SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

how to tell someone they are being scammed

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
xanadugirlz
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was signing up at the gym the other day, and while doing all the paperwork, my husband and I made friendly chat with the man who works there, who after chatting about his life, showed us pictures of his internet love from the philipines, who has every earmark of being a fake/scam....shes a beautiful lonely virgin, speaks 6 languages, college educated, but so poor needs his help.....I barely know this guy, Ive said hi to him twice now, but i really feel for him, because he is in this hook line and sinker, any ideas on how to tell him anonymously????

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Get friendly with one of his friends and explain...... Sometimes it is better coming from within his own circle .... he could be 200cm and really ugly ..... ouch when he finds out ....

Mugu Reseller Russia x lost count Ukraine x too many Senegal x 2

When your finished playing with them, make sure you post all the info on a public website

http://www.romancescam.com/forum/index.php for all romance scams
xanadugirlz
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ya I know, and he seems like a really nice guy, and he was so excited about her when he was telling us....I will work it in somehow soon, and Ive been looking at romance scams site, and here so may point have him pointed this way....

Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A pointer to the links in my sig could be what he needs.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Get his email address somehow and the mods can handle it.
macweasel
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

maybe try and get the yahoo or msn id for his love. then come here or romance scam - or just google the msn or yahoo id. I digged around for the ID of a "girl" I was talking to on yahoo. Got suspicious about a few things but digged deeper once requests for money started and it led me to these forums.

Luckily I wasn't in love so had a level head about finding out more. If the girl comes up on a search then he cannot really ignore it.

I am sure he wont mind because if she is genuine then the checks will show that - a tricky situation, but if you warn him and he goes ahead anyway - its not your fault.
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He's going to have to be a bit suspicious to accept much help.

I've worked a lot of Filipina scammers, and some real questionable ones, as well as chatted with some very nice, normal, decent Pinay.

You can't cram this down his throat. He has to be a bit suspicious.

There are not a lot of reports about filipina scammers on the 'net.

Some show up at dotsilver.com

Recently there has been an influx of Filipinas there.

Did they look like 'model' pics?

Some are using model pics, and doing mass mailing.....operating like a Vlad. Pretty often you can find the real identity of the girl in the pics, not that of the scammer.

(check filipina celebrity sites)

Tell him DO NOT send money. Period.

I don't have a lot of time, but you can refer him to me. He has to be willing to listen, and provide info.

There are real ladies looking, but most don't speak 6 languages....

The common scam for filipinas is to ask for money for school tuition, medical emergencies for family members, rent,.....anything.

The favorite amount seems to be $200. Just remember, the average income there is $100 a month.

Western Union will pop up. There are other, cheaper, methods of sending money that will require more ID verification. If they refuse to use them....real suspicious.

Many filipina scammers operate openly, and with real names. Usually they are essentially beggars.

Some operate on Yahoo messenger and have many men come to meet them per year, buying gifts for them, maybe giving them money.
Does he want to be involved in something like that??

The Filipinas, and other asians don't fall neatly into slots like the vlads and lads, in that way, they're a little more dangerous.

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
xanadugirlz
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks everyone for your help so far, I am going to the gym tommorrow and will see him, my husband and I are going to try to get a little more info on the whole situation.....We do know the pics look like model pics, and he has sent her about $800 "for her grandmother". Im going to find out everything else I can, and than I think basically compile a bit of info for him and leave it on his desk, Because we dont know him outside of our gym, I am afraid it will be really embarrassing if my husband (or worse) myself were to actually talk to him about it. Thanks again and will keep you updated

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

yeah sounds bad. you're going to have to sow some seeds of doubt......

ask if he's seen the girls face on webcam?
there's no valid excuse for a real person not to show up on cam even if she doesn't have one
there are scads of internet cafes in the phils....all with webcams
it will cost a few pesos for an hou rs time

I've talked to hundreds of filipinas this way.

since this one is probably using model pics they can't show that face on cam it may get him thinking

he shouldn't have to send her money to go to a cafe or to buy a cam......hes sent enough!

you can say something to him like 'i talked to a guy who has a gf in the phils and they chat with webcams several times a week. he says it really helped the relationship develop faster and it was so nice to see her facial expressions.' etc

there's also a sentiment in the phils that americans have more money than they can use so its ok to ask them for money or cheat them out of it.

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
Ari
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ask him if his girl is talking about BTA.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic