SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

'Secure Filer' storage utility for test.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Septic
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I needed something to follow up the junk-file routine and came up with a little time-waster that follows on from Gomer's 'longwait' utility.

Basically, this is a 'Secure Filer', a supposed archive storage website (freebie domain linked to my homepages at present) with the idea that any 'required files' are available for download via this fast, secure link.

It goes through a bullshit auto log-on routine, a download that progressively slows down (as much as I dare at the moment) and ends with an 'error' screen. This 'detects' an unfortunate conflict and requests (not forces!) a system restart in order to complete the download (or rather start the whole process again!).

The 'cancel' and 'close' buttons link to an associated 'cancelled download' page - just in case of itchy fingers.

The basic process wastes about twelve minutes or so of valuable 'internet cafe' time but if the restart option is considered, it could more than double that.

I've added some screenshots (hopefully) to give an idea but please feel free to try it out and give your opinion. It may well need some tweaking here and there. It works fine on my machine although apart from 'cloaking', there are no other inbuilt safety features added (sort of trusting no-one has the time or inclination to investigate too far at this stage).

If it's considered of any use you are most welcome to use it. If someone can provide a better 'home' for the finished thing, I will happily supply the necessary files.

http://www.secfiler-vault-100364.filetap.com/

(I have paid the small fee to remove the little ad bar at the bottom so if it's still there, it should disappear in due course.)

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm waiting for the download to complete. It's nearly done. I've got a fairly robust system so, with any luck, I won't get any "conflict" errors. Very Happy

By the way, the source HTML for the page has an address for someone's NTLWorld home page. (I assume yours?) You might want to sort that out.

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
Angry
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

PM me. I have a couple of ideas about how to improve it. Basically, if it isn't already PHP, I can make it so that the link will be whatever.domain.com/securedownload.php?file=123456. Then, the page will dynamically display, "123456" or whatever number or value comes after "file=". I can do this on the current host if it supports PHP, or create a subdomain on my freehostia account (so the location would be something like filexfer.freehostia.com).
Septic
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

With apologies - as 'Otterfan' has very quickly picked up an embarrassing security flaw, I've had to disable my 'effort' until I find a reliable fix!

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorted something a bit more 'discreet' that doesn't reveal anything sensitive. Now housed on one of the free hosting sites for now (unless something better comes on offer).

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic