SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

OK, now what do I do?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
skamkween
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I created a new bank acct with no money in it, locked it down so no funds could be EFTed out. My scammer supposedly deposited $1000 in it, and wants me to return $850 to him via Western Union. I figure I will first stall him by telling him that my bank won't release the funds, because of all the Nigerian fraud, and that they will have to check the source and be sure the funds are real, which could easily take a month. Then, of course, I can send him on many wild goose chases with the wonderful Western Union ploys on this site. But how do I stall him for a month?

Trawler
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Did he really put money in it? If any money gets into that account, call the police right away and tell them what's going on. Any money they give you is stolen, or being laundered, or something else you don't want to be involved in, and you need to tell the authorities as soon as anything happens that might cast suspicion on you, and you receiving money from a shady source is definitely such an event.
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If he DID put money in your account, notify a Mod by private message immediately and ask for assistance.

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Skamkween

This was not a good idea as you can inadvertenly get yourself into trouble with the bank.

It sounds like your lad has flashed your account with the money.

He has either got a fellow scammer working in a bank to temporarily transfer X amount into your account, and then you check it, see it's there and then send them the rest via WU.

They could have deposited a fake check into the account

They could have deposited money into it from someone who's bank account details they obtained from phishing.

The money could be transfered from a stolen credit card.

Seriously.....you do not want to involve yourself with this at all. Close the account and walk away from it.

Then bait the lad from a new account

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You opened a real bank account? Shocked

If so, I'm with Lotta. IMO if the money is there, it most likely came from a fake cheque deposited into your account or from a victim's compromised (phished) bank account or CC.

If it shows as a straight deposit, its probably a fake cheque that will bounce sooner or later, probably sooner. The bank will take back the money and probably hit you with a bounced check charge when that happens. Don't touch the money. Tell the bank that you did not make the deposit and lock down the account completely. Close it as soon as you can.

If it shows as a wire or bank transfer (a bit more common), it came from a phished bank account or CC. This is called "money laundering", and can land you in a crapload of trouble. Have the transfer reversed then close the account immediately.

As Lotta said, you do NOT want to get involved in this.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Hellbastard
419Eater is my life

Location: Outside the Western Union office, with a sniper rifle.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Then bait the lad from a new account

Make that a new e-mail account, not a new bank account. Smile
Dark Spirit
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I created a new bank acct with no money in it

@ skamkween

Is this a real account or a faked one on a faked website, if it is all faked then no worries but if you opened a real bank account then do as the others said, CLOSE IT AND WALK AWAY Cool

If you opened a real account knowing that you were going to recieve funds which are, at least questionable, then you can be held to account on a fraud charge. and if it is a real account, did you open it with your real details Question Question

God himself wii judge you for trying to delay and make someones life a waste, Mother felicia, April 30th 2007
Thanks very much for fooling me ok and i dont have any other thing to say, Helimina Bright, May 1st 2007
Pleasantly, that we have understanding and continue intercourse, Elena USSR vlad, May 1st 2007
"read the stickies and the faqs." Newbie forum
pony
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic