SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Ethics, ITP's, definitions of, & what is acceptable thre

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don,t worry JM, i got a STFU earlier but chose to ignore it Laughing

Warden, we are ready

pony pony Mortar x18
luckey

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

foss wrote:
And that is the question. My argument is who is to define material. Harm requires a values based analysis, and you need to take into account the values of the ITP, not the values of the baiter when making this judgment. If you cannot effectively do it, then you should exclude the ITP.

And there is where it stops being a community decision, and a becomes a personal one. Everyone must set a moral compass and then live by it. Even if it changes. This board does not set rules about baiting, only guidelines about what can be posted. Cash baiting is frowned on, but no one will stop you. Posting about cash baiting is not permitted here. Are we really talking about what people should post about?

Last edited by luckey on Thu May 31, 2007 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey! I object to the ethics of using STFU. It just ain't right.

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bottom line (once again), don't do anything you are not comfortable with.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Foss
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Look, I'm sorry about the use of STFU, but I cannot understand why you are complaining about a thread being boring, and you've heard it all before. If people are willing ot post in here still then I am a bit unsure why you deeming it boring should mean that they close it.

If you don;t enjoy it, then using SP's arguement, why read it. i had the courtesy of refrainig to comment in the YMCA thread again.

And, as an aside, just because I am new in here, doesn't make this any more valid. Or are you suggesting that your views are more important than mine?

And JMRazor was good enough to insult me, then when I get annoyed and retaliate he calls me childish. I'm sorry, but last time I looked I thought I was entitled to counter someones insults, and as he requested I PM'd him in return.
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Foss

Once posts become personal attacks it's best to take it to pm's. Everybody else may not be interested in an argument going on in the thread. Wink
That's how we do it at eater.......personal stuff goes to pm's.

Good conversation on the other hand is encouraged. However with topics like this, you will never get everybody feeling the same. That's life.

Bottom line, if you're not comfortable with something, don't do it.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

luckey

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^For the same reasons religion and politics are not typically discussed here. When topics evolve into fundamental philosophical rifts, tempers flair, consensus is never reached, and the net result is to fracture the community. By no means should everyone be expected to nod their heads in unison on every topic, but when impasses are reached, it is often best to agree to disagree and move on.

Thus the numerous (if unappetizing) recipes.

Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I appreciate this forum for teaching me to bait, but I do not appreciate someone downing my teachers and fellow baiters. BTW, THEY ARE PRO'S!

At one point it is "To each his own."

After my banana split, I will get my purse and leave.

Hugs to all! Pretty Rose

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Saint Arnold
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What I fail to understand is this obsession with pasta. Sure, it's good, and a nice pasta with a good bottle of wine might result in casual sex.... oh, now I understand.

ibtl? please?

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Krona wrote:
What I fail to understand is this obsession with pasta.

If you're not comfortable with pasta, don't eat it. We could however discuss this for a while. Very Happy

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pasta is best with some fresh IP.

Just be sure to mix it in well so nobody can see it.
Malleus
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have 2 sorry's to say to Foss.

Sorry I din't understand the question you asked me, you assume they sing in a choir now? I'm confused.

And sorry, this thread was about a particular bait, and now it's not. I didn't notice. But since you know you're arguing a different point, why are you persisting in your persuit of me? You can't defeat my argument with one on a different subject.

Confused
thefife
Baiting Guru

Location: Soaked in Holy Ghost Fiyah...it tastes like chicken

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Foss wrote:
Can you show me any evidence to suggest that they were doing this instead of working. Or, are you just jumping to the conclusion that these people spend their lives singing in a choir.

I have the proof you seek. They showed up to sing didn't they? Proof enough that they opted to make the performance a pritority. Their own actions demonstrate their willingness to do the performance as opposed to something else at that moment in time. We obviously can't discuss what each one's personal motivation was because we aren't inside their heads. Again I have to say, the lad is the one who recruited them, not SP and in general terms, lads recruit TPs of their own accord, not baiters. In the end, the singers made their own decision to do the song. More importantly, they were not injured in any way by doing the performance. So why are we continuing to discuss such a trivial matter? I'm sorry but hurt feelings because they won't be singing for GWB don't count in my book. Whether all the singers are innocent, a portion are innocent, all are guilty, the fact remains is none suffered any damage from the bait.

I think trying to discuss the issue in nebulous general terms isn't productive. It's better to talk about specific examples and since this bait inspired all this, what's wrong w/ using this bait as the example? Or another actual bait? It's my understanding that everyone agrees we should have established boundaries (ala cashbaiting), but thinking TPs can be avoided alltogether is naive if not dellusional. WU is a TP, we send them there all the time. Should we debate the damage done to the other people waiting in line for who knows how long while the scammer wastes an agent's time for an hour or more trying to collect fake transfers? I'm sure the other customers have better things to do than wait in line while a scammers hog the agents. What about the people waiting to use the computers at the cafes while the scammer sits there all day writing to you?

Barr. Johnny Gawa: Hello Baby.
Let hope to make it more real for good. (+2 pics of him rockin his delicate underthings)

Pastor Ramesh:Dear Mother Guch33y B4ggs in christ,
...So we want repair our tached prayer house. If you would like to help us 500 dollars it will be great help...Now I am some pictures for your kind notice. I am waiting for your reply.
Thanking you. Yours in His service (+ Banner!)

Pastor Ramesh: I dont want any luxary life ...Presently I need bicycle. It cost nearly $100 dollars. If you give this it is great need for me.

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
Hekate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Perhaps there are those among us who are just not cut out for baiting, being of too tender-hearted a disposition?? And the others are right, this thread is just going round and round like a snake eating its own tail. It's cutting into potential baiting time.

We have on our programms according to the lay down rules to pay the Asians mostly the indians and malasians now and after that it may change. Rev. James Ucheomma

do you really think that i am just a stupid man like you,listen for the veru last time if i did'nt see XXXX after 24 hours you will heat your self.. [love scammer Chucks]

IT'S NOT I LOOKING FOR WORK.GOD FORBID.I CAN BE IN AN OCEAN AND WASH MY HEAD WITH MY SPIT. THANKS AND GOD BLESS.
MARK DOUGLAS.

United Kingdom France 2 x Netherlands
Cellphone
Safari See SP's Irish Safari!
Mortar x14
Golden Pith

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Malleus
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had a distinct lack of decent spam the last couple of days, I'd better put myself about a bit.
Foss
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lotta wrote:
Foss

Once posts become personal attacks it's best to take it to pm's. Everybody else may not be interested in an argument going on in the thread. Wink
That's how we do it at eater.......personal stuff goes to pm's.

Good conversation on the other hand is encouraged. However with topics like this, you will never get everybody feeling the same. That's life.

Bottom line, if you're not comfortable with something, don't do it.

Cheers Lotta. Unfortunately I didn't realise how it works, and in all honesty I feel that my responses have generally been in response ot other peoples attacks. that being said, I have been in touch with the relevant parties, and hope that its all resolved now.

I didn't expect people to agree, but actually enjoy an intelligent debate from time to time, and generally it doesn't happen enough nowadays. I actually acknowledge other people's points of view on a number of occassions, and respect that they have their own opinions. I think it was Voltaire who said "I disapprove of what you say, but defend to death your right to say it".

@fife

Fair enough. But it doesn't mean it was during work time. Agree on the general nature of the thing, however people were having a go at me because it looked like some kind of personal attack. And, I wish the scammer sat all day writing to me. Wouldn't that be lovely.

@Malleus

Sorry I confused you. I was under the impression that they were a church choir he recruited. Maybe I got that wrong.

No worries about the change in the particular bait target. Refer to my comment to Fife.

I have a feeling that this'll die off pretty soon, because apparently, that is often the way with these sorts of things. Until of course the next iffy bait starts.

Thanks for your input by the way. Much appreciated, and I enjoyed the debate immensely.
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you are noticing less spam, it could be due to this:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070531/ap_on_hi_te/spam_arrest

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
thefife
Baiting Guru

Location: Soaked in Holy Ghost Fiyah...it tastes like chicken

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Malleus I have 353 emails in my junk folder, do you want some?

Barr. Johnny Gawa: Hello Baby.
Let hope to make it more real for good. (+2 pics of him rockin his delicate underthings)

Pastor Ramesh:Dear Mother Guch33y B4ggs in christ,
...So we want repair our tached prayer house. If you would like to help us 500 dollars it will be great help...Now I am some pictures for your kind notice. I am waiting for your reply.
Thanking you. Yours in His service (+ Banner!)

Pastor Ramesh: I dont want any luxary life ...Presently I need bicycle. It cost nearly $100 dollars. If you give this it is great need for me.

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for that Foss Very Happy

star star

Frederick Fokker:
Dec 11, 2007

Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Foss, I hope you like our facility.

You probably need a little rest. Wink

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
often best to agree to disagree
and there endeth the lesson. Good debate though.

@SP no-one has mentioned your finish to the bait. Here's how I see it, FWIW: good bait which yielded extraordinary results. I'm jealous, and if I had a lad that compliant I think I could be tempted to poke him hard with a pointy stick far longer than necessary and I'd be on the receiving end of this debate.
I think the skill involved in getting him to do stuff now is declining, not because your skill is, but because this lad is so well and truly hooked (is he really successful? Hard to believe) and it is less and less satisfying to hear him do stuff.
Why the ending to the bait should make any difference to the ethics of involving ITPs I don't know, but your ending does, for me at least, hold out the satisfaction that the other choir members will channel their disappointment appropriately. And one of my biggest concerns was their attitude to "us" at the end. Sounds like you've got that pretty much covered.

As for some specific points above.. well, we could be here forever going round in circles. Some I think don't get it, some don't want to get it and I'm sure some enjoy a good debate, abstract or not.

For myself, when baiters start off with a lie, which we all do, it's impossible to then take the ethical high grond very successfully. I think what foss and myself have been arguing is where to draw the line. But with a sliding scale everyone will have their own place to draw the line.

Quote:
often best to agree to disagree
I agree Very Happy

Purple Flower
Foss
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

coronalight wrote:
Foss, I hope you like our facility.

You probably need a little rest. Wink

Cheers mate, but I'm only getting started.
Poison Ivy
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GordonBennet, not being picky although it may sound it. I wouldn't say that baiters start off with a lie, but rather respond to a lie in the same vein. There is a huge difference.

Good debate, food for thought on both sides.

Excellent bait Laughing I hope the bossy git gets his come uppance and is chased around the churchyard with woman wielding mouldy kippers.

you know the amount we are talking here is not a peanut .

U're a slot!!
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GordonBennett wrote:
I think the skill involved in getting him to do stuff now is declining, not because your skill is, but because this lad is so well and truly hooked (is he really successful? Hard to believe) and it is less and less satisfying to hear him do stuff.

I totally agree, it sometimes bores me a bit because it is so easy to get him to do stuff now, he's in so deep that he can't say no to me, what with me being the president, I'm not the sort of person you want to say no to when you have a lot riding on this Laughing, all I am interested in doing at the moment is getting him to make stuff to use up his money, better he spends it on materials and shipping than in the bar on booze and women Very Happy, I do have the Brandie character to still bait him through, though, I have to get his naked photos for the final insult, because once GWB has finished with him and he is a destroyed lad, Brandie will not be happy to find out he is a scammer and that he is also engaged to a girl in Lagos, so she might want to let everyone in Lagos see the photos he sent to her, hell, she might even start a blog about him and post the url on Nigerian forums Twisted Evil

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
chased around the churchyard with woman wielding mouldy kippers.
Now there's a worthy challenge for you! Very Happy

Purple Flower
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic