SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Sky tried to scam me!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
FiveForces
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you're in the UK and have Sky, you'll no doubt know how shitty their Customer Service line is ( could get some tips!).

Anyway, since football season is over, I figured it was high time to cancel Sky Sports, so I called them up, got the usual representative that I could barely understand (he was HARDER to understand than the mugu I spoke to the other day!) and eventually, after waiting around for about ten minutes, got put through the billing department (I think, couldnt understand where he was sending me)

So I get asked how I am and if I want to switch to the movies despite me not at any time saying "I'd like to cancel Sky Sports and subscribe to the movies", and then she decides to go all risky free on me by trying to bamboozle me into paying for another month!

I get told that I'm getting billed the full amount on June 4th anyway and she cant change that, and that will take my subscription up to the 20th. Sounds like a good idea not to cancel now, as it looks like cancelling it now will mean I'll still be paying for it until the 20th, but surely they cant impose a bill on you for service if you're not getting it. So I ask why they cant deduct it from my bill and she says there's nothing she can do, so then I decide to ask what my July bill will be if I cancel today and get a load of mumbles, eventually finding out that my bill on july 4th will be �0 if I cancel now, and the full amount if I leave it until June 20th to cancel!

Nice try!!!

Also, she told me that there's been a change to the way Sky bills are paid. From next month, we are to send the money to their assistant, Charles Sodulu, in Lagos Nigeria via Western Union or MoneyGram.

So...errr...the point is, be careful Rolling Eyes

"GO AND DIE AND NOPT LIVE OK, YOU STUPID FOUL YOU TAKEW ME FOR PLAY? SEND YOUR SHIPPING INFO AND THAT ALL YOU TALK STUPID, SEND ME YOUR NUMBER THAT ALKL I NEED FROM YOU. NO NUKMBER GO AND DON;T SEND NO MONEY AND SEND HAVE NO PUPPY"
~ Bri Thany

"The whole situation is becoming ridiculous and absurd. Its hard to explain how a transaction that normally takes a few minutes to be concluded is starting to run into weeks."
~ Genesis Art & Craft

"you are treating me like a fool which is not supposed to be done"
~ Barryston Morgan

"I don't understand this...Its like you are playing on my intelligence."
~ Peter Roy
ScamBaitSco
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank god I already cancelled Sky+ Laughing Wink

The passport did not show, pls resend it again. - Mik3 0bi
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
Les Noise
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I watch footy over the internet... Risky and free.. Laughing Cool

I believe when you received your payout you will compensate me.... .. Sure Will..

Jolly Roger

pony pony pony Mortar x11
FiveForces
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

/\/\/\/\

That's what I'll be doing next season, I think. Found out today that Sky Sports is �16 a month!

"GO AND DIE AND NOPT LIVE OK, YOU STUPID FOUL YOU TAKEW ME FOR PLAY? SEND YOUR SHIPPING INFO AND THAT ALL YOU TALK STUPID, SEND ME YOUR NUMBER THAT ALKL I NEED FROM YOU. NO NUKMBER GO AND DON;T SEND NO MONEY AND SEND HAVE NO PUPPY"
~ Bri Thany

"The whole situation is becoming ridiculous and absurd. Its hard to explain how a transaction that normally takes a few minutes to be concluded is starting to run into weeks."
~ Genesis Art & Craft

~ Barryston Morgan

~ Peter Roy
Gantz
419Eater is my life

Location: Sitting on the most uncomfortable chair it has ever been my misfortune to own. It numbs my bum :(

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I watch footy over the internet

Where? Surprised

419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

On a related note (it's about Sky). I was in my local ASDA store today, and in their Audio/Video section I noticed they have a special Sky offer: For a one-off �75 payment, you get a digital Sky box, free intallation, and 200 free TV channels, forever. Obviously the free channels won't be the premium stuff like Sky Movies/Sports, but 200 channels for a one-off fee of �75 and no further subscription seems like a good deal to me. I can't seem to find any details about it on the Sky website though.

A little bit of info here, but not much: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deal/25961/sky-tv-offer

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
----------------------------------
eamonn
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Sounds like freesat - sky do it (http://www.freesatfromsky.com/) but others do it too.

I also heard t'other day that Sky are dropping the �10 sky+ fee that you pay if you don't have premium channels.

get your baiting forms here
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SKY are pure scum.

A couple of years ago, I received a letter at my business address telling me that SKY were going to prosecute me for showing unlicensed football matches unless I paid for a public package. It was a very threatening letter.

The thing is. I didn't have SKY. I didn't even have a TV on the premises. Yet here I was with this letter telling me that I was going to have to pay thousands or be taken to court.

Naturally, I rang SKY. I spoke to one of their customer service agents (that's a "tosser" in English) and they told me that they would remove me from their database. No apology. Nada.

I later found out from Private Eye magazine, that SKY had sent these letters out to thousands upon thousands of businesses in the hope of catching out one or two dodgers. But had they looked at their records and done this logically? No. The bastards had just randomly picked business addresses out of the local Yellow Pages phone directories. The fact that their victims probably didn't have SKY and therefore didn't deserve these threatening letters probably never occured to them. Or if it did - who cares?

As a business practice I found this utterly repulsive. I have therefore sworn never to pay for a SKY service in my life.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Gantz
419Eater is my life

Location: Sitting on the most uncomfortable chair it has ever been my misfortune to own. It numbs my bum :(

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That's the problem with big corporations, they don't really care about customers. So what if they piss a few off to the point that they say they'll never use sky (or vista, or AOL, or Sony, or...) again, there are millions of other suckers that don't know what a bunch of tw@s they are. Evil or Very Mad

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't recall Microsoft ever trying to blatantly scam any customers. Sure, software "licenses" comes close, but at least they're not lying to you.
Gantz
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I never said M$ was trying to scam anyone (although...) I said they don't care about their customers.

M$ = DRM and WGA (spyware)
AOhelL = The best customer dis-services bar none.
Sony = Rootkits (spyware)

All of 'em decide what's best for their customers without actually asking said customers (especially sony). M$ has stolen from many companies (remember the Java thing?). If stealing someones ideas and claiming them to be your own isn't lying then what is?

sabi?

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Slightlyoutofit Shocked

That's terrible...I'd cancel them right now if I didnt like their TV channels so much Crying or Very sad

~ Bri Thany

~ Genesis Art & Craft

~ Barryston Morgan

~ Peter Roy
David Lister
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Slightlyoutofit,

Did you speak to Sky Business?

I actually work in Sky Business at the weekends as one of their 'trained monkeys'.

If you PM your details to me, while I have an off minute (which we have quite a few of at the moment), I'll see if I can check that we've switched to no mailings.

Some stuff you may still get, such as the mailings about how "illegal foreign satellite is" and such, but I can certainly check you don't get any of the normal crap.

Also, to the first post, I really don't understand why they said that you couldn't take off the sports...in the business part, and domestic as far as I know, its billed in advance. Which is why, if you're a pub and sign up now, you pay your first month now, and second month in two weeks.

Also, anyone got questions about sky, pm me and ill see what I can find out. Unfortunately, I cannot access personal domestic details, but I can advise.

Also, don't always blame the poor sod on the end of the phone. Sky have been known to do things without telling us. For example, there's an offer for pubs to get free sky HD, and they extended it by two months, and didnt tell us. so we were advising pubs they'd be billed �400 :S

I can guarantee that anyone phoning on the weekend really does have someone who will try their best to fix the problem. at least to business. Especially if you get me Wink

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If for some weird reasnon they have to bill you upto the 20th you will still have sky sports up to the 20th - cancel it or yu might forget and get hammerd for another bill.

I got sky lst year and it has never caused me any problems. Anything more than the basic package is a total rip off. �16 a month for a handfull of sports channels... The top package is like �45 a month, thats �540 a year + tv licence. I can think of a better ways to spend the better part of �700.

Anyone tried the old phoning up pretending you want to cancel and getting them to give you a free few months? Cant try it myself yet till ive had a full year, but all big companys are the same. Had it so many times from ISP's - probably the same with sky?
Dirteh Sanchez
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.btvision.bt.com/vision/index.htm

Killed Scammer Banks >200 (gave up counting longgggggg ago.) Jolly Roger x5 x2 Mortar

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic