SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Can Mugu's trace my computer ?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
smartbomb
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ive only just started baiting and something weird is happening. I have created fake email accounts for my catcher andbaiter scams. Ive always kept my normal personal email addy a secret and i share my computer with my fiance.

She says she has never rec'd a 419 email, and suddenly 2 have came to her email address in the last week. I have never used her account in any way to get my baiting off the ground and I cant explain why she is receiving 419 scams. Are the lads able to trace which IP address the mails are coming from and route their scams to the same server ?

Please advise.

Ivory Coast x8 United Kingdom x49 Spain x5 Nigeria x6 United States x3 Switzerland Netherlands x3 Turkey Estonian Flag x10 Malaysia x4 Ukraine Denmark Ghana x2 Russia Indonesia Thailand Germany France x2 Benin x4 Togo United Arab Emirates South Africa x2 Australia Canada Iraq Flag China United Nations
pony Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts a few
Click Here for Free Wigs !

i am no more a baby for going through this kind of stress for 200 pounds. : Hammed - Another satisfied MT7N S3cur3 customer.
l will never lose my leg in Jesus name.......ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen l can see that you are totally MAD, FUCK YOU TOO!!!!! : Mr Yusuf
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Probably coincidence. Did she surf online, get on any mailing lists lately? Sign any guest books????
I wouldn't worry about it.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you are using one of the freebie types of e-mail, and not using Microsoft Outlook as your e-mail system, then your message aren't coming to your computer, they are stored on a web-server which you then access to obtain your e-mails, some accounts download to your PC when you view your messages others keep them on their systems. Most, if not all have virus scanners that check your message several times before you get to see it, so it should be o.k. ( doesn't always go that way though)
If you are paranoid you might want to search your PC for a keylogger, but the most likely scenario is for the addy you mention being used when signing into a guest book.
Don't panic...yet. But it wouldn't hurt to run a virus scan, get something like ccleaner off the internet and fold up a new tin-foil hat.

I'm not sure about tracking and removing keyloggers, it has been discussed before though.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
smartbomb
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Ima

No, she hasnt done anything that has requested her email details. She knows about what I do on here and is now questioning me about the security of it all.

I also put it down to coincidence, but its hard to explain to a highly cynical and dubious other half.

Ivory Coast x8 United Kingdom x49 Spain x5 Nigeria x6 United States x3 Switzerland Netherlands x3 Turkey Estonian Flag x10 Malaysia x4 Ukraine Denmark Ghana x2 Russia Indonesia Thailand Germany France x2 Benin x4 Togo United Arab Emirates South Africa x2 Australia Canada Iraq Flag China United Nations

i am no more a baby for going through this kind of stress for 200 pounds. : Hammed - Another satisfied MT7N S3cur3 customer.
l will never lose my leg in Jesus name.......ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen l can see that you are totally MAD, FUCK YOU TOO!!!!! : Mr Yusuf
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So long as you have kept your baiting stuff seperate from your real life stuff there is no way that one would have anything to do with another.

Do a google search on the email address and see what pops up.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
smartbomb
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks guys.

You know how it is, I could have told her 1000 times over exactly what you all said, but until she hears it from a complete stranger, she remains unconvinced. Rolling Eyes

Hellbastard
419Eater is my life

Location: Outside the Western Union office, with a sniper rifle.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Whatever you do, don't tell her about van Eck phreaking. Laughing
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My nifty addies that incorporate my name - of which I am highly protective, I only allow mail in from people I nominate. They don't get any spam or scam mail, at all.

If a person is so horrified by receiving it, then that's what they should do - or change their name to oygouygouuy and refrain from leaving it on forums and guest books. They can then use a free web mail account for other stuff.

My surname is quite cmmon and it would receive spam and scam mail up to the gunnels if I didn't take steps to protect it.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
lieu
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Renegade-Masterclass wrote:
Thanks guys.

You know how it is, I could have told her 1000 times over exactly what you all said, but until she hears it from a complete stranger, she remains unconvinced. Rolling Eyes

Sounds like my better half. Just give "it" to her good then tell her to make you a pie. Works for me.

i also called their customer service, they just wasted my money. - T0p3 Ad3mola
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As a double check I'd trace back the internet cable to see where it's plugged in. If it seems to be longer than necessary, and is actually plugged into an internet cafe in Lagos, then that's a different matter. Very Happy

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Another trick the spammers pull is to send spam to hundreds of common names @ a known address. So it might be another of your email addresses that is Googleable, and her account name is easy to guess. That assumes your email addresses are [email protected]

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thought:

If you have visited a website that the lad setup, eg and fake bank website, it is possible they could have your IP (if they bothered to look at the logs) from that?

Regardless, even if they did have your IP, how would they get hold of your fiance's email address? The two are not connected in that way, simply knowing the IP doesn't mean someone can see every email address you have.

Unless these lads are serious hackers (in which case you should drop the bait immediately) you don't have anything to worry about.

That said, i'm as n00b as you, i'm just regurgitating what i've read on here Very Happy (that oughta strike some credibility to your argument Wink )
JumpinJayJay
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

lieu wrote:
Sounds like my better half. Just give "it" to her good then tell her to make you a pie. Works for me.

oh yeah... like that ever worked :p i f i did that with my mrs, i'd be sleeping with the family dog for a week LMAO
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic