SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

website link exchanges

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Salsera
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

this isn't really a baiting question but I'm hoping you can help me anyway. I have 2 websites for my 2 businesses and ahve received a request for a link exchange, I put a link for their site on mine and they do likewise.
How can I tell if it's genuine? Is it a good idea?

BTW I now have a mentor and my first lad Very Happy

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, one way is too check their site, if it looks legit, go for it. No real information passes.
Mind you, if they are scammers, you could be passing them new victims.
If your worried they wont link to your site, check back after a week or so, if no link, tell them. If still no link, drop their link.
Only time I did it was with a fan site for M*A*S*H. Worked well for me.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If it isn't really a baiting question then posting in the baiting help doesn't seem right. Moved to where it should be.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
Salsera
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

sorry Embarassed wasn't really sure where to put it and decided as I needed help I'd put it here. I'll know better next time.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I do this regularly for a website I help maintain. Sometimes we get requests for links from weird or dubious sites. They get ignored. The rest, I check the site over to make sure it seems relevant and legitimate or at least, non-scammy, and then add a link to their site from ours.

Never had a problem with it.

Quote:
Mind you, if they are scammers, you could be passing them new victims.

How would that happen if you're just exchanging links?

Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^ I think admiralross2400 means something like, for example, if Salsera had a sports website, and a sporting goods manufacturer wanted to exchange links, except that the sporting goods site is one of those Chinese scam sites, people clicking the link from Salsera's site might get scammed if they buy an expensive pair of trainers that never arrive.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Miss Behaving
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah, thanks, I know how to make check a website is legitimate and thought admiralross2400 would do that too. Sorry if my comment came off as too snarky.

Raymond Luxury-Yacht
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Salsera: I do get a lot of those "Dear webmaster..." in my catcher account, although I am not really a webmaster of anything (I do have my private site but it is very unlikely anyone who does not know me would know it). Since these people obviously reap addresses from the same guestbooks as our mugus and other "fraudstars", I would be careful about it ...

<b>Rebbeca Steve: </b>You are a failure where ever you are. Mugu like you;you dont have money you dont help peopls,after what God has done for you,still you refused to pay your tithe to God,you will remain poor.
<b>Anthony Audu: </b>I am getting frustrated and confused because very soon my family will be out on the streets
Salsera
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks for all the comments guys, I know I'm a bit over sensitive cos I was conned recently by someone with very professional looking websites. This morning I received another identical mail from a different gmail address so paranoia has won out and I've binned it.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic