SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Mailing Address

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Peanut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey everyone.

I have a few gigs running and I think I'd like them to send some stuff to me. What do you all suggest? Do people use their real address?

I assume nobody goes out and rents a PO Box for this type of thing, so what do you do to still keep yourself anonymous?

Thanks!
Kdrive
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is probably the easiest way

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028
Peanut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's awesome. I'm down.

How do I know there is a P.O. box near me? Can I go directly to the PO box instead of having to pay to have it shipped to my home address?

It says to find more information in my control panel, but I didn't really see it - am I missing something?
Kdrive
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not sure peanut (being as I'm against Paypal and I'm a lazy arse about sending checks, I'm not a premium member yet)...one of the P members can answer that for you, probably.
fistymus
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

*awaits the entry of SP with his new Godly powers to explain all*

Rolling Eyes

Ivory Coast x1
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No, you cannot go to the box near you. They are run by people on the site. They pick it up, then you pay to have stuff sent that way.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Peanut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And that's cheaper than just renting a PO Box outright?

Is there one in Chicago?

I'm trying to get an idea what this would cost me - $20 for the membership, then an additional X amount to get something sent to me every time it comes in?

Is that what everyone does?
guineagirl
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wouldn't you rather support the website than pay for a PO box?
Peanut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm happy to give the website $20! I'm already down with that.

I'm just wondering if there's a simpler way than having to pay someone else every time I get a package/letter in a box I already contributed to.

I guess PO box's aren't cheap for such a small volume of mail? I LOVE the idea of sharing one box between many scambaiters - very economical.

I just wish if there was one in Chicago that I could just pop into it myself instead of having someone mail it (again) to me.

Again, though, premium account aside - is this how everybody does it? Or do you just have them send stuff to your offices or something? Are there any other options besides sharing a PO Box?
ScamBaitSco
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

guineagirl wrote:
Wouldn't you rather support the website than pay for a PO box?

Yup! Cool

The passport did not show, pls resend it again. - Mik3 0bi
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerSkype Name
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We can always use more drop boxes. You could get one and run it for the members and then there would be one in Chicago. Very Happy
Peanut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I could be interested in that.

How does that work? Who do I contact? Am I footing the bill for this PO Box myself?

There is a Post Office DIRECTLY across from where I work, so I'm in a great position to check it daily.

I'm assuming this means that everyone that has their lads using snail-mail is signed up to one of these drop boxes? All of you are?

Last edited by Peanut on Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There is one in the US, but it is not in Chicago. Most of the time, baiters are receiving things like fake cheques or paperwork from their scammers. The box owner will happily send you a scan of the item for free. You only pay if you want the original shipped to you.

To answer your other question, having items shipped to your workplace is a VERY Bad Idea(tm). Not only does it make it easy for your scammer to trace you, but it can get you in trouble at work. Baiting safe means never giving your scammer a way to get to the real you.

That said, the security of a PO box depends largely on where it is rented, so check that before you go rent one. Some places will happily give out your real name and address to pretty much anyone who asks, which is a major safe baiting no-no.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Peanut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks!!!

I figured the office/home wasn't a safe bet. But I couldn't figure out how people got things (like artwork - classic) shipped to them without SOME sort of mailing location.

That being said, I found it would cost $18/6 months to rent a PO Box here in Chicago.

So who runs this crazy train? Is there a moderator that supervises drop boxes? If I got a box for Premium Members to use, would I be footing the $36/year?
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can PM a mod for more information on drop boxes and how they are run, KD or Eight are a good bet.

Personally, I will suggest that you hold off on renting a box for member use until you have been here a little longer. Please understand that its not personal, but running drop boxes sometimes involves the real life details of other members, and we baiters are a fairly paranoid lot when it comes to RL info.

As for the cost, the boxes are owned by members and their use donated to premium members as a perk. Whilst I'm sure none of them would mind help with the cost from the members here, it does come out of their own pockets.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Peanut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Makes sense - and no offense taken at all.

I just have a guy that could potentially be mailing me something, and I'm trying to figure out how in the heck to DO that.
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Peanut

Having someone who "may" send you something is no reason to get your own dropbox. You will find that lads are always going to send you a carving/check/photo/whatever but rarely do!

become a premium member and IF someone does send you a trophy then you can just pay for its onward transmission.

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Peanut, SF just about has this nailed. Smile You are welcome to get a box of your own, and it's a kind offer, but I suspect you'd find people wary until you had been here a while longer. As for getting it knocked off the cost of premium, that has never come up before, but the two are completely separate, and I think we would like to keep it that way. Smile If you do support the site, you get some other good stuff as well as access to the drop boxes, like web space, a shiny orange name, and the warm glow from having supported a great place. It's a bargain, really, but it is also completely voluntary. Smile

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Peanut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No worries about all that! I'm as good as a member - just waiting for Paypal to finish giving me the money, I love this site.
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Settle down and look around. We do more than just baiting. We have fake bank site killers and all sorts. We aren't selling anything. We just screw up 419 scammers and make their lives a misery to stop them getting more victims, and we share notes.

You may prefer to deal with fake bank sites, phone lads or sweetheart scammers, or maybe you want to hit them all. Don't rush it. I've not been here so long myself, and you'll soon find out what you like and how to do it well.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Peanut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I've been here a few months, just decided to finally become a member the other day. I don't do much at work, so I've read just about every letter in the archive, and keep up with the stickies pretty regularly.

I have a guy I'm working on right now that is a ton of fun, and I'm just being hyper cautious about not putting any personal info out there.
Jervis Tetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am fortunate to live within easy driving distance across-the-border from another US state. This has enabled me to maintain a PO Box for appx $26 a year now in a state I do not reside in.

Besides the fact that I can use it as a 2ndary address for cash rebates from Proctor & Gamble etc it's also a wonderful op to bait the lads from and be a long ways away..

The Lads are somewhat reluctant to send fake cashiers' checks to a PO Box...They seem to prefer the street address wherein they can send a bag-man in, if possible, from the excuses they have given me. That ain't gonna happen, I might get medieval on a Lad that I actually meet.

What a FUCK, for doing this i will make sure by tomorrow i will be in Washington and send the FBI to pick you up where ever you are by all means just believe i must do this and use it as a prove that i am who i am. I give you just 1 hour to take my passport out from that page or eles when i get to Washington there will be no forgiveness just take my word. I will send all boxes and documents covering the boxes in your name to Washington and you will be asked so many question and if possible you will go to Jail with my power i PROMISE I MUST DO IT.
His Excellency Ambassador Dr. Kwame Bawuah-Edusei
Chief2B
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Make your contribution to the Eater, learn all that is learnable, make some friends, and if you still need an address for something to be mailed to I'll give ya mine.

Personally, I wouldn't mind it a bit if a lad showed up at my work Wink
Peanut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks chief, and everybody!

I have a pretty sweet story running right now, and it already involves 2 of the forum's finest (at least in my eyes, cuz they're helping me). I can't wait to post the finished result for your enjoyment. My friends here are loving the progression thus far!

I'm fascinated by other people's mail stories...how they give their fake organizations a real mailing address, how people receive letters/packages. Do most lads prefer to scan and e-mail rather than snail mail? ARE PO Boxes truly the way to go?

Thanks for your help so far, everyone. Great stuff.
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Obviously they prefer email rather than snail mail. It is cheaper and takes less time. Getting stuff shipped is not an easy task, especially if it is something big, like a painting or something. Big Worm and I are waiting on a piece of art that has been finished for months, but the guy is having problems coming up with the money to ship... If you can get them to do it, it costs a pretty penny. Just know that you are REALLY going to have to work for it.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic