SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scam letter using the US Military

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Dyan
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I received this e-mail today and was absolutely appalled that anyone would use the US Military this way. If anyone wants to treat this person to a little bit of their own medicine, have at it!

Capt. Andrew McAllister
USMC, Iraq
Email: [email protected]

Dear Friend,

Greetings to you and your family. My name is Captain Andrew McAllister; I am an American Soldier and serving in the US Military in the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiments, Patrols Tail Afar, in Iraq. I am desperately in need of assistance and I have summoned up courage to contact you. I am presently in Iraq and I found your contact particulars in an address journal. I am seeking your assistance to evacuate the sum of $1,570,000 (One million Five Hundred and Seventy Thousand US dollars) to the States or any safe country of your choice, as far as I can be assured that it will be safe in your care until I complete my service here. This is no stolen money and there are no dangers involved.

SOURCE OF MONEY:
Some money in various currencies was discovered and concealed in barrels with piles of weapons and ammunition at a location near one of Saddam Hussein's old Presidential Palaces during a rescue operation and it was agreed by all party present that the money be shared amongst us. This might appear as an illegal thing to do but I tell you what? No compensation can make up for the risks we have taken with our lives in this hell hole. The above figure was given to me as my share and to conceal this kind of money became a problem for me, so with the help of a German contact working with the UN here(his office enjoys some immunity)I was able to get the package out to a safe location entirely out of trouble spot. He does not know the real contents of the package as he believes that it belongs to an American who died in an air raid, and before giving up trusted me to hand over the package to his close relative.

I have now found a secured way of getting the package out of Iraq for you to pick up. I do not know for how long I will remain here as I have been lucky to have survived 2 suicide bomb attacks by Pure Divine intervention. This and other reasons put into consideration have prompted me to reach out for help. If it might be of interest to you then Endeavour to contact me and we would work out the necessary formalities but i pray that you are discreet about this mutually benefiting relationship.

Email: [email protected]
Respectfully,
Captain McAlister
Old Master
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

From lurking around this site for several months I am well aware of just how dumb these lads are, but this letter jumped off the page at me...perhaps because I spent a career in the military.

There are so many technical errors in his disguise that it's truly laughable...(aren't they all?) The biggest, in my opinion, is this: The lad purports to be a U. S. Marine, but then introduces himself as an "American Soldier" in Iraq. You may be 100% sure that no self-respecting Marine (and there is no other kind) would refer to himself as a soldier. He would call his mother a whore before referring to himself as a soldier...only a slight exaggeration.

I may bait this guy...been waiting for just the right one for my first serious try. The Marine motto is "Semper Fidelis," or "Semper Fi!" But with this guy I'm gonna change it slightly, to "Forward Marine Soldiers!" or something like that.
Da Mayor
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Another problem is there is no US Marine unit called 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiments. That is an Army unit. Slap him good!
hacker9
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No, don't slap him! Please! He'll get better. Compliment him, say you heard that regiment was great or something.
Old Master
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Da Mayor wrote:
Another problem is there is no US Marine unit called 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiments. That is an Army unit. Slap him good!

Da Mayor...ahh man...I didn't even pick up on that! It's even more obvious! Thanks for pointing it out. Very Happy
Hellbastard
419Eater is my life

Location: Outside the Western Union office, with a sniper rifle.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Since he's in a cavalry regiment, you should ask him about how his horse is too. Laughing
lieu
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I will be bating this fool too. Using the military is just above death threats in my book.

EDIT: Can we get the header info for this one please.

i also called their customer service, they just wasted my money. - T0p3 Ad3mola
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Third Cavalry served several tours in Iraq, but is now in Colorado. Their nickname is "Brave Rifles". Try to work a "Brave Rifles" sign into the bait!

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
PRNDL
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This lower than a snake POS replies.

I hope lot's of people waste lot's of his time.
I will be using several persons with him.

--------------------------------
Andrew McAllister <[email protected]>
May 23 (2 days ago)

Dear *****,
How are you doing?I just came back from Patrol duty with my unit.I read the mail you sent me and i appreciate the your kind and noble gestures towards me.I salute your courage in helping a man who is sincerely in need of your help.I do hope that i am able to become part of civilization again.I say this because i have faced a lot of horrors here and have seen my comrades and friends either killed or fatally injured.You begin to wonder what the value of human life is when you see people around you doing desperate things to kill their fellow humans.I do not know how to draw a picture of the happenings here and do not intend to start painting one as it wont be a pretty sight.I just pray that majority of Us here;US Marines,get to go back home to their families alive without any unpleasant luggage both bodily and mentally.To lay down ones life for his fellow human and for Love of Country is the Ultimate sacrifice and this i have sworn to do as a Marine Corps Officer but do bear it in mind that there is nothing that can compensate my family for the horrors that we the US Marines go through in Iraq.

I have made arrangements for the Package containing the money to be taken out of Iraq by my German diplomat friend who enjoys diplomatic immunity as a United Nations worker.He has been transferred out of Iraq and is to start work in the United Kingdom.My intention is to have the package sent to you from the UK via a Special delivery Security Firm based in the London,UK. The German diplomat is to arrive the United Kingdom with the Package any time soon.I would inform you when the package gets to the UK and brief you of any new developments. Be informed that the diplomat is not preview of the contents of the package and is only holding it in safe keeping for me until instructed further.

For this venture of ours to fruitful i would require that you provide me with any information about yourself for acquaintance purposes ONLY so that i can know a bit about you since i would be trusting you with a very large responsibility and entrusting in your care a huge amount of money.As regards this mutually benefiting business of ours i would am inclined to share the money with you in a 70%,30% ratio.The 70% would go to me and the rest which is 30% ($471,000) would be for you.I would like you to regard this as a form of pension for your honourable service while in the Army.My share is to be held in good faith by you until a time i would be able to collect it from you.

I hope to hear from you soonest with the information about yourself.Do take care of yourself and pray for the Marines who are fighting the good fight for Country and Humanity.

Respectfully,
Capt.Andrew McAllister.
USMC,Iraq.Respectfully,
Capt.Andrew McAllister.
USMC,Iraq.

SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If I may make a suggestion. For those baiting this scum, please don't slap him for glaring errors that might twig a real victim. Also, don't push him too hard on the military jargon until you get him hooked. Soldier scammers tend to drop people who demonstrate that they know quite a bit about the real US military.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Old Master
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SlayerFaith wrote:
...please don't slap him for glaring errors that might twig a real victim. Also, don't push him too hard on the military jargon until you get him hooked...etc.

Slayer...thanks for the hints; and I agree with you (although I'm a rank Rolling Eyes amateur (ahem...sorry.) But at this point I'd be glad just to get a reply from him. I posed as a former Brit Marine...no jargon, nothing...just a hearty "Forward Marine Soldiers!" salutation. Haven't heard a word.

Oh wait, maybe he's back on patrol. Very Happy
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Try sending him mail from another addy. Make your character an older lady who loves the military but knows nothing about it.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka

Naked Mod pics!
star
Old Master
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Great idea, Slayer. Never played an old lady, though...

"...and I'm just so angry...my daughter-in-law canceled our weekly shopping trip for the second week in a row! Something about her hairdresser...I'm beginning to suspect something; I just KNEW my Freddie was too good for her but I thought she would change once they were married and we all moved into the flat together. And ohhh, I'm suffering so from these hot flashes and I'm MUCH too young to be having them...and don't you DARE suggest I'm going through the change of life...I simply drink too much Earl Grey tea...I MUST change back to my wee glass of sherry at bedtime...but what's this...

...I've just received the lovliest e-mail from a dashing young captain of American Marines...in Iraq, I believe he said...oh, I must answer him!"

Fondest regards,

Mrs. Ida Notion

Sorry, just practicing... Twisted Evil
Old Master
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, actually I haven't played much of anything...
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

AuldDannyBoy wrote:
"...and I'm just so angry...oh, I must answer him!"

Laughing Laughing Laughing By George, I think you've got it!

Naked Mod pics!
star
Kryall
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@SlayerFaith: I couldn't help but notice that your postcount is currently sitting at a very appropriate figure... 419 posts. Very Happy

Mrs. Vickie Barnes -- "FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE.YOU ARE PARISH YOU ARE DESTROY .GRAVE SIX FIT SIX FIT SIX FIT.SOON SOON SOON.YOU ARE MINUS FROM YOUR FAMILY YOU ARE MINUS FROM YOUR FAMILY.AAH AAH AAH LOSE LOSE LSOE."

Mrs. Ego Mgbada -- "To be frank with you, I never expect that I mrs Ego will get these shits from you."

pony
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Moved here.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Kryall- gee, imagine that! Wink

Naked Mod pics!
star
Kryall
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah, and just when I thought I'd stumbled upon one of those rare coincidences that has to be pointed out...

I think I'll go take my disapointment out (in the form of an abusive email) on my current lad. Surprised

Mrs. Vickie Barnes -- "FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE.YOU ARE PARISH YOU ARE DESTROY .GRAVE SIX FIT SIX FIT SIX FIT.SOON SOON SOON.YOU ARE MINUS FROM YOUR FAMILY YOU ARE MINUS FROM YOUR FAMILY.AAH AAH AAH LOSE LOSE LSOE."

Mrs. Ego Mgbada -- "To be frank with you, I never expect that I mrs Ego will get these shits from you."

pony
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to disappoint, kiddo. I had my postcount rolled back and locked quite awhile ago as part of Tsnerd's "Postcount Doesn't Matter" campaign. My real postcount is just a bit higher than 419 Laughing

Naked Mod pics!
star
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This 419 scam version using the US military is quite coomon. There was a version circulating a while back that included the detail that the information about the loot was obtained using torture, but we mass baited that out of existence.

I recently did the phone work on a bait of Dott Giascopo for a Sgt John Guy version of this scam, and we led them a merry dance around London trying to get them on a webcam. There appeared to be one in West Africa and possibly 3 UK Lads involved, though we failed to get them on film. We did get a UK bank account out of it, but I am still trying to sort out the recording, as that's the only supporting info we have for Alan - he'll love me.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
komsomol
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm with SlayerFaith on this. It is highly advisable not to educate scammers ever, and this case is no different from others. Try not to point out any mistakes they make, neither in military jargon nor otherwise, don't contribute to their evolution - just silently enjoy their sheer endless stupidity. A best practice could be to slap them for things that actually are good in terms of potentially successful scamming.
williamnorris
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

His English isn't bad at all... usually it's totally crap.

Fake bank kills: 2x United Kingdom

<a href="/forum/donate.php">Click here for enlightenment...</a>
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic