need to apply for an International Arrest Warrant and then get extradition, and you could counter with a writ of Habeus Doofus. I think you need a good barrister. Does the Lad know one ? Very Happy

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK gang, I've got this idea brewing, burt I need review and comment.

I'll have my baiting character's close friend write the Sheriff. He'll tell the Sheriff that Alan Gr33nroast has gone into hiding stealing not only the check funds, but has also embezzled his employer. Reason? Ole Alan is caught up in a 419 scheme, is hooked, and is fixing to fly to Togo in order to have the money it takes to clear the trunk boxes out of a security company.

Of course, Alan's friend failed to talk him out of it. Alan is going to Togo to meet with scammers, so would it be possible to have the Togo police arrest him there first? This would help recover the embezzled funds, and stop another crime.

My hope would be that the Sheriff could be talked into having his contacts in Togo go to the airport to pose as the scammers. Of course, what I want to have happen, is for these check scammers themselves to go to Togo to try to catch up with Alan.

So.....will this work? Any gut feel as to what my chances for a safari would be?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic