SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My lad is scamming someone...HE'S BACK!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with fatbastard too. Get the email addy shutdown, if he contacts you from a new one(which he should if he thinks he's hooked you) get that shut down too, keep repeating ad nauseum. I know this isn't the way we usually do things but if he's got a genuine paying victim then if may just work. You could, as a longshot, also repot to Yahoo that you think there is a genuine victim involved. You never know, they may actually do the right thing and warn him, although I wouldn't hold my breath o this one.
As Gomer says, It is not your fault and sole responsibility so don't let it take over your whole life.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
419h8r
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Definitely agree with Gomerpyle. We as scambaiters have limits. But I'll say be careful, He might be testing you. Just to see if you try to do anything about the "e-mail" you received from Mick. So heads up.

It is written in the scripture that " thou shall not suffer a witch to
live"
-Cpt Br1@n to Fr W1ll1@m C00per, expressing frustration that a fellow lad had chopped his dollar.
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When you get the account closed, the scammer will simply open a new addy and bait from there. Will not inconvenience him in the least. With his email addy open, you still have a way of weasling information out of him by pretending to be Mick if you like.

I agree with the posters above you: without an email address or a full name there is not much you can do. You cannot warn him. Seeing the number of times he paid up before, he may even have been warned before.

I know it sucks, but unfortunately we cannot save everybody that comes on our way. Sad

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks everyone for giving this so much attention. I know I probably can't save this person, which sucks. I mean, we know it happens, we read about it in the papers and see it on TV, but when I see real evidence of an actual victim right now it gives it a new level of reality. I wish I could do something, but if I can't, all I can do is keep on screwing with this guy. I have to admit that my bait with him has been a wild one...I've got this guy twisted around so many different ways he doesn't know up from down!

I think I'm going to go ahead and at least give it a shot. What's the harm? And it might actually work, who knows!

I have two ideas I'm torn between. One is that great idea to play Mick writing from another email addy, saying his has been hacked into and whoever is writing from there isn't him. The other is to play another mugu, using the ladspeak translator, and tell the lad that I'm working Mick and to leave him alone or some such thing that might cause the lad to say something to Mick.

Y'know, I'm a writer, that's what I do for a living. I feel like I'm being challenged to come up with the best writing I can do, to try to help someone. If it works, I should put it on my resume! I'll keep y'all posted.

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
Psychedelic_Ni
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I, acting as wealthy a friend of Mick's, offered him a large sum of money to get Mick's email addy, I'm afraid this is the best I can do.

I feel so sorry for this poor Mick fellow...
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^Wait...are you saying you did this already??? Or is this just a suggestion? If you did this already, please let me know! It would not be good for us to be doing different and possibly contradictory things!

Please, everyone, don't send him anything about Mick until I give it a shot! I've got a couple of ideas, but if he starts getting other emails about Mick, then my ideas won't work.

But if you want to just start baiting him separately, have at it. He's a real scumbag and deserves all the abuse we can heap on him.

Psychedelic_Ni
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I did do it (Very, very sorry), but I'll stop. He'll be straight-baited from my other email addy...
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh.

Well, in that case, I'll hold off on my plans, since they won't work now. Please tell me if he responds.

It would have been nice to coordinate this. This might screw up my ongoing bait as well, since your email is coming too soon after I got his Mick email (which he knows he sent to me). I wasn't planning on doing anything for at least another day or two.

Also, I'm very close to getting his bank account info, since in my ongoing bait all attempts to get him his "fee" through WU have failed. He was just about to send it to me, in which case I could have had Alan shut it down...which might have helped the elusive Mick, if he was having Mick send money to the same account.

Now he might twig.

Oh well, my fault for posting his email addy publicly. I should have X'd it. Rolling Eyes

I do wish you had talked to me before just up and doing it, without any coordination.

Edit: Can ya please PM me the email that you sent? At least I'll know what you said to him, in case there's something I can do. Thanks.

Last edited by Cachuma on Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Psychedelic, and anybody else, please take note that it is not a good idea to use email addresses posted on this forum without consulting the original baiter. You can see above why that is.

It is the general rule here that all email addresses posted are strictly keep off unless the poster specifically mentions that he wants the lad to be contacted.

This is also why it is not smart to post email addresses you do not want people to interfere with Wink

pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
Psychedelic_Ni
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll post what I get as soon as I can... I am so sorry I screwed this up... but as I said, I'll keep you posted on what happens (anyone else baiting him should say something now, too.)

edit: I need to review my rules Wink
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

persephone wrote:
This is also why it is not smart to post email addresses you do not want people to interfere with Wink

Yep, my screw-up. In my haste to get ideas to help this vic, I didn't think to hide it.

Also, it should be noted that newbie baiters should probably ask for advice or at least talk to the original baiter before they just plunge into the middle of someone else's bait.

Please PM or post the email that you sent, so maybe this can be salvaged.

Psychedelic_Ni
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^anyway check your PMs
Saint Arnold
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's always a good idea to KEEEP OOOOFFFFF OOOOOOOO other people's baits unless you have permission to join in.

Chachuma - don't close the account. The lad has made one mistake, he may make another. But at this point he's going to be deeply suspicious of you and an account closing will cause him to drop you altogether. That removes any hope whatsoever of anyone helping Mick. The lad will be able to contact Mick through a different account, or over the phone, so closing the account will absolutely prevent any attempt whatsoever to help and will not in any way harm the lad.

My advice: PM the lad's email address and the original format to whichever moderator is online when you read this and ask for help. Then modify the title of this thread to include "Please keep off".

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Psych, the lad will probably wonder how you know about his communication with Mick.

Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay, well I went back and x'd out the lad's email addy, in hopes no one else will plunge into this bait. If anyone is interested in straight-baiting him, PM me and I'll send it to you.

Psychedic PM'd me the email he sent, which is as follows:

Quote:
Good day to you my friend... I am a friend of Mick's and I have
been meaning to get in touch with him except I do NOT know his
email adress. I heard he was doing some business with you.

My request is simple. If you send me his Email I will send you 50%
of my income, no questions asked. You will receive $ $154,000$ $.

Yours truly, Mr. Fuh Kwit.

Not the route I would have taken, but...so be it. Any suggestions anyone?

Edit: @Krona, you are probably right, at this point if I shut down his bank account, he'll surely know it was me. So I'll hold off on that for now to see if this can be salvaged.

persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Since I advised you over PM, I will post my advice here as well for erm.... future reference. I would contact our excellent mod team and ask them to have a look at the case. They have contacts in law enforcement and victim organisation and they may be able to control the damage here.

I would suggest, Psych, that you steer clear from this bait from now on. Cachuma has been baiting this lad for weeks and I think this should be keep off for everyone at the moment. Let Cachuma work with the moderators on this. I am sure a mod will be online soon. In the meantime I will push that report to mod button to make sure this gets some attention when one of the green or red names log into Eater today.

crossfire
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Please don,t close any account, alan may still be working on this, I received bank accounts from the scammer and sent alan the accounts plus scam letter.

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=872312#872312

Thanks mates.

cf

for your own good now you want to fuck up with me <[email protected]>
Osama Bin Laddin's hard Rocket [mask:1]<drmkhoza@unionplus>[/mask:1]
please send my details on how to reach you thanks <[email protected]>
PLEASE RESPECT YOUR SELF BY SENDING ME FAKE INFORMATION OK <tony_emeka>
Phish 1x United States
Fake Banks Killed: United Kingdom x8 |Nigeria x1 |Spain x1
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Perse -- thanks, I will report this to the mods, who hopefully can come up with some suggestions.

@crossfire -- I'm SO glad to know this lad is already on the radar! I'm going to do my best to keep up my original bait (which may be useless now), and let the mods do what they can to help the vic.

Psychedelic_Ni
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll leave it alone and continue doing my own thing then, but if he does contact me, I'll let you (Cachuma) know.
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Cachuma, can you PM me with the victims email address that was edited out of the email you posted, along with the scammers name and email address, plus details of his scam format, please.

@ others who have posted above, please not try to get the lads account closed down, it is pointless, he will have the victims email address saved and will simply mail him from a different account or contact via phone.

[edit]

I had to edit that, as I was looking at BB's edit to the email on page one and it sounded like he had edited out the victims email address, which I now assume was the baiters address, not the victims.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery

Last edited by Scam Patroller on Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@SP- Cachuma doesn't have the victim's email address. The scammer accidentally sent a mail intended for the vic to Cachuma's character.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^Yes, SP, to reiterate -- we never knew the vic's email addy. That was the whole point of this thread. While I knew it was a longshot, I thought I might be able to somehow bait the scammer into either giving me the vic's addy, or cause him to screw up his scam with the vic by saying something to him.

Now I suspect he'll probably twig on my original bait, but we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

As noted in the first post here, there is another thread in here that has been detailing this bait as it's happened. Of course, that was when it was just silly fun, before the real vic appeared. What I'm going to do now is post all of the emails that have transpired since my last update on that thread, just to bring it up to date. So if you want to see the entire bait, you'll be able to find it in that thread.

Here's the link to it, one again:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=111473

Stoker Thompson
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Right. two choices.

1, close email and hope the mark twigs.

2, work the scammer and chalk the mark up to collateral damage.

Both choices suck. But, sometimes that's life.
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

/\/\/\ FFS, DON'T CLOSE LAD ADDYS! There is a little icon in a lot of sig lines that would not be there if the lad's box had been closed. My is definitely one of them. I got a confirmed arrest from the EFCC because of what they found in the lad's box.

Why would you automatically assume that only one individual is baiting this lad? Go back up and read crossfire's post. If a baiter is near an arrest, which is not entirely uncommon, and some well-intentioned numpty closes the lad's box, the lad stays in the cafe because the evidence is gone! Evil or Very Mad

Although the lad would suffer the excruciatingly painful process of opening a new email account, and we all know how difficult that can be. Rolling Eyes

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The analogy is - what's easier to hit, a moving target or a static one ? It's a no brainer. The chances of doing anything aren't good, but there's no need to think you can't do anything Cachuma.

Having established that it is best to keep the account working and static then Cachuma's bait will help to keep that account open and functioning, and if for some other reason it closes, then there is a fair chance she will get moved to the new one with the victim, so will act as a tracking device to enable the scammer and victim's activities to be followed.

We all have the best intentions, but the world of baiting can get very complicated in this type of situation. Baiting isn't all fun and high jinks I'm afraid.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic