SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scambaiting S0ftw4re

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Psychedelic_Ni
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey! what's up? ok first of all, I can learning to program a little bit and I have tested a program that is only 1 meg large, but can drop files onto a lad's computer that are excedingly large (IE: 50+mb worth of "0"). It could be masked as an ID security program which takes the lad through "explaining" what's happening. and leaving an "ID"

Please note: This is not a virus, nor will I be writing viruses or discussing them, (I have to be able to test the actual program on my computer).

Anyway, I'm curious as to if there is an interest in it, if so, I could write some custom softs for the... ehm.... said interested.

Last edited by Psychedelic_Ni on Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You would have to explain more about it. It sounds like it installs itself on the lad's computer. Called spyware/malware/keylogging. Anything like this is illegal to install and can get you into problems. And for anyone considering using programs from a unconfirmed source, if you don't have the source code to verify the claims, it can be a crap shoot on what you get.

Saying "I can program a bit" doesn't give me a feeling that you really know the ramifications of the program. It also seems to mean you wouldn't really be writing viruses.

How does it work? What does it do? What do you plan to get from it?

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
Argentino
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What kind of ID are you talking about??
Remember that almost all of these cyber cafe's use software such as Deep freeze which restore the systems on reboot, so it wouldn't be any good if the ID was meant to stay in the computer.

**Edit
Yes, sorry, I meant to say "file" and not "ID"

United Kingdom Spain Spain United Kingdom
Heeeeeere mugu mugu mugu....

---"...terminate your contact with usman Bello or what ever his african scammer name is because he is not real... Mr Charles Soludo, Governor"---
---"I WILL GIVE YOUR HEAD THE DOGS LITTLE FAGET. JOHN K."---

pony pony

Last edited by Argentino on Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Psychedelic_Ni
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Its not an ID, its a variation on the "send a renamed dll" technique (as replacement for fake IDs). the program creates a long string of 0s in the file which is labeled something like ID.jpg. No harm, no monitoring, none of that, it creates a large file, though.

<mods: if this is a problem please close this topic>
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
Ah, so its something along the lines of writejunk?

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you will answer the questions above, we would understand what it is suppose to do. Does it install on the lad's computer or just create a large file with zeros on your computer? You statement implies it installs on their computer.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
Mr Creosote
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If this conforms to guidelines and is approved by the mods, PM me I am a programmer. Sounds like it would slow down the internet connection a little but only really cause problems for the cafe with big files on their hard drive or as was mentionaed they'd just get wiped anyway.
Stargate
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What he's describing here is something that has all "zeros", but when extracted, it expands to a large amount of data, ultimately eating up space on the lad's machine. A file containing all "zeros" is extremely compressible, which is why the compressed file is only 1MB in size. 50:1 compression is easily obtained.

Personally, I consider this a virus. It may not be a KL, but it's designed to cause problems to the lad's computer, and I wouldn't recommend it being used by any Eater members because of possible legality issues.

That's my 2 cents anyway.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@drwho: It's what Slayerfaith says it does ("writejunk"). it does not install anything, it creates a large file...

anyway... I may report my own topic, and if this has anything to do with certain legal issues it'll be closed....
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Psychedelic_Ni wrote:
... a program that is only 1 meg large ...

"Only"? Shocked

Shouldn't a program like that be 14K tops?
Psychedelic_Ni
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ehm.... yeah, but the program I'm using is pseudo-compiled. (the scripts in the program are encrypted, and the 1mb constituted of all of the function definitions in the language).

Realise that this is not C or C++, I wrote it in a higher level scripting language (GML, those of you who know what it is, stop bashing me! I wanted to do something quick). Anyway, I'll put up a source for those interested...
Angry
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Filling up a lad's hard drive probably isn't the best idea, since you'll likely only damage the legitimate Internet Cafe he's baiting from. If you truly want to create a baiting program, here are some ideas:

Automatically log onto various webmail sites with dropdown boxes to select which webmail site and which logon credentials to use. Personally, I find logging in and out of webmail to access my various baiting accounts one of the most annoying things about baiting.

Manage a library of phony images, such as western union receipts, plane tickets, or bank transfer receipts.

Automatically generate phony western union documents.

Those are just three ideas I have off the top of my head. I'm sure there are lots more good things that could be done with some imagination.
Argentino
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

AAAA, the unfairness of it all!!!!!
On that corner we have a bunch of stupid mugus commiting a crime by even sitting in front of a computer, to them it's like a free for all, without worries...

And on this corner, we have to adhere to the law or we may get into some problems.

I wish we could just e-mail them an electronic nerve gas device, so when opened, it would spray mustard gas from the speaker grill onto the mugu's face and be done with it.. 419 scams would stop overnight!!!

One can dream, can't we?

Returning to the issue at hand,
I believe that this would not be considered a virus because there is no intention of data loss, this would only be just a big little file.

The only thing I see happening is the mugu waiting for an hour until the computer's resources come back down to a normal level.

If this was a democracy, I would vote "AYE"
Hey, come to thin of it, Psychedelic_Ni should run a poll on this dilemma.

United Kingdom Spain Spain United Kingdom
Heeeeeere mugu mugu mugu....

---"...terminate your contact with usman Bello or what ever his african scammer name is because he is not real... Mr Charles Soludo, Governor"---
---"I WILL GIVE YOUR HEAD THE DOGS LITTLE FAGET. JOHN K."---

pony pony
Psychedelic_Ni
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Manage a library of phony images, such as western union receipts, plane tickets, or bank transfer receipts.

Automatically generate phony western union documents.

I could do those. I think that would be better (ie: Help the baiter instead of annoy the scammer). Also, for the first one (about automatic logins, I recommend looking up AutoIt, it's an automation scripting language, that one is a fun one. I'll try working on that one too.)

@Argentino
I'll give that rant a +1 Smile . But I'm starting to have cold feet about programming something like that (I haven't sent anything out, and as of now, I'd rather not). I will however start on other things that are more toward the aforementioned helper side of things.
Angry
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I use Auto Hot Key, which is the fork of Auto IT that I prefer. AHK is open source, but I don't think that Auto IT is.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic