SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My lad is scamming someone...HE'S BACK!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been baiting this real pig of a mugu for a couple weeks now. (I say he's a pig because he was trying to get $7000 out of someone he thought was a poor, lonely alcholic widow.) Some of you might have seen this bait in progress...it's in this thread:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=111473

Anyway, so today he apparently sent me an email by mistake, meant for someone else that he is obviously scamming, someone named Mick. It sounds to me like he's got some poor shmoe hook line and sinker. Unfortunately the other guy's email addy is NOT in the To: list, so I don't know how to warn him! I have no idea if there is any way to figure out who this was meant for by the header...maybe there's some forwarding info in there, although based on my understanding of headers, there probably isn't. But I feel so bad for whoever Mick is, I just thought I'd post it here to see if anyone has any ideas. Here's the mail, including header and footer:

Quote:

Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: by 10.35.15.15 with SMTP id s15cs31144pyi;
Fri, 1 Jun 2007 13:45:47 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.67.103.16 with SMTP id f16mr1004870ugm.1180730747068;
Fri, 01 Jun 2007 13:45:47 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <xxxx>
Received: from web23409.mail.ird.yahoo.com (web23409.mail.ird.yahoo.com [217.146.189.94])
by mx.google.com with SMTP id u6si115574uge.2007.06.01.13.45.46;
Fri, 01 Jun 2007 13:45:47 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: 217.146.189.94 is neither permitted nor denied by domain of xxxxx
DomainKey-Status: good (test mode)
Received: (qmail 21490 invoked by uid 60001); 1 Jun 2007 20:45:45 -0000
DomainKey-Signature:snipped to stop blowout [BB]
Received: from [196.207.10.42] by web23409.mail.ird.yahoo.com via HTTP; Fri, 01 Jun 2007 21:45:45 BST

Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 21:45:45 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Mick I took the Bank to Coult
To: xxxxx <[email protected]>
In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-771316270-1180730745=:20335"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Message-ID: <[email protected]>

--0-771316270-1180730745=:20335
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Hello Mick

I got your email, How are you doing today? Mick i have told you before dont take things too hard on your self ok, things will get fine soon.

I know as for my self if things are Not working the way its Surpose to be i will get angry, But you will have to Note that this is the United Kindom and they take alot of process before things will be release to you her.

Mostly People who are Not from here. Mick what we have to do now. We must try our best to make sure this Fee they ask for is paid.

I will try from my own side, and you try from your Own side too.

I took the Bank to court today, Now the bank are signing a Document stating that if this fee is paid there will be no More fee to be Paid.

So the court has sign it, and the bank also sign too. We came to an agreement that if this is paid there will be no more fee tobe paid. and the Money will be transfer to your account Immediately.

Hope i am Understood Mick.

So try your Possible best, we cant give up.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards
Anord Still

---------------------------------

Oh, and something to note...those of you who've followed this bait might remember that he sent me a pretty graphic email once, and signed it "Anord Still". I thought maybe it was just him trying to say something sexy or romantic in his horrible English, but now it appears that it's the name he's been using with this other victim, Mick.

Hmmm....how can I use this information? And how can I help poor Mick, wherever he is?

Receivers email address deleted to protect the innocent [BB]

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.

Last edited by Cachuma on Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If the vic's addy wasn't in the email, there is not a lot you can do, I don't think. Sad

EDIT>> note to self, read ENTIRE post before commenting. Embarassed

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BB...whoever you are...thanks for editing my post above. I was actually planning on going back and doing that, but I wanted to just post it and get the discussion started, and you beat me to the job. Thanks!

Meanwhile...I could use some of you genius baiters to help me out here. I know I can't warn poor Mick since I don't have his email address, but maybe I could write to "Anord" from another email addy, and act as if I know Mick and somehow insert myself into the process, so as to make the lad maybe say something to Mick that would clue him in...?

This is a very unformed idea, but maybe y'all can get the gist of what I'm trying to come up with, and offer me some genius plan to help save some poor schmoe from losing his life savings to this mugu. If I can do that, I'll tell ya I'll feel like I actually have accomplished something significant, other than just humiliating lads and wasting their time.

Mod comment: BB would be the Moderator known as Breddan Butter. TS

Foss
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Guessing that you cannot contact his email provider, get them to contact this Mick fellow. They might actually have access to do it.

Can't see it happening, but you never know
DoctorPhil
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Maybe you could open an email address like [email protected] and reply to that email. If you pretend to be Mick maybe you could get some info out of him or tell him your old box is closed. Tell him you think gave him the wrong mailing address or phone number and ask him to reverify. I know these are long shots but I have seen lads fall for a lot less.

EDIT: I see you had a similar idea sorry for not reading entirely as well (the lads bad habits are starting to wear off on me)

Last edited by DoctorPhil on Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, see, I'm thinking something along those lines...but I have a bad feeling he'd figure out it was Anita (my bait character) since he knows he accidently sent the email to me. He told me to ignore it. So that's a problem. If he didn't realize he'd sent it to me, I wouldn't have to worry about that. But if he immediately starts getting strange new emails related to that one, well he'd have to be fully retarded to not figure it out.

So I think I might have to wait a day or two, and meanwhile get him REALLY convinced that Anita is real. He just expressed a glimmer of doubt in his last email -- long story, but Anita is the sister of my earlier bait character, who just croaked after being hit by a bus, and now the sister (Anita Dick) is trying to get the dead sister's lotto winnings. The lad is asking me how come I have access to my dead sister's email. I answered that her email account was sitting there on her computer already opened, so I just wrote to him from her account to tell him about her unfortunate passing etc. etc.

I got some brainstorming to do...and I'm open to all suggestions!

DoctorPhil
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would just try emailing him from another account and reply as Mick. I doubt he knows the mistake he made but if your worried don't include any of the email he sent you. Tell him you have asked all your family and friends and there is absolutely no way to raise the money for the fees. How about writing back from another account posing as Mick and telling him you are just a baiter trying to waste his time and money?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The problem is he DOES know he sent me the email by mistake. Immediately after he sent me Mick's email, he sent me (Anita) an email that included the following:
Quote:
I got your email and saw all you wrote, I mistakely send you an email which i was Surposed to send to my Friend Mick.

So obviously he knows full well he sent Mick's email to Anita. Which throws a monkeywrench into the whole thing. I mean I don't care about blowing the bait -- frankly I'm getting close to being bored with it, I'd be fine letting him figure it out -- but that would mean that Mick wouldn't be saved. So to save Mick, I need to keep his belief in Anita alive, while somehow screwing with his head about Mick to cause him to write something to the REAL Mick to generate some doubt.

This may be an impossible pursuit, but I'm not ready to give up on poor Mick.

Oh god, I just had a thought...what if Mick's a baiter? LOL! Unfortunately, I don't think so...my gut tells me Mick is a real guy who is about to lose a shitload of money.

OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sice I doubt that he checks the IPs in email headers, I say it's worth a shot to potentially save a victim. You might lose him, but while I doubt you'll lose him, you can always rebait him from a 3rd email addy.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
DoctorPhil
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ That does make things much more difficult. Maybe keep playing your Anita character straight for a few days before you write him as someone else. Good luck!

*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Reply as mick with a hacked email account.

"That account has been hacked for some time and I finally found your address from an old message I printed out. I don't know what happened to that account, I should probably email yahoo about it to get the old account back as I'm missing email addresses to other contacts, but I can't remember my old address because it's been hacked for a while now and i had it on auto log in."

Don't know if it's worth a shot but something to ponder. Try sending him some hoax links and stuff that would make him think he's being hit by a hacker (aka fake viruses...not the real ones *clarifying myself*) before trying this route though as you'll want this lad not thinking on his feet. Food for thought and good luck. Thumbs up
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Would it work to claim Mick is your friend? I blew a bait one time doing that on a tandem bait. You could claim that Mick is a closr friend and "Anita" and Mick talk a lot. Have the lad pass on a message for you to Mick.

OR

You could ask the lad to clarify that it is a Mick you know by divulging the email address to Anita. Just as a friend you want to make sure it is the Mick you know. Maybe you don't want to directly contact Mick because he is an Ex (boyfriend, lover, etc) and you wouldn't want the lad to get involved with such a scoundrel.

To get a confession of WSEM (Wrongfully Sent E Mail) is a good thing, No?

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Dupes
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cachuma, your heart is in the right place but unfortunately it is impossible to find out who your lad is scamming unless you have his e-mail password. Hopefully the person he is scamming is really a baiter.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^I know, you're right. I was just hoping to come up with some clever way to twist the lad's head around so he might say something to Mick that would put some doubt into his mind, whoever he is. I just feel bad to actually see evidence of a real person being taken. Then again, sometimes it's hard for me to feel much pity for the folks who get scammed. Sometimes I think that anyone who actually gets taken in by one of these mugus has either been living in Siberia for the past five years, or has a mental defect to the point where they shouldn't have access to money to lose, y'know? Either that or their blinded by a level of greed that is beyond my comprehension.

I might still try sending something clever to my lad from a new email addy in a couple of days, hopefully after he's forgotten that he sent Mick's email to Anita. I just feel obligated to give it a shot.

Fatbastard
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would say the easiest way to help Mick would be to have the lad's e-mail addy shut down.

I think you are looking for someone to transfer your aids sickness to,God punish you ther fool,you white beast.i wish you go and die just like your whole family did,ANIMAL. - K. Lewis

i don't want you to help me anymore because you useing my life like a rat ok. - Peee Ubanga

All l need from you now is to clam down your self please. - James Duma
Zorro
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Becoming Mick would of course be an obvious line to take but I'd go with Paranoid's and tell Lad that you know Mick.

Another possible course would be that you become another Lad who has Mick and ask your lad why he is making a move on his ("you" as Lad) meat.

There is one way to find out if a man is honest; ask him! If he says yes, you know he's crooked.

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmmm...good ideas! I like the idea of being another lad trying to chop Mick's money. I'm always up for a good chop! But I don't know if that would help me to alert Mick. The idea of playing Mick's friend is also intriguing...Food for thought...

crackpipe_charlie
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Another option might be for everyone to be Mick.. if this lad starts getting emails from 30 different people all claiming to be Mick whose email account has been hacked so they've had to open a new one, perhaps it'll confuse things to the point where it's not worth him continuing the scam on the real Mick.
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
I doubt it. The problem with "being Mick" is that there's a 99.9% chance that the lad is in phone contact with the real vic. From the email, this guy is in pretty deep.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^I agree,

This guy is on his 3rd or 4th payment. Sorry.
Tigbitties
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You could go with DoctorPhil�s suggestion to open an email address like [email protected]. Then �My email account has been hacked� as suggested by full auto.

Then tell him that you are getting emails from the person who hacked your account warning you off the deal and saying it is a scam. The person who hacked your account has told you he is going to pretend to be you to string the scammer along. Of course you still trust the lad and want to go ahead with the deal from your new email addy.

The lad won�t know who to believe.

Click here for Singing Lads and listen to the back catalogue for talented lads singing. Includes Bohemian Rhapsody, Postman Pat, The Lumberjack Song, Nellie the Elephant, Old Macdonald Had a Farm, Money - That's what I Want and many more.
crackpipe_charlie
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, I take your point. Well, while the idea of posing as Mick and saying "my computer got wiped and I've forgotten my email address" stands an outside chance of working although it does seem a bit preposterous; the way I see it you have two options:

1. Forget about it.

As much of the lads' time that we waste, the statistics tell us that millions of $ are scammed every year, and the likelihood is that while we're in contact with any one lad, he could very well be successfully scamming some other poor soul. We'll never know, so there's no point worrying about it.

2. Inform the authorities.

In this case we do know that he's tapping someone for real, we just don't know who it is. Tell the fraud squad the story of the whole bait and give them every piece of information that you have about the lad, and be content that you've Done The Right Thing.

I sincerely hope that some clever-trousers comes up with a piece of genius to help this man, but I'm sensing a brick wall.

[Edit: something along the lines of what Tig just said!]
mantadog
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

He seems to have already parted with a large some of money its getting to a situation where the victum is going to twig or run out of money... Not much you can take from the headers without his actual email addy.

Trying to bait him as mick frim anotehr addy is a low percentage shot but its all you have.

If we all baited him as mick then he would just mail the original addy after realising everyone is just baiting him...?
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sometimes you can do something, sometimes you can't - after all the basic reason for us being here is to help victims, but you have to realise the limitations of what you can achieve.

Shutting the addie, as always, wouldn't stop the scammer as he'd just open up a new one in a couple of minutes. I am sure they keep a written note of paying victims.

If a Mod thinks there's something worthwhile that can be achieved I am sure they will be in touch with you. There is an awful horror in finding a person who is paying money out like a gushing tap, and you can push yourself too hard in trying to take on the responsibility to prevent it.

It's NOT your fault, it's NOT your sole responsibility.

It sounds weird - but some victims like to pay the money. They get attention and someone who acts like a friend.

If you can work out some clever way to get info - kudos to you

otherwise - to be honest - I'd drop the bait and move on if you think the situation is sucking you in

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Stoker Thompson
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with fatbastard, Do what you can to get the account closed, reported as a scammer, to yahoo.

If the victim is twigging having the account closed might send him over the edge and get him to walk away.

start a few new baits with this guy ASAP and when he contacts you with a new email addy post it. It's the successful scammers that I want to hurt so I'd love to start working this guy. Evil or Very Mad
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic