SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

The Million Dollar Club (check baiting)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One favorite activity of mine is now check baiting. I have received two shipments from the droperator, and have calculated the amount of fake checks and money orders that I have intercepted.

As of this writing, I stand at $200,008.01. I've decided to set a goal for myself: becoming a member of what I call "The Million Dollar Club". I want to, before year's end, clear that amount of fake checks and money orders. I'm not sure that I will make it, and if I don't, well, I will have had plenty of fun getting there.

One goal from this posting is to encourage my fellow check baiters to calculate what they've taken off the street. My amount of 200K may pale in comparison as that I haven't been doing this for very long, but it's a fun statistic to compile and track.

My biggest check is so far my first: $60,765.60. One scammer sent me two checks totalling $75,834.88. The amount of fake USPO money orders stands at $17,800.00.

Anyone else want to share statistics?

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
thefife
Baiting Guru

Location: Soaked in Holy Ghost Fiyah...it tastes like chicken

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well you've inspired me to pay those check lads more attention. Very Happy What is a droperator?

Barr. Johnny Gawa: Hello Baby.
Let hope to make it more real for good. (+2 pics of him rockin his delicate underthings)

Pastor Ramesh:Dear Mother Guch33y B4ggs in christ,
...So we want repair our tached prayer house. If you would like to help us 500 dollars it will be great help...Now I am some pictures for your kind notice. I am waiting for your reply.
Thanking you. Yours in His service (+ Banner!)

Pastor Ramesh: I dont want any luxary life ...Presently I need bicycle. It cost nearly $100 dollars. If you give this it is great need for me.

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Droperator is the term I coined to refer to an operator of a safe and secure maildrop. Droperators perform a valuable service when it comes to scambaiting.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
thefife
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ooooo...how does that work? Sorry if I'm highjacking your thread, feel free to PM me.

Let hope to make it more real for good. (+2 pics of him rockin his delicate underthings)

...So we want repair our tached prayer house. If you would like to help us 500 dollars it will be great help...Now I am some pictures for your kind notice. I am waiting for your reply.

Pastor Ramesh: I dont want any luxary life ...Presently I need bicycle. It cost nearly $100 dollars. If you give this it is great need for me.

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
lieu
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When you donate to 419 eater you gain access to safe P.O. Boxes. So when a lad says "let me hav yor adress." You can give them a P.O Box.

i also called their customer service, they just wasted my money. - T0p3 Ad3mola
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Recipe is as follows:

1. Sign up for a premium membership here (it's the most amount of fun you can have for this amount of money...believe me!)

2. Make contact with one of the dropbox operators. Introduce yourself, and ask about using their dropbox.

3. Once you get the OK, then start replying to the "Representative Wanted" emails that you get.

It's that simple.

AFAIK, all droperators will provide you a free scan of the fake checks that you receive. If you want the real thing, you'll have to send them some legal tender to cover their costs. If you send a donation on top of that, the droperator will think good things about you, and you will feel good too, knowing that you are encouraging them to continue being a droperator.

I looked into getting my own private mailbox, but believe me, it's cheaper going the premium membership route. When that first batch of fake checks and money orders arrive, you'll find that fascinating as all get-out. I still get mine out from time to time to look at them.

Septic
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Would I be correct in assuming that one would really need a 'drop' address to effectively respond to these types of scam?

I replied to one and then thought "what's the point?" when I've only given them a fake address! I'm obviously not going to receive anything and it's just going to be a wind-up.

Something I'd like to get into, though.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Septic:

See above posts about premium membership here. There are ppl that operate drop boxes that will help you get the stuff forwarded to scanned and e-mailed to you... if you have a premium membership.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am just getting into the fake check game. I am also setting my goal at $1m but I'm not in a hurry. So far it's been alot of fun and I may give up the lotto lads to persue more checks.

As for my "droperator"(<--I kinda like that Barry, good job) she has been really helpful and will be receiving many donations from me. Very Happy

Always,
B. A. Ware
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@BA:

Give up the lotto lads! Tell me it ain't so!

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Mortar x8
thefife
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ lieu & Barry

Thanks for the info good lookin out! Very Happy

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Septic wrote:
Would I be correct in assuming that one would really need a 'drop' address to effectively respond to these types of scam?

You only need access to a drop box if you want to actually see the cheque. There's absolutely nothing wrong with giving a fake address, as the mugu still has to pay for the cheque and get it to "you". Every cheque that winds up in a dead letter office somewhere is just a bit more of a scammer's resources wasted, and that's what we're here for, right?

Wink

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@The Man,

I don't know, maybe just a little Wink
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually I am thinking of taking up the check baiting. Seems to me to be a more direct correlation - every check that I get is one that did not end up in the hands of a victim.... while I can say that Barrister RAm0nd spend x hours in www.youknowwhaturl.com and therefore he was not baiting during that time it is just not as much of a correlation in my tiny brain as seeing the checks.... or it might be a lazy Sunday afternoon after spending two days out with the horses so I am just tired and not thinking straight.

Mortar x8
Bustyn_Yuhrass
Forever n00b

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Right now I have 72 checks, money orders, travelers checks, etc. for the year. My first and largest was $450,000. Grand total so far this year is $1,156,302.42, not including what's in the drop box now. I have the drop box operator hold onto the checks until a decent batch is accumulated, then they are sent to me in one package. Saves me some postage that way. Wink

I found that if you pose as a business they send larger checks. Tell them you can handle what ever size payments they want you to handle. I also try to put the rush on them. "Get the payment to me by the day after tomorrow and I can get this taken care of before I go on my two week vacation" kind of deal. That way they are willing to pay for express postage. I've received many packages with Next Day Air postage on the envelopes. Anything to make them pay as much as possible.

Mortar x4

banghead
pony pony pony
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bustyn_Yuhrass wrote:
Right now I have 72 checks, money orders, travelers checks, etc. for the year.

Shocked
Get a few more and you'll be able to wallpaper the bathroom, Bustyn! Laughing

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
baitshack
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That would make a great contest for this site: how much money in fake checks can you accumulate in one month.
Septic
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
You only need access to a drop box if you want to actually see the cheque. There's absolutely nothing wrong with giving a fake address, as the mugu still has to pay for the cheque and get it to "you". Every cheque that winds up in a dead letter office somewhere is just a bit more of a scammer's resources wasted, and that's what we're here for, right?

Thanks, SlayerFaith - that nicely covers it. I'll play it like that for the time being.

419Eater is my life

Location: Atascadero State Hospital for the Criminally Insane

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

See my thread "Mass Check Bait". I have been massaging a list of 500+ check scammers for 13 days now, and just gave up my drop address 24 hrs ago. The info given did not contain a phone number, I have one set up and am extracting those who demand a phone number. I will give it out when I believe it will produce maximum effect. So, count Me in!

One thing about dead addresses - if they Fedex or UPS them I've seen tracking numbers and Fedex will just return them to the original shipper ! The sophisticated check scammers use USA based helpers to send checks, be they knowing criminals or ignorant victims of a multi-faceted scam. i.e. A love scam victim sending checks for his/her internet "friend" who happens to live who-knows-where. I've called fedex and told them it was fraudulent criminal evidence and they just ignore it and return it to sender.
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Herb Sewell wrote:
One thing about dead addresses - if they Fedex or UPS them I've seen tracking numbers and Fedex will just return them to the original shipper !

That's the main reason why I'm a believer in using a mail drop. Mail drops can "sign" for UPS or FedEx packages, and plus the scammers can always track progress of shipments. If they're watching and they get an indication that the address can't be located or doesn't exist, they'll twig.

Some might think getting their own PO Box would be just as good, but some check scammers won't send to them since they are using overnight/express delivery methods. A friend of mine here offered me the use of his PO Box, and I kept getting turned down by the check scammers. That's one reason why I became a premium member.

Captain Oblivious
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

FedEx doesn't necessarily return packages sent to a nonexistent address. It may be it's because there was no return address, but I have a check that's been sitting in a warehouse in Edmonton since March 20.

Dear Captain Crunch, I verified the payment once again and the payment cannot be found.I took the payment slip to the western union office and i was held for 2hours because they thought i am impersonating. -James Hepp
You have been informed that you only have from now till Money, you are to send the money Via Western Union Money Transfer, that is your dead line of payment. Please take note. -James Lawrence
AND I DO NT WANT TO SEE THIS YOUR STUPID MAIL ANY MORE OR ELSE I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE F.B.I IN YOUR COUNTRY. USLESS THING -Thomas Akabike Robert, after one of his 13 trips to Moneygram
why most you ask again what do you go to western union to do, hope you are there to make a payment. -Shola Tan
DO NOT WRITE TO THIS OFFICE ANY LONGER.
We await your prompt response. -John Duke
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The main problem, as i see it, is the limited number of drop boxes in the US. I am also spamming check lads and can see that we are going to run out of addresses in the states real soon!!

How long before they pick up on the fact that there's a lot of maga's at one address?

The lads prefer US/Canada victims ( probably because they have blank cheques for that region)

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ That's been a concern, but not to the point to where I'm going to open one. I did research it, and my thinking is that you have to have the right form of address. If your dropbox is in a shopping center, you might get an address like 419 Umptysquat Road, Suite 150, Box 419 which is not as good as 419 Umptysquat Road #419.

The next decision you have to make if you're going to get a dropbox is how close to your home do you want it to be? There's no evidence that stateside lads are maintaining surveillance on them, but you still might want to get one 30 miles away or so. If you decide to become a droperator for the Eater, figure on less time for baiting. On the flip side, if you do become a droperator, you get to see all the checks and money orders that come thru.

I'll admit that one concern I had was for my droperator's safety. I had one check bait come to a head and I was not prepared for the amount of pressure that the lads would put on me. It had been a while since I had that amount of hide tanning, so to speak. I had to ask one of the mods for advice on how to deal with them, and I've been an on and off baiter since Sept 2003.

Bustyn_Yuhrass
Forever n00b

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Barry Kelly wrote:
I had one check bait come to a head and I was not prepared for the amount of pressure that the lads would put on me. It had been a while since I had that amount of hide tanning, so to speak. I had to ask one of the mods for advice on how to deal with them, and I've been an on and off baiter since Sept 2003

I love it when they get like that. You know you've really got them tweaked when they get that desperate. Did he ask you to be his partner when it was all said and done? I've had several do that. When they realize the jig is up, then usually think I'm a fellow guy and make some kind of business split proposal. I've used this opportunity to obtain legitimate victim info.

Mortar x4

banghead
pony pony pony
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ I look back at that now and consider that to be one of my best baits ever. He didn't ask me to become a partner, but he threatened me with legal action. I posted the three angry voicemails that I got here:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=105208

I still listen to these voicemails......I think my next challenge is to top them.

(Please don't necro the thread above)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic