SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Happy Towel Day!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Sgt Cho
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow Im surprised I havent seen an offical Towel Day thread yet.

Surley im not the only fan of Douglas Adams around here!

For those who are not culturally enlightened, the 25th of May is Towel Day , a celebration of Douglas Adams, and the legendary series he created: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

any true fan of Douglas Adams will on this day carry a towel around with them, as per the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:

Quote:
A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitch hiker can have. Partly it has great practical
value - you can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapours; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a mini raft down the slow heavy river Moth; wet it for use in hand-to-hand-combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or to avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (a mindboggingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you - daft as a bush, but very ravenous); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.

More importantly, a towel has immense psychological value. For some reason, if a strag (strag: non-hitch hiker) discovers that a hitch hiker has his towel with him, he will automatically assume that he is also in possession of a toothbrush, face flannel, soap, tin of biscuits, flask, compass, map, ball of string, gnat spray, wet weather gear, space suit etc., etc. Furthermore, the strag will then happily lend the hitch hiker any of these or a dozen other items that the hitch hiker might accidentally have "lost". What the strag will think is that any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is is clearly a man to be reckoned with.

'call me what ever you like my God is biger than yours amen' bekija zuma

'why is the government allowing people like you to live among human beings. People like you are suppose to be at the zoo.' janice churton

'Please come and f* me my love,your bobs are driving me crazy' EO

Cellphone x 88 Mortar x2
Fat Old Catt
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, I wasn't aware that they'd actually set up a holiday for that.

I'll certainly keep a towel handy.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm taking mine to work too.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Dark Spirit
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I carry a towel everyday, in case they decide to build the intergalatic highway on another date, vogon or not , I don't trust builders Evil or Very Mad

God himself wii judge you for trying to delay and make someones life a waste, Mother felicia, April 30th 2007
Thanks very much for fooling me ok and i dont have any other thing to say, Helimina Bright, May 1st 2007
Pleasantly, that we have understanding and continue intercourse, Elena USSR vlad, May 1st 2007
"read the stickies and the faqs." Newbie forum
pony
NatureBoy75
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm playing golf in a bit and therefore carrying a small towel, does that count?
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ No, golf doesn�t count as sport....oh wait...you mean the towel...yes, that counts Wink Laughing

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
Agi Hammerthief
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

got to by a towel today
are there www merchants with cool H2G2 themed towels around?

for those too lazy to google: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Towel_Day

hug the trolls - maybe it will help them to stop being a worthless piece of trash

CellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphone CellphoneCellphoneCellphone Cayman Islands United Kingdom x3 Nigeria
Gantz
419Eater is my life

Location: Sitting on the most uncomfortable chair it has ever been my misfortune to own. It numbs my bum :(

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@natureboy:

Only if the corner is soaked with nutrients. Smile

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Towel Day? As more of a Pratchett (and more to the point, a Lady Sybil Ramkin-Vimes/His Monitorship Sam Vimes fan) I was already busy celebrating The Glorious Twenty-fifth of May and Young Sam's birthday.

I need to find a lilac sprig somewhere.

Truth! Justice! Freedom! Reasonably Priced Love! And a Hard-Boiled Egg!

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
Feegle
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

At least we can all agree on Truth, Freedom and Justice. Wink
mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm all for the hard-boiled egg.

And if by "reasonably priced love" you mean "reasonably cheap dating", I'm for that as well. I think I would rather bowl a few frames than go to a fancy restaurant.

Straightbait

Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
Vanndickey
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mrsbean wrote:
I think I would rather bowl a few frames than go to a fancy restaurant.

^ What are you up to later? Wink

"EAT A DICK AND DIE SLOW"-Mrs. Mary Collins Brown

Mortar x5
mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would have answered earlier, but I was up to being in Florida for a conference last week. It had everything I like in a work conference. There were meals and/or snacks about every hour on the hour, a half day free for going to the salt-water pool/hot tub, a trip to Epcot, a half day free for getting an hour-long massage from a man who could probably crack walnuts with two fingers (I had no choice, the woman I booked with got ill and had to go home. It was get massaged by a man or don't get massaged at all. Guess which I chose.) Oh, yeah, and some work stuff. Just enough that I don't feel guilty. Wouldn't want to get all crazy and actually work the whole time...

I'm up for a few frames. I warn you, though, it totally wreaks havoc on my nails. All the better if the bowling alley has good burgers. I'm not into the beer, so I love that my local establishment makes a darned fine burger and serves tater tots.

Straightbait

shuntbuzz
Illeterate pinhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Do you prefer the curry or vanilla flavoured corner for nibbling?

Mortar x7
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic