SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Baiting a Baiter

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Saint Arnold
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
But you do take yourself a bit too seriously.

Well, there are two choices - to attempt to engage in serious, thoughtful discussion, OR to post this link and congratulate the mods for delivering so quickly on Eight's promise. One of the things I really like about this forum is that most folks opt for serious discussion of issues like this rather than flamewars.

Enough other folks have addressed the inanity of the stolen credit card comment.

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Becaue it's funny? Appearantly you have not read most of the published work out there, which is the dullest, most boring and un-funny stuff that you could read.

What are you really doing here anyhow?

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's even more ignorant, Bubba Rolling Eyes

Have you actually spent any time reading the forums?
Naturally people are having fun baiting, but the ultimate goal as I stated, is keeping the lads from real victims.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey

Last edited by lotta on Fri May 18, 2007 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Even if that were true (only baiting because it was funny), what's the harm then? It wastes their time nonetheless. Most people don't do funny baits though, so that was a stupid statement.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
BUBBA
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I don't know what you were hoping to achieve Bubba, but I doubt it was the (deserved) reaction you got.

Wasn't trying to achieve anything per se. I thought you would be interested in the racist rant. I was right.

But wow, what an eye opener. I had no idea how deep the river of self-rightousness ran in this land.
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, well, well.... Imagine my surprise (and supicions) when reading through this thread to see the IP address 82.1.233.46 well within my range, and of that of two other Eater members I know (and those two people would NEVER post racist shit like that in a million years). One would think that there was some attempt to discredit certain people going on here Rolling Eyes

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
----------------------------------

Last edited by Shiver Metimbers on Fri May 18, 2007 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No Shocked

star star

Frederick Fokker:
Dec 11, 2007

Spooky Tooth
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stop feeding a troll, and he'll go away. Netiquette 101. You should all know this by now. Thumbs down

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess that was the wrong picture Very Happy This is more appropriate

star star

Frederick Fokker:
Dec 11, 2007

jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What was self-righteous? We think we are doing a good thing. You come and tell us we are basically wasting our time and promoting credit card fraud. Why would be not defend ourselves?

You also claim that you wasted the time and efforts of another baiter. Then you thought that by posting about his racial rants that you would Question Yes, a question mark, because I don't know what you hoped to accomplish. You are more worried that someone used a racial slur than the fact that there are millions of scum out there scamming innocent people.

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

shiver metimbers wrote:
One would think that there was some attempt to discredit certain people going on here

Just who would do such a thing? Rolling Eyes

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
Radden
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We bait scammers to wait their time, money, and resources to keep them away from real victims. The more a scammer replies and believes that we are the true thing and that we're going to pay out big cash, they'll pay attention to us even more. We have more resources than they have, we have tools to waste their time, with very little effort. When we can get a safari out of them, that's more time wasted and the scammer is stuck in a location for a period of time before returning home.

If you don't want to believe the fact that these scammers are taking advantage of old/young/innocent people that wanted a quick "payday", then I really do not see a reason for you being here. BADgering another scambaiter is a pure waste of time, it's not funny, and it gets you no where. We are trying to do a good service, you're interrupting this by emailing us and trying to act like a scammer.

While we cannot stop every single scammer, we put a dent in their sceme to fraud others. We spread the word about these scammers, thus making the public more aware of everything that is going on. If we were not here, these scammers would get even richer. The more aware the public is of these scams, the less the scammers will get paid, and hopefully we'll get enough people aware where the word will spread all over the place and have these scammers living on the street and thinking about their life of crime.
benjaminbunny
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

IBTL Question

Scamwarners.com Advice and info about scams
Jolly Roger pony
BUBBA
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
One of the things I really like about this forum is that most folks opt for serious discussion of issues like this rather than flamewars.

You really feel that way? There is definitely lots of technical discussions and advice, but most of what goes on here is meant to be amusing. Do you seriously deny this?
Les Noise
Elite Baiter

^^^ Not all of us bait scammers because we think it's funny..

Perhaps this forum isn't the place for you if you're having such a problem with the way we do things.. Cool

I believe when you received your payout you will compensate me.... .. Sure Will..

Jolly Roger

pony pony pony Mortar x11

Last edited by Les Noise on Fri May 18, 2007 6:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
jojobean
Baiting Guru

Can we change his title from "Hello I'm New here!" to something more appropriate. PLEASE!

Goat

frankireland
Elite Baiter

I don't do this to be entertained, I do it to waste as much of their time and resources as possible because I have seen the effect these scum have on the lives of ordinary people.
You say Bubba that baiting does not make any difference, well actually it does. Myself and others here have saved victims thousands. I know that for a fact. We do not seek glorification or praise, but people like you Bubba coming on here spouting your rubbish with your infantile attitude really piss me off.

HOW CAN YOU EAT YOUR CAKE AND HAVE IT?

what i suggest we do is since you want to go into importation of drugs are you sure it is a good business venture to invests the funds in ?

Fake bank kills United Kingdom United Kingdom Ivory Coast Nigeria China
Mortar x21
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Any more fanboys who want to chip in?

Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BUBBA wrote:
Quote:
That's an ignorant statement Bubba. Do you honestly believe that if we stopped baiting them, credit card fraud would go down?

No. The point is that you are not quite the altruistic crusaders you think you are. You bait scammers because its funny. For the most part, that is the only reason you do it.

Okay clearly at this point it's obvious that this bubba dude is nothing more than a troll trying to provoke. It's clear because he (she?) obviously doesn't read the posts in this thread, given that several of us have made it clear WHY we do this, and it's not because "it's funny". I say, lock the thread...we got the IP, it's not a member, this guy (girl?) is just enjoying the hullaballo he (she?) thinks he has created.

Oh, and mods, wouldn't it be appropriate to ban him, since being a BADger is against the rules? (I for one would be happy not to hear from bubba again...and I'd be willing to bet I'm not the only one.)

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
Saint Arnold
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BUBBA wrote:
Quote:
One of the things I really like about this forum is that most folks opt for serious discussion of issues like this rather than flamewars.

You really feel that way? There is definitely lots of technical discussions and advice, but most of what goes on here is meant to be amusing. Do you seriously deny this?

Holy crap! You're right! What have I been thinking for the past nine months?

Ah, it's not worth it. IBTL.

Edit: This thread needs more Elton John. Where's Klaasvaak when you need him?

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21

Last edited by Saint Arnold on Fri May 18, 2007 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Don
Baiting Guru

But what if he only wants to be banned because that would get him credit among his dimwitted peers? Wouldn't it be better to not ban him then?

BUBBA
Not quite a Newb

Quote:
Oh, and mods, wouldn't it be appropriate to ban him?

I agree. Ban me. Ban all dissenters. And kill all extremists!
Hekate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow! Not only a BADger, but a self-righteous one too! I'm impressed! Laughing

Can we keep it? Can we?? What should we feed it????

We have on our programms according to the lay down rules to pay the Asians mostly the indians and malasians now and after that it may change. Rev. James Ucheomma

do you really think that i am just a stupid man like you,listen for the veru last time if i did'nt see XXXX after 24 hours you will heat your self.. [love scammer Chucks]

IT'S NOT I LOOKING FOR WORK.GOD FORBID.I CAN BE IN AN OCEAN AND WASH MY HEAD WITH MY SPIT. THANKS AND GOD BLESS.
MARK DOUGLAS.

United Kingdom France 2 x Netherlands
Cellphone
Safari See SP's Irish Safari!
Mortar x14
Golden Pith

Click here to support 419Eater.com

Last edited by Hekate on Fri May 18, 2007 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Our worth is measured by your desire to participate and accept us as arbiters of your complaints.

Goon on ya Thumbs up

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning

Last edited by GomerPyle on Fri May 18, 2007 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic