SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

am I being scammed?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
jaybrown1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been chatting on yahoo im with a Romanian girl who I met on a dating website. Of course she has no money and has lost her job. Also lost all her belongings in the floods 2 years ago. She has never asked me for money. Now it has come to the point where I'm the best thing since sliced bread and she wants to come here to see me and hopefully our life together will be wonderful. She loves me and tells me how she always thinks about me. I have talked to her 4 or 5 times on the phone. However I have to call her because its her cellphone and she can recieve calls for free but must pay to call out. I have 6 or 7 photos she sent me and they look legit. Here is the problem I have---I dont know if this is a scam. She says to get a visa to travel to the USA it will cost around 1600 euros or almost 2000 dollars to pay all the taxes and fees between the USA fees and Romanian taxes and fees. I dont know what the rules are in Romania but it seems like an excessive amount of money to me. This does not include the cost to travel such as the airline ticket. That will come later. Everything seems legit to me up to the point I went to the bank and was ready to wire the money and a little voice in my head said WAIT!!!!
So here I am looking for some help. I want to know what it cost for a person to leave Romania and travel to the USA. Can anybody help me?
Da Mayor
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It is most definitely a scam. Read around here and learn. And do not EVER send anyone any money sight unseen.
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
She says to get a visa to travel to the USA it will cost around 1600 euros or almost 2000 dollars to pay all the taxes and fees between the USA fees and Romanian taxes and fees.

And that is the scam. He (most vlad's are really men) will just keep stringing you along with one fee and financial hurdle after another.

I'd suggest just blocking the email address(es) from your mailbox and cease all communication. Above all, Do Not Send Any Money. You'll never see it again.

I am glad that you listened to those alarm bells in your head; many times people don't.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As above mate, and sorry you got done. Best thing is to cease all contact and if you feel hurt by this then have a look here
http://www.scamvictimsunited.com/419_advance_fee.htm

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Gantz
419Eater is my life

Location: Sitting on the most uncomfortable chair it has ever been my misfortune to own. It numbs my bum :(

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Talk about close shave Shocked
Why don't you post one of the photos "she" sent you? I'll bet a pound to a penny somebody on here "knows" her. If you get what I mean.

Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sure it's a scam.
A non-immigrant visa for the US from Romania costs $111.
That is made up of $100 visa processing fee and an $11 PIN fee.

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
The Lying Dutchman
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That is most definitly a scam. A visa would cost her no more than $ 125, and there are no tax fees to be paid. Sorry for U, but it is time to go slap her up a bit, she can be regarded as MUGU. Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Thumbs down
dgloryhole
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

behind that lovely little fascade lies a dirty,scruffy,vlad-think about how he would look on your first night together-little pink nighty,3 days beard stubble,breath like rotten herrings Twisted Evil

pony
jaybrown1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok thanks for your help!! She says the money isn't just for the US visa but also for " taxes and fees" that Romania charges. Somebody clear this up for me. I need you to slap me in the head!!!
Da Mayor
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ Consider yourself slapped. DO NOT send money to folks on the internet! If it sounds to good to be true, it is.
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

*SLAP*
There are no "taxes and fees" for visas that cost that much! Please re-read Breddan Butter's post, as he knows what he is talking about.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
up_and_under
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here are some options:

1) You could always create another email address and write to her
2) List the email address here for someone to write her
3) Post the email headers for us to have a look
4) Post up the photos, hopefully someone has seen her before
5) Google some extracts of her letters to see if she has scammed someone else before

Mugu Reseller Russia x lost count Ukraine x too many Senegal x 2

When your finished playing with them, make sure you post all the info on a public website

http://www.romancescam.com/forum/index.php for all romance scams
Hellbastard
419Eater is my life

Location: Outside the Western Union office, with a sniper rifle.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@jaybrown1
Slap, slap, slappety slap. Romance scammers are a bunch of heartless bastards. It's one thing to escape from them with your money intact, but they leave emotional scars too. Do yourself a favour and give yourself a little time to get over it before you do anything involving either women or cash. I've nothing against either personally, but regaining a healthy perspective on both should be your priority right now.

Anyway, I'm sure we'd all appreciate it if you gave us some photos and an e-mail address. Some of us might have baited her. Certain people, whose names I woudln't mention in polite conversation, might even have gotten trophies from her. Wink
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The whole thing is of course complete and utter BULLSHIT! Everything you've been told by this person is a lie. Simple as that. I see it time and time again. The fees are rubbish, the girl doesn't exist and if you send any money at all you can kiss it goodbye. Post up everything you have on this scammer to save other people from getting scammed, losing money and having their hearts broken. Let the Google bots and your words save some other people from being scammed. Plus of course it lets those of us that love romance baits have a new toy to play with Twisted Evil

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok--you guys are the best! She is on Mate1 and her handle is MICHAELA 2007. Her Yahoo is victoria1960v
I always talk to her on yahoo instant message
I'm not a computer geek so i am not sure how to post a photo
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Photos are easy to post. Just go to photobucket.com and set up an account. It's all easy enough to follow from there.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I use http://imageshack.us. You don't need to register, just browse the photo you want to upload. COPY and PASTE the url here using Img and VOILA...everybody can see the picture.

I checked out the profile on victoria1960v ...there's nothing but a yahoo screen name.
I would be skeptical just on that. Usually serious people have something more.
jaybrown1
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok i put some photos on photobucket here is the link
http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z40/jaybrown1/
Hawkeyewon
419Eater is my life

Location: between Rocky and Bullwinkle, but closer to Bob Clampett! ;^)

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Jay... take a breather, with the expert advice from those before me... and do not pass go or send $200... not now, not never. AND, be sure not to share any "real" information of your own with the scammer.

Read all you can on 419eater...

you've come to the best place on the net to play with these dirty-rotten-scoundrels, if you choose to do so. Otherwise the secretary will dis-avow any knowledge of your existance(s). LOL...

"I don't have transportation, I only have a car
I will be able to manage a truck if I have one."
"know it's me that's on my knees swallowing"
www.scammers-exposed.com
www.romancescam.com
Began Steele
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Set yourself up with another ID, and become a "different person". Don't expect any different mails, the usual cut and paste crap/ Learn how to read the headers. Pound to a penny it is using "The Bat." for mass mailing. Next time you publish her pics we want to see her with her kit off.

And having once turned round, walks on,
And turns no more his head;
because he knows a frightful fiend
Doth close behind him tread."

"Thank you for making a fool of my situation God will bless you for all you have done to me for the past three months." [ With a certain amount of luck he will.]

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence
on those who would do us harm."-George Orwell.
Lose 10 kgs of belly fat an hour with our weight loss programme
Tarquin9
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My daddy told me many times that if it talks like a duck, walks like a duck, looks like a duck, smells like a duck and sounds like a duck it's probably a duck.
It's a harsh reality to face and somewhat of a knee to the collective groins of males everywhere but these women are way out of most guys leagues and wouldn't piddle on us if we were on fire in real life so why should they be so quick to fall madly in love with us ordinary Joe's from an internet dating site? Because they don't exist, they are only playing on the fantasies of ordinary looking guys who dream of being with a glamourous babe - having her on his arm as they go out to dinner or a movie, have her be there waiting for him as he returns home from a hard days work with a beer and a blowjob, to be able to show your mates what a hot woman you have or countless other vanities these people play on.
If you live in reality and try treating these dating sites as if they were not reality then you would admit to yourself that if any of the women there sound or look too good to be true then 99.9994% of the time you would be correct and save yourself a lot of time and possible heartbreak or financial hardship.
Don't be a fool or don't fool yourself, if they are truly beautiful with model looks and figures and love you almost straight away, be honest with yourself - ask yourself if you met this woman in a nightclub or wherever would she fall head over heels with you as fast as this woman from the dating site did? Honestly, would she?
I know it sucks and hell we aint THAT pitbull ugly after all but models are still models, and you don't see models out with average Joe's.

"FU, I have understood, that you do not wish to help me!
I will ask the help from other man!
P.S Those photos not mine!
They are completely made program PHOTOSHOP!
Good luck the unfortunate pervert!"
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My wife has a co worker that actually flies from SFO to Bucharest to visit her "Boyfriend" she met online. Scary, but I don't know any details. I would guess that's not a cheap flight though.

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You were absolutely right to listen to that 'little voice in your head'. Romance scammers are particular douchebags because they not only steal your money, they break your heart too. Follow all the advice upthread and read around the forum and you will quickly realise what a lucky escape you had. Unfortunately it takes a lot of other people a lot longer to realise they are being scammed. Take care.

By the way, if you know anyone else who's looking for lurve on the internet then warn them to be ultra cautious, especially with women who tell tales of poverty and destitution who want to come and live happily ever after (on your dollar, natch) with you if only they can raise some cash for their visa/ticket......

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
dgloryhole
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mmmm those goodies in her pic look store bought-life must be good

pony
Ari
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a bad idea to bait your own scammer, even if he doesn't have your personal details. Why? He already knows how to push all the right buttons to manipulate you. I would also take a bit of time before starting to bait to make sure you go about baiting in a detached way.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic