SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Are they fighting back?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
garydaw
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I followed the suggestion elsewhere on this site and droped my email address into a Guestbook site.I got a bite in under an hour.I proceeded to toy with my prey timidly as I am new to this.
Now I am surprised at the level of 419 junk arriving in my mail box.8 today.So is it a pissed off 419er who knows I am messing and so flames me?I don't see how my email address got round so quick and of course if they are seriously looking for my naive compliance then surely being swamped by so many makes their schemes even more transparent.
Bty the way my approach at the moment is to adopt a character/persona and try to get them to believe a small titbit of information and sidetrack them into being interested in my story.They seem to have no time for this and I am merely continue to send out theirr equests for documents,ids etc.But I hope to elicit sympathy from them eventually.For example I may say I am Nigerian mysef in trouble with the authorities-that kind of thing.
After I learn how to frustrate them in a psychological way I may try to incnvenience them materially.
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi and welcome Gary.

Good luck getting a lad to sympathize with you. Generally speaking, you could be a lad's cousin and he would still take money from you if he could. The lads aren't set up to try to understand you or empathize. They want to get you from Point A to Point B as fast as possible. They may feign some interest from time to time -- to the extent necessary -- but you're not likely to find a lad who is going to try to help you with your problems (unless the help comes in the form of you sending him money so he can process your payment faster).

Rare is the lad who sends you long, thought-out responses (once off script of course).

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Jervis Tetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hello gary^,

I'll ignore your various spelling mistakes--including the 'titbit' one--but said spelling errata really does get me to wondering. And worried--with all due respect, you might be a dedicated baiter at heart, and if you seriously intend to screw them over you need to get all your ducks in a row. This means NO bad-spelled words and illogical avenues. Look over what you put forth.

Not to antagonize--by no means---I have sharp scissors waiting to cut the Lads to ribbons for any crap excuse they send me.

What a FUCK, for doing this i will make sure by tomorrow i will be in Washington and send the FBI to pick you up where ever you are by all means just believe i must do this and use it as a prove that i am who i am. I give you just 1 hour to take my passport out from that page or eles when i get to Washington there will be no forgiveness just take my word. I will send all boxes and documents covering the boxes in your name to Washington and you will be asked so many question and if possible you will go to Jail with my power i PROMISE I MUST DO IT.
His Excellency Ambassador Dr. Kwame Bawuah-Edusei
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jervis Tetch wrote:
including the 'titbit' one

Perfectly standard BrEng spelling of AmEng "tidbit".

Sorry, what was this thread about again?

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
Ted Bullpit
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, I wanna see some "titbits"! Laughing

(this is kind of embarrassing, but "titbit" is actually how we say "tidbit" downunder... next I'll be hearing that the correct pronunciation of "tit for tat" really meant to be said "tid for tat"! Wink )

In any case, I hereby offer Jervis the following signature image for such an amusing and entertaining interpration! Smile

Image <--"Ted's Tidbits" awarded by Ted for an amusing turn of phrase! Laughing Wink

Last edited by Ted Bullpit on Tue May 29, 2007 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
mantadog
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you have money they will care alright, but lads in general have no emotions, they don't care if you are about to die or have big problems.

Make them believe you have money, and you are throwing it at them then slowly begin to drag them where you want them.

If you just want to waste their time and mess with their heads that is fine aswell. Just means you need everything explained in minute details dont go for anything too far out and see if you get a good lad who likes to do what he is told.
Afferbecklauder
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If Jervis were posting in Britain or Australia, his spelling of "antagonize " would be incorrect. Assuming there are a few intelligent lads, I guess our individual spelling could be a clue to our country of origin. I must watch that in future, it never occurred to me before.
I confirm "titbit" is British/Australian English.

I will send a photo copy of your draft to your state security agent with all your information that you are using the money to finance TERRORIST in America that you have received one already, and you also involved in the slept 11 attack.
NA BABA GOD GO PUNISH INA LIVES ANY WHERE INA DEY PLUS
UR BASTARD GOMER COS IN NO BE MISTER ATALL U SILLY
SCOMBERGS U NA DEY CUTT MY JOBS ABI.NO WORRY I NO GO
TELL UNA AGAIN,BUT IF UNA TRY AGAIN UNA NO GO WAKE
FROM SLEEP THE VERY NEXT MORNING I MEAN U WILL BE
MURDERED WITHOUT WARNING THE VERY NEXT MORNING NINFO . Walter Savvidez

pony
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Afferbecklauder wrote:
in Britain or Australia, his spelling of "antagonize " would be incorrect.

Unless he were educated at Oxford, where "-ize" is the recommended spelling for words derived from Greek.

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
FiveForces
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought about that with my first ever bait, I was being careful with words like colour, which Americans mispell without the U. However, a few baits later and I'm convinced they would never notice. For example, I told one of my lads I'm from the UK, and yet my flight to meet him flies from San Diego (I got mixed up). He hasnt noticed that, so he's not going to notice if you use the wrong slang. Some might, of course.

"GO AND DIE AND NOPT LIVE OK, YOU STUPID FOUL YOU TAKEW ME FOR PLAY? SEND YOUR SHIPPING INFO AND THAT ALL YOU TALK STUPID, SEND ME YOUR NUMBER THAT ALKL I NEED FROM YOU. NO NUKMBER GO AND DON;T SEND NO MONEY AND SEND HAVE NO PUPPY"
~ Bri Thany

"The whole situation is becoming ridiculous and absurd. Its hard to explain how a transaction that normally takes a few minutes to be concluded is starting to run into weeks."
~ Genesis Art & Craft

"you are treating me like a fool which is not supposed to be done"
~ Barryston Morgan

"I don't understand this...Its like you are playing on my intelligence."
~ Peter Roy
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Spelling, grammar, punctuation, phrases, expressions, sentence structure and use of words can all be very helpful clues as to who and what you are dealing with - though you'll only know for sure, once a Lad is off script.

My own personna Ludmilla uses twisted English to communicate, and it is surprisingly difficult to do convincingly, though dealing with a Lad, that is not a major issue.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Titbits are very much like making love to a beautiful woman....

I can spot our colonial cousins across the pond across a mile off by the use of certain words and their frequent use of the word "kinda". Ain't the English language brilliant!!!!! Shakespeare gives it to the world, and the world slowly strangles it.

Welcome to the Hotel California gary.

Quote:
I may say I am Nigerian mysef in trouble with the authorities-that kind of thing.
After I learn how to frustrate them in a psychological way I may try to incnvenience them materially.

Not all scammers are Nigerian and not all Nigerians are scammers. As for inconveninecing them materially, as long as that does not consist of cash baiting, which is not condoned here.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Ted Bullpit
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Of course, if you want to come across as being 'not too bright', a few mispellings and wrong turns of phrase would be 'Pa for the curse'. Very Happy

garydaw
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Now my spelling has got bad but I was astonished to be picked up over titbits.I am likely to continue with it as from what I see in the Collins dictionary it is correct and tidbit is US.
Actually my first attempts at scambaiting so far have all included deliberate mispellings.
When your eyesight deteriorates that will also lead to misspellings unfortunately...

Tommo wrote:
Not all scammers are Nigerian and not all Nigerians are scammers. As for inconveninecing them materially, as long as that does not consist of cash baiting, which is not condoned here.

I do realise that .I was just taking a chance that the one I was communicating with was as a way of building a bond.
As for cash baiting I was tempted down that road -but as an experiment to see if the tables could be turned.I assume that is what you mean by cash baiting.

Combined successive posts and fixed your quote coding. TS
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cash baiting is the attempt to solicit cash from a scammer, that is a definite no-no.
Getting cheques, credit cards, bank account details is a yes-yes.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
Les Noise
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the eater garydaw.
A few pointers..

Delete the stickies. Ignore your mentor. Suck up to the mods and most important of all post your I.P. in the general forum. Laughing Cool

I believe when you received your payout you will compensate me.... .. Sure Will..

Jolly Roger

pony pony pony Mortar x11
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

garydaw wrote:
8 today.So is it a pissed off 419er who knows I am messing and so flames me?I don't see how my email address got round so quick and of course if they are seriously looking for my naive compliance then surely being swamped by so many makes their schemes even more transparent.

They are not organised enough to think these things through and as so much money is made by these scammers it has never been cause for concern. In the mind of a victim, if they are sufficently hooked and dependent on one scammer to retrieve any money back their story is legit and all the others are scams.
Jervis Tetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@afferbeck--I am fully aware of the antagoni[s/z]e discrepancy and various other words to that effect. It tells me as much about the Lads as it does them about ME, but never forget that YOU run the bait, not them!

@tedbullpit--I have been indeed to The Land Down Under--where women glow and men chunder-even seen Men @ Work in concert in 1983--but a tit is a tit is a tit. The lad has breasts on his mind, needs to see some sexy photos a-la-Steffi Cox. Approach him from a new bait as a sexy, WEALTHY, wantonless gal.

Hi Tommo^^across The Pond--

Welcome to The Hotel California--'warm smell of colitas rising up through the air'...I doubt there's 2 in a hundred on either pond-side who know what that means. PM me for the answer.

It seems a given that Yanks can be discerned via honor/color/zed/lift/torch/bonnet/windscreen--but The Lads seldom seem to care when they think they have a bite. I cannot possibly pose successfully as a UK Subject and never do.

But besides my home USA here, I oft tell lads that I am from Canada [eh?] or Puta Loca, Mexico. And an Irish Jewish Rabbi--Oscar O'Mayer in Kathy, Ireland who looks amazingly like Mel Brooks as 'Tuchman'. This always satisfies them.

Ah my point--and I have one, Tommo--as you well know--- as the Doobie Bros said---"it keeps you running".. The Lads are always willing to accept you as you are for the simple reason you replied, and it's a primo op to be all that you can be.

What a FUCK, for doing this i will make sure by tomorrow i will be in Washington and send the FBI to pick you up where ever you are by all means just believe i must do this and use it as a prove that i am who i am. I give you just 1 hour to take my passport out from that page or eles when i get to Washington there will be no forgiveness just take my word. I will send all boxes and documents covering the boxes in your name to Washington and you will be asked so many question and if possible you will go to Jail with my power i PROMISE I MUST DO IT.

Last edited by Jervis Tetch on Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:27 am; edited 4 times in total
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi JT

Hotel California- you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Saw The Eagles at Wembley Stadium in London back in the early 70s. Elton John topped the bill. Also on there were The Beach Boys, Joe Walsh and Chaka Khan! Ticket cost me �3.50 (US$7)!!!! Still got the poster framed as a memento. happy days.

Tommo.

[Edit] This was meant to be a PM, but what the hell, so as I wasn't slagging off the Mods I'll leave it as a post. Laughing Laughing Laughing

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Jervis Tetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

HI TOMMO^^

You were at an Eagles concert in the 1970s--me too--Nassau Coliseum-- Joe Walsh, and Jimmy Buffett the intro act. I saw Led Zep there June 1972 and nobody was fully acquainted with the opening riffs to 'Stairway'.

Gives away our age to a degree. Hell, I'm 52, no hiding it on my part. I drove a NYC taxi in the 70s and ran into all sorts of scammers with tales of woe. Just didn't have a computer back then, just glib lines and a Brooklyn-Qns upbringing.

ps--Figure out the colitas yet?

Saint Arnold
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So, back on to the original topic, more or less - I haven't found that the lads have any idea about the difference between "color" and "colour". Tell them that you are in the UK, tell them you're in the US, or Australia, or tell them that you need a "titbit" or a "tidbit" of information from them, it's all good as long as they think you are hooked by their line and have money to send them. The only question I've had to face along these lines is explaining why I had a UK phone number (thanks, Flextel!) when my (fake) address was in Washington state, and that's easy enough to get around - it's a satellite phone.

I noticed this also in the OP, as did one or two others:
Quote:
incnvenience them materially

No cash baiting, no discussion of cash baiting - and yes, cash baiting is where you try to get the lads to send you cash. My understanding is that it was semi-acceptable many, many moons ago, but forum guidelines have evolved over time, and now the mere mention of the phrase is enough to get the nearest mod jangling his/her keys with an eye towards locking the thread. We don't do cash baiting anymore.

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic